1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, pretty self explanatory really...

Do you feel empathy?
How do you feel about empathy.

How do you think empathy effects your actions, assuming it does?

If you do get empathetic does it move you to action for others or
for personal gain? I can assume both may be applicable for some.

·
Banned
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i‘m pretty empathetic and i think entps are one of the most empathetic thinkers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Afternoon and welcome to PerC!
Nice to see a new face, errr name..around!

So, being the "most empathetic thinkers"....puts us where exactly?
What does that mean?

I tend to think of comparatives as just that.

·
Registered
636 Posts
so i do feel empathy however it might not be in the same way others do. I sometimes think some people have a lot of ways to describe a feeling and i only have very few. example, for me happy is just happy but for others they have joy and excitement and etc. because of that i think some other people's feelings might be more nuanced than mine. So i guess i can empathized for the general but not always the specific emotion. and its not because i dont care, i do, i just don't always understand and a lot of times would like to understand. This is not to say i always agree. Sometimes i don't but i wish to respect others as much as possible even though they look at the world differently than me.

I guess empathy drives me to help out others sometimes. Sometimes i will act like a clown to cheer others up or try to fix things. sometimes i'll befriend someone because they seem nice and looked like they needed a friend. i might stick around with someone who i think is going through a rough time so they dont have to be alone. i try to do things subtly. i dont push to have people tell me things, i just make sure im available if they want to talk. i might stay up later than usual and if someone asks i'll joke, "do you see these eye bags. i dont ever sleep." even if i am staying up later for them, why should they have to worry about it?

anyways i also have this weird thing where i dont think its real kindness if im expecting something in return. so i try not to want anything. in the end i know helping out others will help me out. most likely anyways. maybe it'll help me network and if birds of a feather flock together, then maybe i'll have more reliable and kind people in my life. but it completely ruins the point if im expecting things in return. i help because i want to, not because i owe someone something, and i most certainly wouldnt want someone to help me out of obligation either.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm strongly influenced by emotion, and not afraid to show my emotion.
Just don't really help people in need.

I guess this is the result of having Fe in the third position. You know it's there, but you don't really depend on it.

·
Banned
199 Posts
I'm very empathic person.

Amongst the thinkers, entp/estp are the most nicest person that can understand you.

Intp/istp are actually very nice too (low fe) - but their low fe back fires as being too nice, afraid to offend - deal with it, intp and istp in real life when you get to know them are really really nice human beings.. Only they lack empathy (as they don't know what other people might be feeling)

Es/ntps on the other hand, are very empathic people. Especially on their mid 20s.. Where ENTp starts building their Fe..

Check out ENTPs who are in their 30s.. They're actually nice people who you can just easily get along aside from just being a a plain nerd. Because they can also get you.

The only difference between an Fe-dom/tert is giving fucks

ExTP empathize but they give fuck less (especially if it's not worth it; they know because of Ti)

·
Banned
199 Posts
I'm strongly influenced by emotion, and not afraid to show my emotion.
Just don't really help people in need.

I guess this is the result of having Fe in the third position. You know it's there, but you don't really depend on it.
I experience the same. You know people need help, but you just don't know what to do.

I'm actually trying to improve my Fe. But somehow empathy is like a curse.

It's like a conscience. You're aware and your conscience is like telling you to do it, but probably because of higher Ti, it will make you think that probably he doesn't really needs help. And on my part, i will observe others, they don't give a shit.. So, you will also try not to.. (probably he doesn't really need help)

But then, you will feel shit because you're aware but you don't do something about it... But eventually will do something about it.. (and when you did something about it, regardless if you help or not, just the act of helping feels good)

So, build Fe. It's necessary. Plus i think when en/stp build Fe, they will look cooler than people who doesn't actually give a fuck about anything.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I think "empathetic thinkers" is a great expression for how we are. We can listen to someone's thought process and, even if we don't agree with it, respect it if it has merit and is thoughtful. I get what she's saying there. We can logically put ourselves in other peoples shoes. But emotionally putting ourselves in another's shoes is much more difficult.

I've said before that I am very sentimental but emotional? Hardly at all. The difference is that I will cry during a movie or recalling a painful memory. But I don't react emotionally to things and it has made me feel shameful at times that I couldn't cry with my friends as they tell me something difficult that they are dealing with, or at a funeral, etc. I think I have the capacity for empathy; I'm just not naturally demonstrative about it.

There are times when I actually feel great irritation when certain people just seem to have sob story after sob story. I think we all have that friend who does nothing but complain about how hard their life is. And I can't feel bad for them if I tried. I think, (A) if you're that miserable, figure out to make your life better, and (B) I can't stand the thought of looking back on my life and realizing I spent most of it like that (always complaining, depressed, feeling sorry for myself). Life is short. Ditch the shit and have as much fun as you can.

I'm getting off topic. Do I feel empathy? Sure. Especially for children. But when it comes to grown ups, you're really the master of your own universe, so I don't feel pity for those who wallow. A death or something like that is different. I do feel badly about that, but there's nothing I can really do so I will give someone space who has lost someone and just be available if they need me.

They say treat people the way you want to be treated. I don't like anyone feeling sorry for me or patronizing me, so I don't really do it that much for others.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts