Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm 17 and am looking at future options and careers. I was sat in my art class today and we were having a discussion about this and I mentioned costume design (there's this place in Wales that looks amazing and students can do work experience on the set of Dr who and Sherlock and the like!!!!). A friend said ' yeah youd get to move around and youd get to change projects a lot' (which was a subtle dig at me being indecisive, I like to travel and move and keep things new and get bored and fed up with things SO easily- like one minute its all omfg its the most amazing thing I'm going to dedicate my life to it, and the next its oh that thing? Yeah that was five minutes ago, you would catch me dead doing that!). Anyway, I was wondering if there were any ENTPs out there doing a degree or having a job in design and how you find it. Whilst one side if me loves to be creative, spontaneous and 'devil may care I do what I want, you gonna stop me?!', the other loves learning and an intellectual challenge (anything from theoretical chemistry through to politics, I enjoy learning things) and am worried a career in art wouldn't satisfy me in this aspect. Any advice or experience?

·
Registered
4,548 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hobbies are fun. I use 3D design to create products for myself.

Be careful about turning a hobby into a profession. Unless you go freelance, I'd advise against it. My 2 cents.

·
Banned
3,139 Posts
Hmmm...

I'm kind of at this fork in the road myself. I'm currently a physics major, but I'm really into studying music and dance academically, and I've also recently picked up a job as a part time model. I love the arts. I love being on stage, I love the people I'm around, and the freedom it gives me. I was in a dark place when I first got into the art scene, and these past couple of years have been amazingly therapeutic.

I think for the time being, I'll continue pursuing them both, but I have this weird fear that one day, I'll have to choose one or the other. That or somehow incorporate the two. Hmmm....

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hmmm...

I'm kind of at this fork in the road myself. I'm currently a physics major, but I'm really into studying music and dance academically, and I've also recently picked up a job as a part time model. I love the arts. I love being on stage, I love the people I'm around, and the freedom it gives me. I was in a dark place when I first got into the art scene, and these past couple of years have been amazingly therapeutic.

I think for the time being, I'll continue pursuing them both, but I have this weird fear that one day, I'll have to choose one or the other. That or somehow incorporate the two. Hmmm....
Brian Cox is a physicist/actor/musician. He hosts the show Wonders of the Universe. They call him the Rockstar Physicist. Certainly etched out a niche for himself.

Reactions: DeductiveReasoner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts