Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I often get called a hipster by many people, this is due to the fact that simply I tend to be more interested in counter-culture and have alternative alternatives tastes. Whether it be music, art, film, literature, even politics, I naturally enjoy these things. Of course this isn't solely an ENTP thing, but simply...and you can read into this, draw on this however you see fit, as ENTPs, do you ever get called a hipster?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Sometimes I get called a hipster. I basically use the term allll the time. Half the world can be classified as hipsters now. There's basically hipsters and non hipsters.

And if you proceed to tell me why you are not a hipster, you are a hipster.

·
Registered
132 Posts
My dad calls me a hipster. Then again, he calls everyone under 30 a hipster. But yeah, I would sort of classify myself as a hipster. I do live in Portland, where there are a lot of hipsters per capita, so I wouldn't consider myself much of a hipster compared to some. But I can definitely relate to the label.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Never.

But for the record, I have an ENTP friend who's a... "hipster" or whatever some of you guys do with that whole "I'm so mainstream that I act like I'm not a hipster and know it'll make me seem even more like a hipster because it's so ironic and mainstream.. and acting mainstream is unmainstream so" or something along those lines.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I'm never called one, but even if I were, it's really of no importance. A 'hipster' is someone who, in this decade, likes stuff that you don't like. It's post-modern high school click bullshit.

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
Yeah Im pretty sure Im not a hipster.

Unless always wearing the same single color gray jacket, single color shirts with no designs, blue jeans, worn out shoes I never bothered to replace and hair I literally just flattened with my hand after the shower = Hipster

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
I get called a hipster from time to time. Especially when I try new products, like "blk.".

They call me Satan
An ex once called me the "spawn of darkness". Yes, that's an exact quote.

Reactions: DeathRipper

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My dad calls me a hipster. Then again, he calls everyone under 30 a hipster. But yeah, I would sort of classify myself as a hipster. I do live in Portland, where there are a lot of hipsters per capita, so I wouldn't consider myself much of a hipster compared to some. But I can definitely relate to the label.
Sure Portland is like the Jew's promised land but for hipsters :cool:

·
Registered
102 Posts
REAL hipsters, the shallow, pseudo intellectual/intellectual wanna bes, are the result of having no real sense of identity or confidence, so they get into obscure shit to feel unique or "cool." And a scarf made from an old T-Shirt, that isn't actually warm, never hurts.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Too many people try to be hipsters nowadays imo. If I seem like one, so be it...but broadcasting how different one is to the world doesn't seem that "different" to me. That's just what people have been doing for ages, having some intrinsic reason to call attention to themselves for dumb, fake causes. If you want everyone to see you for how different you are, try serial killing.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
REAL hipsters, the shallow, pseudo intellectual/intellectual wanna bes, are the result of having no real sense of identity or confidence
ENTPs in a nutshell.

Reactions: Unknown

·
Registered
730 Posts
I'm more of a cat. I wear berets, spout free verse freely, wearing my indoor sunglasses, and snap my fingers at open mics when I'm not playing my bongos. I'm no Clyde.

Hipsters... whoa daddy-oh. It isn't hip to be a cube. Could you be any more off the cob? I don't think so maaan.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Hum...I can't decide if "off the cob" is better than someone else's term of "emotional vagina" in another thread....decisions.....

·
Registered
730 Posts
One has to wonder if you are influenced by male approval of anything vagina related though. I may require empirical evidence to support your assertion.
I like vaginas and corn, do I have a say?

·
Registered
102 Posts
One has to wonder if you are influenced by male approval of anything vagina related though. I may require empirical evidence to support your assertion.
Your sentence structure needs work, but I will attempt to make sense of it. Most hipsters I know cry openly when someone critiques the micro-brew they are sipping on.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts