Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As an absolute newbie to this site, I must say I absolutely adore how they have an "asexual" sexual preference. That's so cool :laughing:.
Anyway, I recently figured out I'm ENTP, despite previously thinking of being INTJ. Maybe it will help thou who dares to read this a bit better :kitteh:.
Recently I had another kinda failed crush, making it the fifth in counting. What happened was there was this cute girl in class who I started liking. Her smile was really pretty, and she always had this aura of a rebellious tendency around her. That was mainly the reason why I took a liking to her, she seemed different from the rest of the other girls in this way.
It all changed when I started talking to her. We hit it off I'd say rather nicely, we got into a nice chat about vegetarianism and whatnot, nothing too philosophical or tough on her. Time went on and I was getting kinda bored of having maybe one or two instances over chat to talk about how the other person was. So I naturally took a step further and further. I talked about a few light but still somewhat philosophical questions, right now that I can't think of the top of my head though. I was a bit underwhelmed by her answers, but shrugged it off and thought that in due time she'd open up more. You know, like a blooming flower :D.
Well uh, that never happened. Unfortunately one day I got a bit too carried away and decided to engage in another topic: the future. She gave me this terminator-esque version, which I immediately went on to heartily debate with facts and my own ideologies.
At the end of my three large paragraphs filled to the brim with points about the future, I was greeted with... A short message of "Okay, thanks for making me look like an idiot :D".
Please bear in mind that I had no intention of ever making her feel bad, I just had the immerse urge to discuss something more than the "weather". I apologised immediately... But then went right ahead to try and talk about another conversation.
She never replied xD.
Oh well, I managed to quickly move on. I mean, why should have I stayed any longer and try again? There's always been a foreboding thought, a hunch, that she wasn't that great after all, that I was exaggerating her ability to discuss these types of things. That she, like many crushes before her, just simply wouldn't be able to keep up with the conversations. I tried to get rid of them, always pushing myself for another go. But, now I have proof that my hunch was true :D. So I'm not torn up about it or anything, I know quite simply there will be many others besides her.
To clear a thing up, I mentioned I'm asexual at the beginning. It was to make sure that the reader would understand that I wanted to have a mutual relationship, one filled with extravaganza, wildness, and hot talks, and not that I just wanted to have... How should I say it... "Pleasure" XD.
So, I just wanted to ask if there's anyone here that shared similar experiences like me and even share their thoughts :D.
Oh and in case anyone has inquiries regarding asexuality, feel free to message me or something :D. I'm quite open about it, I'm even going to presenting about it in my psychology class soon :kitteh:.

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,103 Posts
*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings MelainaFear and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum MelainaFear. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S. Meet my family

My Wife - http://personalitycafe.com/members/mrs-cafebot.html
My Daughter - http://personalitycafe.com/members/jenny.html
My Dog - http://personalitycafe.com/members/dog.html

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi MelainaFear, nice to meet you. :welcoming: It's possible she's just slow to open up. She is probably a deep person but was caught off guard. Maybe she felt like you were expecting her to answer quickly but got intimidated because she needed time to think your comments through.

It's funny though... when I first started dating my girlfriend (been together almost 11 years now), I thought she might not be able to handle my interest in deep conversation. My mom told me that no one person can be everything to us. That's why we have multiple friends and people in our lives. So that kind of helped. But in the end I found out she is a deep person and just needed some time to trust in the value of her perspective on complex matters. :D

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
As an absolute newbie to this site, I must say I absolutely adore how they have an "asexual" sexual preference. That's so cool :laughing:.
Anyway, I recently figured out I'm ENTP, despite previously thinking of being INTJ. Maybe it will help thou who dares to read this a bit better :kitteh:.
Recently I had another kinda failed crush, making it the fifth in counting. What happened was there was this cute girl in class who I started liking. Her smile was really pretty, and she always had this aura of a rebellious tendency around her. That was mainly the reason why I took a liking to her, she seemed different from the rest of the other girls in this way.
It all changed when I started talking to her. We hit it off I'd say rather nicely, we got into a nice chat about vegetarianism and whatnot, nothing too philosophical or tough on her. Time went on and I was getting kinda bored of having maybe one or two instances over chat to talk about how the other person was. So I naturally took a step further and further. I talked about a few light but still somewhat philosophical questions, right now that I can't think of the top of my head though. I was a bit underwhelmed by her answers, but shrugged it off and thought that in due time she'd open up more. You know, like a blooming flower :D.
Well uh, that never happened. Unfortunately one day I got a bit too carried away and decided to engage in another topic: the future. She gave me this terminator-esque version, which I immediately went on to heartily debate with facts and my own ideologies.
At the end of my three large paragraphs filled to the brim with points about the future, I was greeted with... A short message of "Okay, thanks for making me look like an idiot :D".
Please bear in mind that I had no intention of ever making her feel bad, I just had the immerse urge to discuss something more than the "weather". I apologised immediately... But then went right ahead to try and talk about another conversation.
She never replied xD.
Oh well, I managed to quickly move on. I mean, why should have I stayed any longer and try again? There's always been a foreboding thought, a hunch, that she wasn't that great after all, that I was exaggerating her ability to discuss these types of things. That she, like many crushes before her, just simply wouldn't be able to keep up with the conversations. I tried to get rid of them, always pushing myself for another go. But, now I have proof that my hunch was true :D. So I'm not torn up about it or anything, I know quite simply there will be many others besides her.
To clear a thing up, I mentioned I'm asexual at the beginning. It was to make sure that the reader would understand that I wanted to have a mutual relationship, one filled with extravaganza, wildness, and hot talks, and not that I just wanted to have... How should I say it... "Pleasure" XD.
So, I just wanted to ask if there's anyone here that shared similar experiences like me and even share their thoughts :D.
Oh and in case anyone has inquiries regarding asexuality, feel free to message me or something :D. I'm quite open about it, I'm even going to presenting about it in my psychology class soon :kitteh:.
Greetings and welcome to PerC! This forum is a great place to talk to like minded people so I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. Regarding your failed crush that's okay to fail like that. I myself am very shy and when I asked a girl out for the first time in my life earlier this year I was promptly rejected as she only wanted to date in college, not high school. Regardless I'm okay with it and that failure actually lead me to have a really deep conversation with my male best friend who I was sort of out of touch with for awhile before then. So my advice to you right now would be to try and reconnect with your old male friends, really your bros will always back you up when push comes to shoves so you shouldn't be afraid to talk deep with them as well. If you want a basic refresher on the Myers Briggs personality theory then check out these links:
Personality Type Explained
Functional Analysis of Psychological Types

I hope you can have fun here and discover more about how awesome you are! :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts