Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering..

Reactions: nynaeva

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
No. I never had that problem. There were people that I might have lost as friends because I was rude (actually being bluntly honest with not a good filter) but in general I think people think of me as friendly and fairly approachable, not bitchy. My xSTJ friends have gotten bitchy A LOT though (but it was more that they tend to be serious and negative among non-friends).

I guess it would have to do with your definition of bitchy. Bitchy to me is someone who is negative, complains a lot, is not very approachable and is generally unpleasant. I would not consider "bitchy" the same as "rude" or "blunt".

·
Registered
852 Posts
yes, minus the complaining a lot, i actually complain in silence
people actually get surprised when i turn out to be nice

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
TOP DEFINITION

bitchy
An adjective that's supposed to be used to describe someone irritable, moody and whiny. Even if a person is not bitchy but rather, honest or blunt, a stupid person may use "bitchy" to describe that person.

Semantic analysis :

Dog-like - an adjective that's supposed to be used to describe someone irritable, moody and whiny like a cat. Even if a person is not dog-like but rather, honest or blunt, like a dog, a stupid person may use "dog-like" to describe that person.

·
Registered
11,584 Posts
Addition:

A bitch is a female dog which is in heat. So all male dogs see/reek her pheromones and want her, but she will surely not do it with every dog who is coming. So she avoids them on purpose or plays a game of difficult to get.

If we try to see that as a metapher then it could mean that:

- Men titulate a hot woman bitchy if she is hot but seemingly moody because she doesn't want more of them and tells that bluntly

- Women titulate another woman as bitchy if she is attracting their boyfriend/husband etc or at least the man they had a crush on.

I find both sides unfair....but if a woman is hot and uses that to conquer other women's men just because she can, and if she is mean and relatively heartless, then I would think bitchy would fit ;

·
Birdie Borracho
9,380 Posts
I can occasionally be bitchy.

Also, please do not assume my gender!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Lol, I'll assume your alias of a parrot is a male like it says on your profile, not you. Why would anyone think otherwise?

·
Banned
3,936 Posts
I have the fondest memories of a certain ENTP girl who, unfortunately, had brains eroded by Ukrainian propaganda. She is the last person I expected to succumb to brainwashing, but she turned into the most rabid, unreasonable nazi you could imagine. I tried to reignite our relationship, but she can't talk about anything but how I am "oppressed under Putin's bloody regime" and how happy she is to "become a part of Europe".
I really miss her. She was just about what I'd call perfect. We had a very deep bond, like our minds ran in the same mode. I've never had anyone who could relate so closely to me, and vice versa. She was probably the only person I could be "myself" with, perfectly at comfort and not judged for expressing what could be a controversial opinion. I'm not sure, though, if I could call attraction to her romantic. Soulmate, probably, would be more correct. Then again, who knows if it would evolve into something more...
But I digress.
Shortly - no, "bitchy" is the last word I could describe her with.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've been told I'm super fucking savage sometimes. Brutal. Cut-throat. Ruthless. Evil. Not bitchy though surprisingly (at least not to my face).

·
Registered
72 Posts
I know people get annoyed with me easily because of my tendency to argue. I've never been called a bitch, jokingly all the time yes, but not seriously. I definitely think I can be an ass sometimes. I'm sure people have thought it :laughing:

·
Registered
256 Posts
People often tell me I'm intimidating, or that I intimidated them before they got to know me -- this is pretty common, but it's usually the people who know me less intimately who are intimidated. I'm straightforward and frank, but I'm never indulgently mean or cutthroat. I'm never been competitive, and I'm actually quite warm and silly. I suspect female ENTPs may have to deal with intimidation and the perception of being "cold" more than male ENTPs, but whatever.

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm not deliberately bitchy...
But people (particularly F types) get the wrong impression of me.

I'm tigger-like, enthusiastic, glittery, excitable, vociferous, and like to party...
I'll chat about pretty much anything and expound on any subject, which often makes people I hone in on think that I like them or that I'm like them (I'm fond of acting and RP lolz). In reality, I just like ideas; hearing them, reading them, spawning them, attaching a probability factor to them, then filing them in brain-categories such as: 'useful for stimulating conversation material', 'useful trolling material', 'useful for creating fiction material' etc.

Sadly some people think my being interested in their mind (for whatever reason LOL) = my being interested in them.
This might result in heartbreak or disillusionment for them at some point or another.
Like I said, I'm not a deliberate bitch, but I'm experimental and not a feely type, and this can upset those who discover that I'm not exactly what they thought I was (and that they won't get anything from me) :p

If I get harassed, bored or annoyed I will become cold and cutting and freeze the offender off like a dry-ice treatment for a wart.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Occasionally, although usually I'm seen as friendly, just a bit on the 'you're being too honest' side. Perhaps, some might see this as a little manipulative, but I've always had a knack to say the things people want to hear and how people want to be treated. I don't usually mean to but it happens. (and sometimes I mess up. and when I do, that's when i get called a bitch. whoops.)

People like being understood and if ya gain favour, well, that can be helpful in the future.

Half of that was useless info. Just go back to the first word and that's all the answer ya need.

·
Registered
293 Posts

I'm for gender equality, men and women should both be able to be called bitchy :crazy:

For me being bitchy is being rude, impolite, selfish and ignoring social graces and other people.
I'm more like @Geonerd, for me it's an age/functions development thing. I'm fairly nice, helpful (Fe) and composed most of the time (Ti). I can be cynical and I don't run away from arguments but I have tact.
With well developed Fe we should be quite nice - for me it's something I'm consciously working on.

My XNTJ friends get called bitch more often than me, being a judging & thinking female with Fi is much harder than being a more spontaneous Fe user like us.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts