Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am a 21 yo ENTP. Been interested in this girl (also ENTP). I felt she was very interested in me too, she was always eager to talk with me about everything because I would impress her with my wits and how ambitious I am with my goals and what I like etc and she really liked that. I was doing 70% of the talking and she doesn't mind. The ENTP-ENTP match is very interesting but also exhausting. The thing is after 2 weeks of seeing each other regularly I told her that I liked her. She told me that she likes me too etc.. but was not interested in being in a relationship at the moment she just got out of a serious relationship and it was taking too much of her time. When she told me that I purposefully said "okay you're not interested that's too bad" and disappeared and stopped talking to her for a while. She came to me after a while and brought it up again and started overjustifying why she doesn't want to be in relationship.

The thing is I am interested in a romantic relationship and not something else. Need a bit of advice here.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Well... because she likes you, as she’s already stated.

Needing time to breathe after a serious relationship is a normal thing. You can not want a relationship and still enjoy hanging out with someone else. Seems to me that the cutting contact made her feel bad, and now she’s over-explaining herself in the hopes that you’ll understand and... what? Go back to whatever it was that you guys had? Who knows.

You obviously want different things, and if you’re not willing to wait around for her to be ready for another relationship, then you already know what the answer is.

·
Registered
434 Posts
As Panda said, chances are she's into you but not ready for a relationship. Being you I'd give it a month or two, keep seeing her without being pushy. She'll probably get used to you and realize that she wants you around. My experience: I waited 2 months for an ENTP to decide whether he wants to pursue a relationship with me. We hang out once a week, gradually started seeing each other more often until... well, I guess I grew on him or something :D
I think you can't push an ENTP into a relationship, it seems to me that the best thing you can do is show them you're fun to be around and let it be their decision to keep you around. Since you're an ENTP yourself, maybe try thinking of a strategy that would work on you :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As Panda said, chances are she's into you but not ready for a relationship. Being you I'd give it a month or two, keep seeing her without being pushy. She'll probably get used to you and realize that she wants you around. My experience: I waited 2 months for an ENTP to decide whether he wants to pursue a relationship with me. We hang out once a week, gradually started seeing each other more often until... well, I guess I grew on him or something :D
I think you can't push an ENTP into a relationship, it seems to me that the best thing you can do is show them you're fun to be around and let it be their decision to keep you around. Since you're an ENTP yourself, maybe try thinking of a strategy that would work on you :)
That's what I'm going to do I guess. I'll wait for 1 or 2 months while keeping it light. If she changes her mind that's cool if she doesn't I'll move on and probably keep in touch with her as a friend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts