Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

There is alot of questions behind the ENTP & ENTP relashionship, incl. coming from myself as well.
So I'm trying the best way to solve this and I do believe it's a rare thing. I'm going to be the living proof of how it works and where it might turn around so I will try to keep you guys posted so every ENTP hopefully might take something from this.

First off, the obv one. She is not a normal kind of girl, in a very good way. So you have to treat her differantly.

I have been friends with her for the last 10 years and both have or had or gonna have feelings for each other no matter what happends in the future. We had or are in other relationships. We don't have sex but we are both very highly sex driven. We might kiss from time to time.

I was going to write about diff. kind of events that happend but I think it's better for you guys to ask questions and I will do my best to answer those.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Been there. Best friend I ever had was an ENTP woman. We talked about everything, went out and always had a blast. I mean like say 5x better than anyone I've known. Maybe a dozen times we'd be at dinner or something and one of would say "we should date" "Yes, let's date." Followed by 2-3 minutes of silence and "nah, this is too weird". We weren't joking around.

We did have sex a few times and it was crazy good...but the next day, the boyfriend girlfriend thing was instantly awkward. We just couldn't clown around and BS each other the same way. And she was hung up on an ex who I knew well, so that didn't help. The sex always happened after a long time spent with each other, like after a ski weekend with friends, or a day going to wineries. The next morning making breakfast...awkward.

It was hard to get serious about anyone else because compared to Ms ENTP they seemed dull.

After about 2 two years I just had to break off the friendship because I did want to have a LTR. One of the most difficult breaks I've had, but glad I did. We'd talk about our dates and ya know that ENTP devil advocate thing kind of crept in and the poor date never really had a chance. We held each other back without realizing it, and not caring because it was so much fun.

That was 30 years ago.

These days I've found the same thing happen. Came across 2 ENTP women on dating sites, profiles out of this world, and instantly no connection. Strangest thing. Brother sister type thing.

I think one problem is how different our worlds are. The few ENTP women I've known always had several wanna be partners. At a bar there would always be a few guys around her. Great fun as friends. Gives them a very superficial view of relationships.

I mean can you imagine what us ENTP men would be like if we could walk into any bar and have several of the best looking women all over us, buying us drinks? Our view of the relationship world would be pretty warped. Plus we'd always be in bars.

·
Registered
189 Posts
ENTP/ENTP relationships are quite odd as far as I can see.
I like to avoid other ENTP people in real life. I don't think a relationship or even a friendship would work out between me and another ENTP. I know two in my life right now. They're both pretty fucking dumb. They're actually in a relationship, and, as far as I can tell, they're good for/to each other, and, if my assumptions are correct, which they likely are, they have a shitton of sex.
I can't say an ENTP/ENTP relationship is bad or good, as I've never experienced one, but what I can say, is that I generally hate ENTPs. And that might just be my INTP talking, but ENTPs drive me fucking insane. That, or they entertain the hell out of me. As long as I'm not having to actually deal with them on a personal level, they're pretty great.
I just can't stand ENTPs. The avalanche of questions, the "doing stupid things to be funny," the fact that they won't go away when you're clearly trying to get them to. It's incredibly annoying, and I don't know how anyone deals with it.
So, I guess, from my perspective, I can't see how ENTPs deal with other ENTPs. But, as I said before, it's probably just my INTP talking. I am very xNTP.
I personally don't see how ENTP/ENTP relationships work or could work. There isn't a lot of functionality in it, as far as I can tell.
I couldn't stand to be with another ENTP. It'd turn me into an INTJ. Which, I guess at that point, might actually make the relationship work, but, y'know. I wouldn't want it to work at that point.

Thanks, but no thanks.
I'll stick to obsessing over INxJs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
There isn't a lot of functionality in it, as far as I can tell.
That's the key to me. I had very limited interaction with ENTPs in my personal life (what there is of it) but in business I've had a lot. I don't know what all their types actually were, but pretty sure there was like 30-40% ENTP, then 30-40% INTP and the rest in that ballpark. Working with them all was just as great as great gets. Great training for a young ENTP. But when it came time to going to lunch or ski weekends together...that so didn't work. In the office we were all on the same page. coming at things from all different directions, but moving toward some unknown goal. Personal interaction we all would head in different directions and no one wanted, or was interested in another person's direction.

Also I think my Ti bs filter triggers a lot around ENTPs in the personal world where in business my Ne kept the door open to possibilities where it might lead.

Interaction with like an INFJ is be a back and forth with each adding to the other and you both get some place together.

·
Registered
189 Posts
That's the key to me. I had very limited interaction with ENTPs in my personal life (what there is of it) but in business I've had a lot. I don't know what all their types actually were, but pretty sure there was like 30-40% ENTP, then 30-40% INTP and the rest in that ballpark. Working with them all was just as great as great gets. Great training for a young ENTP. But when it came time to going to lunch or ski weekends together...that so didn't work. In the office we were all on the same page. coming at things from all different directions, but moving toward some unknown goal. Personal interaction we all would head in different directions and no one wanted, or was interested in another person's direction.

Also I think my Ti bs filter triggers a lot around ENTPs in the personal world where in business my Ne kept the door open to possibilities where it might lead.

Interaction with like an INFJ is be a back and forth with each adding to the other and you both get some place together.
Makes sense to me.
In a business world, I can see how it would work out.
In casual parties, etc. I see why it wouldn't.

I'm not interested in the business world, so my experience with ENTPs go as far as casual parties and things like that. Where an ENTPs main goal is to entertain.

I hold onto my Ti probably a little more than I do my Ne. So I can relate to that.
Which, in retrospect, would probably make me more INTP than ENTP, but y'know.
You're making me question whether or not I'm an INTP or ENTP and I wanna die now. Thanks<3

I love to be around INxJs for this reason.
I notice a lot of the times, when I'm around my ENFP (He can be very ENTP at times.) friend, we'll get into an argument and later realize we were both arguing for the same point, but somehow managed to have completely different reasoning behind it which made us think we had different views.
I've never had this problem with an INxJ.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Been there. Best friend I ever had was an ENTP woman. We talked about everything, went out and always had a blast. I mean like say 5x better than anyone I've known. Maybe a dozen times we'd be at dinner or something and one of would say "we should date" "Yes, let's date." Followed by 2-3 minutes of silence and "nah, this is too weird". We weren't joking around...
You said something really important I think; when I compare her to anybody else, she is 5x better than anyone I know, and that is true.

It is super scary at the same time I do find some comfort in it as well.

We had never problems with the idea of being together, just timing was always really bad. In the first 5 years I told her that if we would have been together before that moment, we would have fuck'ed up really good only because we were to young. 0 exp with emotion, 0 exp in life, 0 of anything really and I was right.

hmmm I say they are a great match!
Also the worst as well.
Work in the grey area.
Yeah, either you are mature enough or it will burn to the ground.

UPDATE;

It has almost passed a month since I wrote anything about it.

Let me put this way; She is on my mind 24 /7. Can't sleep, can't wake up really and I'm stepping up my game with fitness and so on. Mostly just to kill time. This hasn't happend in our 10 years as friends or whatever you wanna call it..

I haven't seen her in about a month because she lives in a different city but we are talking quite often.
Some funny msg/texts;

Her; Good luck trying not to think of me, I' m everywhere
Me; I'm not the one who is sleeping with my sweater
Her; Well, I'm not sleeping with it, I wear it on occasion around the house

Her; I swear to god.. if it's not a goal to make it just so I can go about my life without interacting with everyday people. I need my own car, driver.. shit a plane! I HATE PEOPLE
Her; Good morning <3

Me; Well fck.. I think I passed your vision by a mile because I could marry you in that dress. On a beach in Mexico or whatever.. Alright, I'm done dreaming now..
Her; Wow you took it even further, weirdly I'm not fighting that vision..

In general we had one small fight when she ignored what I was saying and was pushing with her own opinion on something that didn't really have anything to do with what I was saying. I responded and called out her bullshit, she replied; Ok.
And that was pretty much over.

We are also going to travel on a weekend trip together very soon, super exicted to that. Our first trip together in 10 years.
I also believe that a big part of me wanna get together with her but at the same time I can see that if one of us would get selfish at some point, it will break in a split of a second. She got some goals on her mind, and so do I. But can we work together to help each other out?

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
I just can't stand ENTPs. The avalanche of questions, the "doing stupid things to be funny," the fact that they won't go away when you're clearly trying to get them to. It's incredibly annoying
You probably mistype those who aren't like that. Doing stupid things is not N dom like, let alone, NTP like. Being intrusive either. As for the questions, I usually keep them to myself. Unless of course one tries to shove a stupid argument in my throat.

·
Banned
4,281 Posts
I haven't seen her in about a month because she lives in a different city but we are talking quite often.
Some funny msg/texts;

Her; Good luck trying not to think of me, I' m everywhere
Me; I'm not the one who is sleeping with my sweater
Her; Well, I'm not sleeping with it, I wear it on occasion around the house

Her; I swear to god.. if it's not a goal to make it just so I can go about my life without interacting with everyday people. I need my own car, driver.. shit a plane! I HATE PEOPLE
Her; Good morning <3

Me; Well fck.. I think I passed your vision by a mile because I could marry you in that dress. On a beach in Mexico or whatever.. Alright, I'm done dreaming now..
Her; Wow you took it even further, weirdly I'm not fighting that vision..
Adorable. That is cute my man. Have some fun with this. Try not to speculate and project in this
relationship. Just go with the flow. It is always good to have a ballpark idea about what may
happen but I find if we try and think of everything? It is the bad items that seem to stick and that
can slowly chip away the items like the adorable goodness you mention above. Revel in the feelings. They
do not come that strong that often for NT types.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Adorable. That is cute my man. Have some fun with this. Try not to speculate and project in this
relationship. Just go with the flow. It is always good to have a ballpark idea about what may
happen but I find if we try and think of everything? It is the bad items that seem to stick and that
can slowly chip away the items like the adorable goodness you mention above. Revel in the feelings. They
do not come that strong that often for NT types.
Haha, I had a big smile on my face when I was reading your respond.
I agree with what you said! Cheers

·
Registered
202 Posts
hmmm... relio... reshala.... i know! relationship! *finished *waves hand

Anyway... If in an entp & entp relationship a fight breaks lose you can just throw in a glittery bouncy ball or something and it's solved. Both parties go "oooo shiny" and forget what they were fighting about. Think cats. Really, same principle. Anyone who gets along with cats manages entp types. Easy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts