Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
Depends on a lot of things.

l can generally tell if a guy is only being nice to me because he wants to bone me, although l didn't catch this initially with one close guy friend l later dated. l thought he just really liked me...because l was cool, you know.

l have had a handful of close male NT friends who l had complete transparency with, but generally l have the same dynamic with NT women and l just don't find huge gender variation with the temperament.

As far as ''most'' men and women, l don't think there's a greater chance of me forming friendships with either sex more easily, but l suppose the typical man requires less...energy, in general.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I'm a guy, and I'm closer with more girls than guys.

if u no wat i mean

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
I think I'm an ENTP... But, I know for sure I'm a lady. :cool:

I get along with everybody, but it would seem that I prefer the company of ladies less, as gorgeous as they can be. :wink:

Girls can be moody and unpredictable. I've always found, at the workplace at least, that I've gotten along with the guys worlds better. They're just calmer and more easygoing, and I don't generally have to worry about gossip or silly workplace drama.

Girls have a tendency to be bitchy, maybe even a little bit snobby. They can judge you based upon really trivial things.

Guys don't really care about trivial things, for the most part. At least from what I've noticed.

I haven't really had much of a chance to get to know many thinker women, sadly, but those who I have known were awesomely similar to me.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
I get along with both equally
(depends on the girl, depends on the guy)

Reactions: Elveni

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
No, my closest friends have always been girls.
I can see why a lot of female ENTP's friends are guys. With girls you have to develop Fe pretty quickly, and pay more attention to what you say, especially when you're younger.
I've come to realize that all of my close friends in elementary school were introverts. It really makes so much sense. There was of course a large group of girls who would be interested in things like having "Crushes" and different outfits and stuff, and all that bored me. And now I can find it really funny that a bunch of those girls had a crush on a guy who's come out as gay.
Anyway, my friends weren't all that interested in hanging out with that many people. So I would talk to like one to three girls most days.
Now the friend I talk to most is an ESTJ, and other close friends are INFJ's, an INTP, ENFP's, and I have one really great ESFP friend. I have guy friends, but I'm just not that close with them. Not sure why, it just is.

EDIT: Oh, and while I never wear makeup to school or think about my outfits, I still like girly stuff. Nail polish is something I really love, and online shopping is fun. I have lots of makeup and know how to apply it. I'm just not willing to wake up early to do anything special.

·
Registered
366 Posts
The only people I've truly bonded with (outside of my family) have well-developed Ti/Te. It doesn't really matter if the person is a girl or a boy but perhaps a boy is more likely to have this characteristic.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Eh, I think this thread associates being female with a certain kind of shitty personality. I like hanging out with girls, I like hanging out with guys, and I don't like being around annoying people. Guys as whole are just as capable of being annoying drama queen whine boats as ladies.

I find that I get along best with NF ladies, but I have great friendships with STs (I don't know many other female NTs, but I feel like they'd be great).

Not PC policing, just trying to shake up a tired conversation.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Generally 50/50 in real life.
I tend to adjust more with many of the girls in the Internet (nothing I can't handle) but I rarely ever do with the girls in real life. Maybe it's because the girls are more easygoing here. In the end, my best friend is an F girl. (Shared interest : anime)

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
Eh, I think this thread associates being female with a certain kind of shitty personality. I like hanging out with girls, I like hanging out with guys, and I don't like being around annoying people. Guys as whole are just as capable of being annoying drama queen whine boats as ladies.

I find that I get along best with NF ladies, but I have great friendships with STs (I don't know many other female NTs, but I feel like they'd be great).

Not PC policing, just trying to shake up a tired conversation.
l think the idea is always ''girl group'', some catty gaggle of girls. l've had close female friends who were a part of a larger group that was mixed with everything, or even one other girl and mostly gay males.

Also a few other loner girls, but l was usually the loner girl who was introduced into a group. Very shortly part of a typical girl group in my teens, but l had no other options where l was.

Reactions: Word Dispenser

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yeah. Because more of them are like you. Women are shown to be more SF's and men more NT's (although still a lot of SF)

·
Registered
96 Posts
My closest friends are women, but most of my regular friends are male. I was once in a male dominated group 140M/10F and it was wonderful. I had something like only 3 close female friends in my life, that's not much.
But this may have more to do with me being 8, I don't like girly girls, bleh.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I prefer women.

When I was young I bought into that whole "girls are stupid, superficial and catty and only like to gossip and talk about makeup and boys" thing, and I liked to think of myself as an exception and "one of the guys", so I valued those relations more, but, thankfully, as I grew up and got to know various actual women, I realized that was far from the truth.

Nowadays I prefer women overall because I find that the experiences women are forced to have as they grow up and go about their lives force them to figure out certain things that men can easily stay blind to, and I don't feel like I'm on the same wavelength with people who don't have certain things figured out. Also, the society pushes men to become emotionally closed off, so with a lot of men it can be difficult to build a friendship that's as close and emotionally open and honest as I prefer my friendships to be.

I guess, number-wise, I have about as many female and male friends (IRL at least), but I'm more likely to think a girl I meet has "friendship potential" than a guy, I guess I just don't have that much interest in getting to know most guys I cross paths with.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Mostly, yes. But it's my own fault - I have quite a sarcastic/cynical sense of humor and sometimes I fear that I'll offend girls or I'll come off as rude (which coincidentally is the latest rumor about me at work among the female staff), therefore I talk with them less and end up bonding with guys much better. Having very few female friends is one of my biggest regrets in life.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Ugh, why use the term "girls", sounds so fifth grade.

I love men, get along great with them. I like women, most of my best friends have been women. I try and cultivate a likeable exterior but end up fomenting discord at times. Women are typically less forgiving of my quirks and whatnot.

I think because women are encouraged to be all "you hurt my feelings and blah blah blah" whereas a guy will pretend otherwise. I think that just gives a greater impression that I get along better with men but I'm pretty sure I've pissed off my fair share of them too.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Most of the time, yeah.
It's on me, though - I feel more comfortable around guys because I tend to filter a lot of the more inappropriate things I say when I'm around girls. With guys, I act without restraint.
I like how I can just mess around with them, and just... Idk, casually go to a strip club with them for the hell of it, go racing, etc.

Not that women don't like that kind of stuff too, it's just that men are more likely to have them as interests.

Sexist? Yep... Sexist! ;(

The girl friends I do click with though, I adore. I have one (INFJ!) female friend whom I will love forever.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts