Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys know any ENTP CEO's?

I don't think it's necessarily true that most ENTP's don't have the desire to lead, at least on my part. The thing is (which I believe is most ENTP's?) I take lead when it's something that interests me. If i'm planning on starting a business on something that interests me, i'm gonna make damn sure I do what it takes to get it to the top, the proper marketing/advertising/customer service/quality etc.. If my family is arguing over where we want to go eat, i'm not really interested in taking the lead cause most likely I really won't give a shit where I'd go as long as I eat something. Know what I'm saying?

I know a lot of ENTP descriptions describe us as "usually not being able to finish off what we started" but if it's already in the process of getting started, what goes on from there?

·
Registered
18 Posts
My boss is an ENTP, a mature ENTP. My experience with him honestly makes me think that ENTPs are ideal leaders. He owns a dental lab and the business is still growing and, I imagine, will always be growing (unless he eventually gets bored) because he's always looking for ways to grow and improve. He likes to get into and evaluate systems, both the business and the people. He's flexible, creative, curious. He's egalitarian and appreciates a good idea whomever it comes from. He respects people's need for freedom in their job and trusts unless you do something to lose it. He is aware of and takes into account people's feelings but ultimately makes logically led decisions. All of these attributes provide an environment where people have room to breathe and grow and question and contribute.
Anywho, I know I'm just praising, but in answer to your actual question... He won't ever finish, not because he's not determined or stays on course, but because there is no finish line for him--better and bigger, better and bigger, and so on. Without more details about what particular business you might referring to, I can only give a general answer; you just keep analyzing and improving.

·
Banned
2,244 Posts
I ran my own business for 20+ years, so ask away.

I never had a desire to be a leader of men, though I can take over when the situation calls. Not finishing things is true, I've only used 10% of my talent, and I've only seen 1% of my projects to completion.

Reading Steve Jobs' biographies will help you a lot to understand the ENTP's strengths & weaknesses.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts