Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I've noticed a pattern on modern television: male ENTPs with female ISTPs (examples - Castle, HIMYM, Archer) but I (I am a female) have an INFJ roommate who is the most badass person on the planet. (Media example: I would argue Tony Stark and Pepper.)

What's better, ENTP females with experience with real relationships? (In the past... ESTP, ISFJ? Maybe?)

I kinda feel like trying to be in real relationships instead of doing that thing where I date random people who suck (I was bored with an INFP, but he might be an ISFP). But I relate mostly to Barney, Castle, Archer. That might be a problem with ENTP females not being very present in the media. So whatever.

Halp.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Wow an ENTP female thread. Good luck...lol Actually I would love to meet an ENTP female, I am soo on the look out for such a rare and wonderful creature.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
I seriously don't think ENTP females are all that rare. We just probably don't come off as obvious as so many people seem to expect.

But fuck random relationships with whoever. Honestly, when relationships are like that, then the other person might as well not be there since who cares about loosing them anyway. Because casual relationships are replaceable.

Now REAL relationships, like when you feel that special sort of dynamic, sort of like "this is awesome, everything is awesome, this person is my partner in crime and together we can rule the world". When you can spend the whole day with them and still not want them to leave, where you view them as an equal in every way and can't help but respect and be in awe of them. Like hell, seek this out and super clue yourself to it.

Dont waste your time (or the other persons time) with anything less.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Well let's all admit, ENTP's PerC persona is probably exaggerated. I mean this place is like crack for us. Personalities all lined up in a row for maximum trolling!! I am drooling right now just thinking about it.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Maybe a little

Idk I'm actually far less civil and exaggerated in real life when I feel comfortable than I am on there.

comfortable is the key word here.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this thing happens where we get crazy off-topic.

ENTPs. Things with the things. Guys. I'm getting desperate here. I'm about to go find an ISFP and convince him/her I love she/m.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
I'm confused.
What exactly do you want to know?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, i'm drunk, so i don't really know. I'd say a real relationship. with a real person. when regularly those stupid things happen (like you mentioned.)

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
well, i'm drunk, so i don't really know. I'd say a real relationship. with a real person. when regularly those stupid things happen (like you mentioned.)
Sweet I'm drunk to, honestly, I'm drunk a lot, it helps me, well just say I got problems. I don't recommend an ENTP - ENTP relationship. I find it better to find someone that can hook you to the ground so all your hot air doesn't lift you up into the clouds. I recommend to have INTP and "SANE" INTJ friends. I mean ENTJs are super smart but their rigid construct and arrogance are hard for ENTPs to deal with. I mean I like INFJs a lot, they are pretty cool but just straight up tell them, don't take me serious when I joke. Like I said find cool intellectual friends if that is something you need, I never recommend finding a romantic partner based on needs.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Ok, so first of all stop comparing your relationships to media. Fictional characters don't act like real people do. And like you've said there's a lack of female ENTP's on television (There's a lack of female T's in general in media).
Decide who to date based on who you like, and who you would want to be in a relationship with. There are tendencies, but they aren't rules. I'm sure there have been successful relationships in every type combination.
MBTI is really helpful in understanding yourself and those around to, but try not to take it too far.

Hopefully that helps some, honestly I'm having trouble understanding your question.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have met a couple female ENTP's and they may be some of the most intriguing women I have ever met. One of them I have actually known for years but never really thought of her as being an ENTP until my mom mentioned it and as I started to connect the dots everything made sense. I spoke to her about it a little while back and we ended up getting into a very long wonderful conversation.

Ive always had a thing for talking to women and getting to know them very quickly but its mostly because I can play to their dramatic side, the gossipy side; but with the ENTP girls I can get into conversations that I rarely get into with people, we can talk in depth and make connections to completely irrelevant things. Oh and the humor... we find the line and cross it. I just feel comfortable around them. The ENTP men I have met seem to really want to emphasize more of an alpha role and have a harder time letting down their guard and letting me get into deep conversation with them.

The easiest way to determine an ENTP female is that they rarely have standard jobs, at least the ones I've met. They have a flair for the artistic and can be somewhat spacey... but arent we all? My number one indicator though is when they mention not having to wear pants, and not in the sexual sense, just in the I cant wait to go home and not wear pants sense. For some reason that resonates with every ENTP I have met.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
My number one indicator though is when they mention not having to wear pants, and not in the sexual sense, just in the I cant wait to go home and not wear pants sense. For some reason that resonates with every ENTP I have met.
Wait, this is surprisingly accurate. I always wear a bathrobe at home.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Wait, this is surprisingly accurate. I always wear a bathrobe at home.
Hahahaha me too. So weird, bathrobe (night robe) and I wear speedo pool sandals. I like them because they are easy to slip on and off and if I get them wet they dry real quickly and don't ever smell like dirty feet. I don't like just wearing boxers because I don't like playing guitar without a shirt own cause the wood is cold and if I have to run outside to my car or something. hmmm funny.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Hmm.

I have the heating on too low for that sort of nonsense. A warm arse is a comfy arse, really.

Ooshiny, I think you should stop overthinking it and just go and get laid. At some point you will stumble across the magical other who is not only sexy but also interesting, and then you will want to have a real relationship with them. It doesn't really matter what MBTI label they carry.

If I had started here, with an field guide to MBTI types in my hand before going out to find someone I would have run a mile from my ENFJ.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
unicorns?
More like chimeras.
A lion for a head and a snake for an ass

What was this thread about again?
LOL- I was just about to reply to that post saying something along the lines of us being more like dragons, or phoenixes (is that how you spell it?) or some awesome mythical creature like that...but turns out a fellow ENTP already did :)

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Yep, us ENTP females can be pretty awesome :) But- the world would probably explode if there were too many of us...

1 - 20 of 65 Posts