Personality Cafe banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everybody,
this is where i go when i got problems so send me your unabashed, unbiased feedback!
next thursday i have 2 options:

1 i can jam with my band

2 i can go see a lady at a show

music is what i want to do with my life but what point have i reached where none of those possibilities appeal to me?
i have no reason to believe in my bands material and 99 times out of 100 when a girl says she'll come to a show she flakes
those 2 options should be a win-win but it just seems like neither will turn out how i want
i also have no one to talk to about this which is why im here
i would ask for help but i feel like i am beyond what the denizens of the internet can offer
sorry 2 bum u out!

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Huh?

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
*laughing*

This didn't bum me out. I found the title to be deliciously ironic!

And the post just made it that much better! :laughing:

My vote --> Do your homework and clean your room. :tongue:

·
Banned
560 Posts
Confidence dude. Build it.

The following information belongs to this source. Click for more details.

Low Self-Confidence:

- Governing your behavior based on what other people think.

- Staying in your comfort zone, fearing failure, and so avoid taking risks.

- Working hard to cover up mistakes, and hoping that you can fix the problem before anyone notices.

- Waiting for others to congratulate you on your accomplishments.

-Dismissing compliments offhandedly. “Oh, that prospectus was nothing really, anyone could have done it.”

Self-confidence:

- Doing what you believe to be right, even if others mock or criticize you for it.

- Being willing to take risks and go the extra mile to achieve better things.

- Admitting your mistakes, and learning from them.

- Extolling your own virtues as often as possible to as many people as possible.

- Accepting compliments graciously. “Thanks, I really worked hard on that prospectus. I’m pleased you recognize my efforts.”

Building self-confidence:

- Think about your life so far, and list the ten best things you've achieved in an "Achievement Log." Perhaps you came top in an important test or exam, played a key role in an important team, produced the best sales figures in a period, did something that made a key difference in someone else’s life, or delivered a project that meant a lot for your business.

- Set the major goals in your life, identify the first step in each.

- Promise to yourself that you are absolutely committed to your journey, and that you will do all in your power to achieve it.
If, as you’re doing it, you find doubts starting to surface, write them down and challenge them calmly and rationally. If they dissolve under scrutiny, that’s great. However if they are based on genuine risks, make sure you set additional goals to manage these appropriately.

- Identify the skills you’ll need to achieve your goals.

- Start off simple.

- Learn to handle failure. Pretty really shitty at something is always the first step to being not that shitty.

- Keep accelerating your goals.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts