Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Recently, I've been talking with an INFx (I pretty sure P, though not entirely sure) that I've taken a liking to, and have been planning to ask her out. However, I'm afraid my insanity and depraved humor (dead baby jokes) could scare her off, since she's really sensitive and a Christian. So, my question is: Should I hold back on my more bizarre humor and personality around her, or act normal?
Of note, I'm fairly certain that she already likes me, I'm just scared that she'll run off once she sees how crazy I can be

·
Registered
163 Posts
Don't stop being you. She'll know it, and think it's stupid. Also, the infp's I know hate being treated like they're oversensitive creatures. They will resent you for it.

As for humor? You can make fun of anything BUT her faith.
Dead baby jokes are probably okay.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Well I have an ENFP friend and she likes my jokes fine so don't worry. NFs really aren't that sensitive. Although you should avoid joking about her faith.

Unless you make a joke like "I couldn't be Christian because then I can't shave my unibrow."

Deuteronomy 14:1 says that btw

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Absolutely DO NOT change your behavior to match what you think she wants from you. Don't hold back your sense of humor even one little bit. I can't think of much worse than a relationship based on false pretenses.

Anyway, the NF's I've known and dated prized me for my obnoxious ENTP-ness. Give it a shot.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love dead baby jokes! NFs actually adore everything bizarre so just be yourself.
I thought she might, but I wasn't too sure, seeing as how she's one of those shy, conservative anime girls. Bleh. I actually... :unsure: care about what happens with this girl, which has me feeling very apprehensive. Still, thanks to everyone who replied.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I thought she might, but I wasn't too sure, seeing as how she's one of those shy, conservative anime girls. Bleh. I actually... :unsure: care about what happens with this girl, which has me feeling very apprehensive. Still, thanks to everyone who replied.
If by anime girl you mean she likes anime, I wouldn't worry at all.
If by anime girl you mean like a character from an anime then...
Ojou - Television Tropes & Idioms
Yamato Nadeshiko - Television Tropes & Idioms
these might help :p

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
163 Posts
I meant the first. (I'm in high school, so I still use general terms to classify people) Still, nice to see someone else uses TV Tropes. :proud:
If you find out which anime she likes or the genre, I can probably make a VERY good guess about what she's like.

I doubt she's as conservative as you think she is. Really.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:proud: Interesting. I know she likes Katekyō Hitman Reborn, though that's about it.

·
Registered
691 Posts
MBTI should not define the program of every single interaction you have with other human beings, and I think flirting is one of those areas in which determining that she's ESFJ and not INFP won't help you.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
@NoxiousRogue

No, don't hold back, just adjust to see how she responds.

You'll pretty soon get the picture of what she's comfortable with!

But you should always be comfortable with how you are around her, too.

So just adjust as you would perhaps with others whose company you enjoy.

But don't stop being yourself around her, because if it's *your* company she enjoys, then it's YOUR company she enjoys! Haha.

I guess what you're picking up on (yeah, I know, in 2010 right) is that she may not understand the point of everything you say.

In some ways "she" (as in INF females) could react negatively when they don't understand what you are getting at, but this should not mean you overly change your behaviour to suit her, I don't think...

I understand what you mean by toning down, though.

I just think you should not switch yourself off for her sake. Make an effort of showing you are listening to her, sure, but don't let her think you are not letting her see your real self! Cos that could be a reason she unconsciously uses not to trust *you* as much as she would like :)

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
If she is going to get upset over silly jokes do you really want to be around someone like that? You'll either be a fit together or not but it's worth being yourself and finding out. It could be a lot of fun. Good luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts