Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's this one ENTP guy who I really like. I've noticed on about 2 or 3 occasions that he tends to gaze at me a lot. For example i'll be walking down a hallway and when I look up, I see him staring at me from across the hall. We end up locking eye contact for about 4-5 seconds until I start to feel a little self-conscious and look away. I'm just curious because I've spoken to him before on 2 occasions and he doesn't seem interested romantically (he's not creepy either), so why would he stare that much? I'm wondering if any ENTPs might be able to shed some light on this. For example, what would cause you guys to stare at someone for so long?

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
There's this one ENTP guy who I really like. I've noticed on about 2 or 3 occasions that he tends to gaze at me a lot. For example i'll be walking down a hallway and when I look up, I see him staring at me from across the hall. We end up locking eye contact for about 4-5 seconds until I start to feel a little self-conscious and look away. I'm just curious because I've spoken to him before on 2 occasions and he doesn't seem interested romantically (he's not creepy either), so why would he stare that much? I'm wondering if any ENTPs might be able to shed some light on this. For example, what would cause you guys to stare at someone for so long?

I stare at beautiful things.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The guy just probably likes you and has a good strategy. See - you're thinking about this strange gaze of his, contemplating about the limitless possibilities. He's obviously in your head. That was probably his intention. I know I did the same thing when I was younger.
Nice looking, soft creatures with vaginas seemed to like it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The guy just probably likes you and has a good strategy. See - you're thinking about this strange gaze of his, contemplating about the limitless possibilities. He's obviously in your head. That was probably his intention. I know I did the same thing when I was younger.
Nice looking, soft creatures with vaginas seemed to like it.
I get anxious that I look like a creepy serial killer if I did anything like that. I hate myself.

·
Registered
73 Posts
A general rule is that if a guy looks at you pretty consistently he's probably interested. Flirt and enjoy!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone :)

grussvegas, I didn't actually consider that, but I think you're probably right. It seems like something he'd do. It might be fun to use a subtle strategy back, and see how he reacts :p

·
Registered
106 Posts
I don't know if this helps, but if I stare at someone I'm thinking what I want to say to them, meaning they have my attention and they are important in my eyes.

Reactions: Mina92

·
Registered
427 Posts
You really like him? How? Are you friends? Did you ever talk?
If you're in high school, he probably heard about you liking him and he's probably trying to test you in some way.
One of my good friends is ENTP, and well, you can't be sure he likes you just by him staring at you. You see, ENTPs don't really know about social conventions, in this context: not staring too long at someone. They have a devil may care attitude.
If you really like him, you should go talk to him anyway.
But before that, next time he stares at you, stare back for 3 seconds and wink at him. See his reaction then.

·
Banned
2,373 Posts
... you know, I have a history of becoming quiet and shy around women I particularly like. But if you were to stare at me I might blow you a kiss if I feel so inclined. I would just smile and say hello.I like looking at beautiful things too.

I don't always communicate my romantic interest well. This is my weakness with girls and it is something I'm working on. He might think you're cute BUT he doesn't know whether or not he likes you. I dated someone for two months perpetually asking myself this question. I also zone out when I'm thinking about/visualizing other unrelated things, and this happens quite often.

... interesting point about social convention. I lived in rural Canada as a teenager and when I was in university my social circle was strictly interested in having a serious monogamous relationship. I found it difficult to communicate that I wanted something else -- a light hearted sexual friendship where I liked spending time with the girl and she liked spending time with me where I didn't have to deal with the drama of serious dating. I can't speak for the others but this is STILL what I want. Whether I want an open or an exclusive relationship I cannot answer right now. This depends on how much I like her and on what we both want. Commitment and loyalty is something we grow into. If it's expected/demanded of my, nice knowing you.

I like to challenge the ethical and logical validity of social conventions. Me + strong social moralists = bad times.

Perhaps another question is: What is it that you want from men? Maybe the others can chip in saying what they want from a woman/INFJ? But yes, I stare but it's more of a hazy, dreamy, metaphysical stare.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
How do you know he's an ENTP, despite not knowing him long enough?
If it's information gotten through a friend, I'd worry about how reliable the information is (depending on the friend).

If he's single and he likes what he sees, he'll definitely do you. I'd say the "worrysome" part for you will be whether he wants to sleep with you or date you. You can initiate a conversation but it's most likely he's going to initiate one, one of these days.

From personal experience, if ENTP men and women are alike, he'll talk about sex etc. and try to gauge your reaction. He'll also say negative things, like "I don't think we'd be a good match" to again, gauge your reaction. You can have a whole lot of fun once you learn the method. I had some fun when I found out an ENTP girl was interested in me (like fucking with her mind and shit- but you probably won't like the idea of it) but the ending to the story's very, very sweet for both of us.

--
Welcome to Ti land!
And I <3 INFJs and ENTPs

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
... you know, I have a history of becoming quiet and shy around women I particularly like. But if you were to stare at me I might blow you a kiss if I feel so inclined. I would just smile and say hello.I like looking at beautiful things too.

I don't always communicate my romantic interest well. This is my weakness with girls and it is something I'm working on. He might think you're cute BUT he doesn't know whether or not he likes you. I dated someone for two months perpetually asking myself this question. I also zone out when I'm thinking about/visualizing other unrelated things, and this happens quite often.

... interesting point about social convention. I lived in rural Canada as a teenager and when I was in university my social circle was strictly interested in having a serious monogamous relationship. I found it difficult to communicate that I wanted something else -- a light hearted sexual friendship where I liked spending time with the girl and she liked spending time with me where I didn't have to deal with the drama of serious dating. I can't speak for the others but this is STILL what I want. Whether I want an open or an exclusive relationship I cannot answer right now. This depends on how much I like her and on what we both want. Commitment and loyalty is something we grow into. If it's expected/demanded of my, nice knowing you.

I like to challenge the ethical and logical validity of social conventions. Me + strong social moralists = bad times.

Perhaps another question is: What is it that you want from men? Maybe the others can chip in saying what they want from a woman/INFJ? But yes, I stare but it's more of a hazy, dreamy, metaphysical stare.
Right. While undressing them and fucking them in your mind. I know you lot !
;-)
-Ob.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts

I could say I am kind of the same, let me give you my insight.

When I do this it comes from me showing I like a person but my intent was to get the attention of the girls mind, I quickly open up to such a person, trying to show my best sides, I want to see how much attraction I can make by showing my feelings to someone by emptying my mind only trying to project what I feel in the moment. Furthermore, I usually do this when I feel a strong sexual attraction towards someone but it does happen every so often to a person I share strong friendship with(not sure if same feeling). I think of this as being in the now/moment with someone, the kinky way of saying this is "u share chemistry or energy". He might be like that to lots of people, I dont know.
He could have just been in the moment, free, confident, keeping eyes up with people that cought his interest, showing it with a half smile.
Sometimes I make strong eye contact to random girls just to see how they react, it might be as simple as this, just smile, I like it when they do that, if he smiles back he is giving you an invitation to chat.

I would also recommend looking at his body language, check sign of calmness and dilated pupils. Thinking he is not interested romantically could be a wrong perception, if I may represent a minority of this kind of ENTP.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I don't think I just do things. IMO if he is staring at you you are either very beautiful or very ugly I agree with @jdstankosky nudies required for further judgement.
Just wanting to clarify: Nudes are never implied, but always welcome.

·
Registered
106 Posts
You really like him? How? Are you friends? Did you ever talk?
If you're in high school, he probably heard about you liking him and he's probably trying to test you in some way.
One of my good friends is ENTP, and well, you can't be sure he likes you just by him staring at you. You see, ENTPs don't really know about social conventions, in this context: not staring too long at someone. They have a devil may care attitude.
If you really like him, you should go talk to him anyway.
But before that, next time he stares at you, stare back for 3 seconds and wink at him. See his reaction then.
I can say if I was winked at I would be thrown off because I would not be expecting that (direct of a?) reaction.

·
Banned
2,373 Posts
... if I don't desire a woman sexually I have no intention of dating her. Looks are important. Sex is important. As is her personality, her intelligence and her lifestyle. I want to enjoy her company as much as I want to enjoy her body.

I don't like messing with a girl's head too much. I will drop thought provoking questions in order learn about the girl and see if we are truly compatible. But I will not have any girl believe that we are destined lovers in order to have sex. If I want casual sex I find someone who is also interested in casual sex. I hate deception. I have no patience for those who use others for emotional support, for sex or financial/material benefit. I can't stand exploitation and insincerity in dating. It poisons the waters and does nothing good for both men and women.

Sometimes people want something casual, sometimes people want something that is more profound. My ideal happens to be a sexual friendship. Find your own ideal and go after that, and know that it might change over time.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for your comments everyone. From what you guys have said it seems like he's interested in some way, but could probably just be testing me out of curiosity to see how I feel. In any case he probably knows how I feel now, as the last time I walked past him I unintentionally gave him a flirty smile and he gave a smile back and said hello in a flirty tone. I've decided i'm not going to bother analysing things too much and will just see what happens! If anything, it'll just be a fun way for both of us to practice our flirting skills.. :kitteh:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts