Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so after current circumstances I'm starting to realize I might be ENTP.

One thing is my absurd forgetfulness. Just last night I wanted to eat fish fillets for dinner, so I preheated the oven and got the fish out. At some point I decided I was tired and went to bed. Left the fish out and the oven on all night.

But there's more to it than that. I'm pacing back and forth with a to-do list the size of jesus and I can only do one thing at a time. Once I do that thing, something else pops up. So right now because of work and how little time I have in the mornings to run errands, I'm starting to lose track of my overall ambitions and goals that I used to have.

I need to focus but its pretty hard. I have ideas with how to focus, sometimes I will meditate for a few hours and that'll help. But I don't have a few hours. Suggestions?

·
Registered
368 Posts
- Exercise
- Perhaps the most important for me, finding a good work environment. I've realized that I need to be in a working space like an office or a library, and around other people who are also working, preferably people I know. It's all a mindset thing - when I see friends/coworkers busy it motivates me to get my shit together and go into J mode.
- Leave the smartphone/iPad/facebook/tumblr/youtube aside until you've achieved x amount of what you planned to do. Those things are horribly distracting and counter-productive. You need to be able to focus on your task at hand in order to get something out of it. Especially for us Ti users who are bad at multitasking. Distract yourself and your Ne once you feel you made some progress.
- Just power through it. I noticed that we ENTP's have an 'activation energy' when it comes to getting into the zone and being productive. I read somewhere that Ne-doms are least likely to get into a state of 'flow' (not that we can't focus on stuff, just that we like to think about multiple concepts at once rather than zero-ing in one). The first few minutes are hard and painful but if you can force yourself to sit down and stare at it you'll eventually get into the zone.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Less quiet, more action. It's like inertia. If you're moving, it's easier to keep track of things; stop and you lose track. I'd get started with something easy on the list and move up.

As far as the forgetfulness goes, well, that's just a downside of being what you are. You have to deal with it by being quick on your feet, and being able to redo stuff as needed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts