Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Absolutely. When i was a kid, i had an ENTP best friend for many years.

As an INTP, ENTP-INTP friendships have been fun but challenging for me. ENTPs have a sort of wild energy, which is fun while it's directed toward me, but they quickly lose interest and look elsewhere for friends, and i end up feeling hurt when we stop hanging out. :shocked: But they're a lot of fun if you know what you're getting into. :cool:

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That would be the trolling part?

Trolling is a art.

I said how stupid you were, yet I ended the sentence trolling you, with a non-existent word that implies a non-intelligent "stoner surfer" maybe?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think my old friend that moved away was an ENTP. He always showed up at my house and didn't leave until he overstayed his welcome and was forced out the door. Usually we just stayed inside and played video games, but sometimes we would have the urge to go outside and do things like shoot off a rocket or put Mentos in Diet Coke. He was extremely loud and obnoxious, but absolutely hilarious. I miss that guy.

·
Banned
359 Posts
Wow, I recently found out that my father is an INTP.

He is always been a more friend to me than my father. And could surely say , INTP's become very good friends of ENTP's.
When we start discussing things its like we continue for hours.

We connect on intellectual sides.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
I love intps.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I wish I had an ENTP friend. I admire them from afar...

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I think it's a completely natural and logical connection - two people who are most likely similar in terms of thought processes and intellectual capacity, plus the introvert gets someone who is better at facilitating conversation and the extrovert gets someone who is a capable listener.

·
Banned
1,010 Posts
i get along with all INTPs i encounter. This forum is a fine example. I love having conversations with them because they are on the same plane of knowledge and intelligence as me, and that allows for logical discussions on theoretical events, debatable information, etc. I love INTPs. I even said on a different thread that they are the nipple on the titty of debate because of their excellent debate skills.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Yep, yep, one of my coolest pals is ENTP, as I've mentioned many, many times. I loev you kidz.
Sometimes I'm afraid that I'm not *exciting* or *fun* enough to keep him around, and I always assume he's surrounded by far more interesting and creative people. We are very similar but still wired differently. Something I really enjoy in our friendship is this invisible link we seem to share, and how he not only keeps up with me, but expands on what I say and makes it ten times better. He usually holds the upper hand on almost anything (him: instructor, me: docile learner). This is a little rare for me since I'm usually the more dominant one with others, but it's good.

We've had some crazy/fun adventures and I really value them.
It's a nice relationship. =^.^=

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I'm quite fond of my little INTP buddy. We're similar ages and we both grew up in the same fairly small city, but went to different schools, so we didn't meet until recently. There's not many NT's of any sort around here, or there wasn't in those days, so we were socially shunned a lot. He's developed a need to people please because of it, and any tidbits of restraint remaining on me are a result of it, but I think it freaks him out, in a good way, that I assert my similar personality with so much more openness and force. I don't hide anymore, where he still does. However, I think he appreciates just how true to himself he can be around me, without the need to act timid, meager, and apologetic. I've still yet to find someone who is more fun to debate with either. If I can just get him to quit complimenting me all the time and make him realize he doesn't offend or hurt me when argues with me, we'll have victory.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
I had an ENTP roommate in college, and we got along really well. He could bring some of the E out of me too!

Only downsides:
1) keep talking late at night when I'm trying to sleep
2) He was freakin dangerous! Instead of pondering ideas in his head like we would, he'd want to rig them up on his own! At times nearly causing fires, electrocution, etc. Very mad-scientist like :laughing:

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have an INTP mate. We get along quite well... Too well if you ask me.
There is hardly ever a dull moment and we always seem to have a good laugh...
Even though I listen to my friend a lot, I always wonder if I will bore them or just talk too much.
I am always a tad weary as to quit ahead or change topic before our ramblings go dry and shrivel up into cheap, crappy, boring conversations. Either that, or just sit in peaceful silence till one of us thinks of something worth while. Either way my friend is probably one of my better or perhaps "best" friend.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I have older INTP online buddies but I'm not sure if that counts? My younger sister is an INTP--smart girl. I don't think I know many INTPs close enough to my age, though I wish I did! :crying:

Eta: However, I usually test at about 65/70% E/I, so when stressed/lonely I can get pretty close to the I, though it's not fun for me. And when I've had a few drinks and skipped my evening medication (ADHD), I tend to get along splendidly with INTPs. ;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I met one once by chance. One of (I say one of for benefit of the doubt only) the most interesting people I've ever met. Hands down.

Unfortunately the relationship was short lived as we live pretty far from each other and the points in our lives at which we met were incredibly inopportune.

I think it's pretty difficult for me to meet INTPs as I tend to come across as crazy/loud/ditzy/the drunk bitch/unintelligent to an observer (perhaps this is an adaptation I have developed to feed my extroverted social needs). I suppose I also don't make it the norm to attend events at which INTPs would be present (where are those...? o.0).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts