Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
It depends. What exactly are you thinking an ethologist does? Is it someone who writes papers and books on how humans should behave? Is it someone who is hired by a company to justify decisions they have made by referencing ethics theory or is it someone who is politically active and tries to find a good way to steer humanity towards a better goal? Just some ideas for what it could mean.

All of those could lead me to give you a different answer.

In any case, ENTPs tend to career-switch a lot during their lifetimes in general. Many of them get bored easily and hate getting stuck in a rut. For many it can help them to study something general enough that they can know a little about many things and apply that knowledge in creative ways in their future jobs. I don't know for sure if ethics is really the ideal field, but I think that for an ENTP, anything that can hold their interest for a few years is probably a fine choice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It depends. What exactly are you thinking an ethologist does? Is it someone who writes papers and books on how humans should behave? Is it someone who is hired by a company to justify decisions they have made by referencing ethics theory or is it someone who is politically active and tries to find a good way to steer humanity towards a better goal? Just some ideas for what it could mean.

All of those could lead me to give you a different answer.

In any case, ENTPs tend to career-switch a lot during their lifetimes in general. Many of them get bored easily and hate getting stuck in a rut. For many it can help them to study something general enough that they can know a little about many things and apply that knowledge in creative ways in their future jobs. I don't know for sure if ethics is really the ideal field, but I think that for an ENTP, anything that can hold their interest for a few years is probably a fine choice.
Great answer, but i wanted to major in something interesting enough (like studying animals,psychology) and I’m not sure if it is easy to get a job in these majors, or if i even hold into it..
we won’t be bored in sth interested us.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,889 Posts
Had to look that one up. Animal behavior sounds like a very interesting study. Just keep in mind that we tend to need a lot of stimulation, novelty, and variety, in our everyday lives. We abhor stagnation. Whatever you choose to do, make sure you build in some variation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had to look that one up. Animal behavior sounds like a very interesting study. Just keep in mind that we tend to need a lot of stimulation, novelty, and variety, in our everyday lives. We abhor stagnation. Whatever you choose to do, make sure you build in some variation.
i think animals/people are the most interesting subject & the most curios i get about them.. animals/ppl research sounds good
But as you just say we get bred 😪 that’s why I’m asking

1 - 5 of 5 Posts