Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you're attracted to someone, what kind of signs do you give off? It's so difficult to figure out.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Speaking for myself and my very very limited/non-existent experience in this field.
If I like you I just make a good effort to try to be around you and make an extra effort to talk to you often.
After, while I will approach the subject and try and find out how you feel towards, I watch the conversation and your actions for any signs (probably too much so). Last time it happened I did end up being the one to approach the subject, I did so subtly a time or two and then did it a clear indirect/direct way to get answer. (I was driving myself mad not being able to figure it out) Nothing, ever became of it tho and it was pretty much my first go at it(ever, really). So, hopefully someone else can be more precise in this matter and share from more experience, as I'm still just figuring it out as I go right now.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
If they're friends that I start to fall for, I usually doubt they're into me so I hide it, deny it. try to make them think I'm NOT into them. Be cool, casual...hope they'll make the first move, cause ain't no way in hell I am!

If I haven't known them for long there's a very good chance I will heavily flirt, eyes, emails words. I'll be pretty blatent. I'm trying VERY hard these days not to be so forward though, as I've discovered it's far more seductive not to. To just watch and be around things and let THEM make the move. Play a little and have fun with it.
Let the tension build...:blushed:

Reactions: PixelBrain

·
Registered
412 Posts
Usually I take the direct approach. More often than not a little confidence goes a long way. Yes, rejection is a risk and is sometimes the result. But as I see it even a missed shot makes a loud bang, and that's always fun.

Of course, if you find yourself attracted to a friend of yours, who you've known for a long time, it's a little more complicated. How exactly can one take that shot without risking losing the friendship that they've known and enjoyed for so long? I don't have a quick answer to that, but I think that to hide your true feelings about someone isn't how friends should behave toward each other. When caught in that situation I usually have to make a conscious decision to either take that next step and risk losing it all, or abandon whatever feelings I had for her.

Pardon me for rambling, but I hope that helps.

·
Registered
397 Posts
most career strike outs: reggie jackson

it depends on the situation. if i'm out and about i'm pretty direct.
the other day i told a waitress "i'm not trying to pick you up and i don't want another drink; i just want you to know that i think you are the most beautiful woman here".

i'm a flirt and for the most part its harmless and its great fun. if i'm at work or in familiar company i tend to use word play to indicate interest. (look up albur) usually in a playful manor though.
i make it pretty clear i'm interested but only in a manor that she can pick up. i think thats called plausible deniability. for example the other day a friend of mine asked if i was going to happy hour with everybody. i replied "only if you try and take advantage of me" then laughed like it was a joke. so if she was interested she would take it as an advance, if she was not and calls me on it i can tell her i was just joking around.

in this case i really was just joking around but i do that to keep things light at work and to stay sharp as it were.

Reactions: Yoda

·
Registered
39 Posts
When I'm interested, I'll spark up as much conversation as possible with that person. I always tend to stay calm, collective and reserved so that I don't give off even the slightest hint that I'm interested. After that it's time for me to wait until he makes his move or shows me that he's interested...

...that's when I eat him alive. :tongue:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Usually I take the direct approach. More often than not a little confidence goes a long way. Yes, rejection is a risk and is sometimes the result. But as I see it even a missed shot makes a loud bang, and that's always fun.

Of course, if you find yourself attracted to a friend of yours, who you've known for a long time, it's a little more complicated. How exactly can one take that shot without risking losing the friendship that they've known and enjoyed for so long? I don't have a quick answer to that, but I think that to hide your true feelings about someone isn't how friends should behave toward each other. When caught in that situation I usually have to make a conscious decision to either take that next step and risk losing it all, or abandon whatever feelings I had for her.

Pardon me for rambling, but I hope that helps.

What he said.

When it comes to friends, I ask myself, "Could I see myself not being friends with this person in a year or two?" If I answer yes, then I proceed. If I answer no, then I refrain.

There are so many girls out there that it's pointless to waste a good friendship. I'm aware that there is a possibility that the person may be "the one," but you're looking at slim odds.

Around 90% of the relationships you enter will end. Of the 10% that don't, only 50% of those relationships don't end in divorce.

So if you want to date your friend, you have a 5% chance of really ending up with the person in the end.

FYI: Those aren't good odds.

·
Registered
513 Posts
they're always quiet boys, and i'll crack stupid jokes when they're around. i'll talk directly to them when the climate is up to it. like once it's obvious that i'm more neurotic than they could be, and they feel more comfortable.
the words "dating", "relationship", "in a", make it so boring. formality is boring. let's not give it a name. i never go for that. and like Lx3 said, i'm usually considering the friendship.

·
Banned
326 Posts
I will only engage her if I can see her attraction of me. One time, I left a party, strategically planned my next move, came back, carried out the objective.

On a different note, a lot of guys are really dense when it comes to women. I've known some to call a girl 38 times in 13 minutes and wonder why she has changed her locks and obtained a restraining order. I'm not dense. I can see if it's green light or not within that first few moments. It's easy enough to decipher. Then there is the whole seeing possibilities into the future with her thing that happens that says to me hey this is green light. Sometimes it fails but who cares. SNL usually has a good line up and there is other stuff to do.

I'm either INTJ, INTP, ENTP. So I have a right to be here!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Around 90% of the relationships you enter will end. Of the 10% that don't, only 50% of those relationships don't end in divorce.

So if you want to date your friend, you have a 5% chance of really ending up with the person in the end.

FYI: Those aren't good odds.
That would dictate that everyone has 20 relationships in their lifetime, one of which is your lifelong soulmate. Unless you're figuring in polygamy... in which case, that's some pretty sexymaths.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I go up wing it look stupid then they laugh. Works every time. :laughing:
Thats how i got every girl friend i had.

·
Banned
8,597 Posts
I try to be pretty direct. I'll shoot glances at the person and try to strike up a conversation. If she sends clear signals she's interested, I'll continue chatting it up with her. If it's clear she's not interested (shows a wedding ring, says she's with her boyfriend, says she's gay lol) I'll usually back off on pursuing and just make small talk. Works ok for me.

·
Registered
184 Posts
hm....i start off a conversation. when i think she's interesting, i start talking about music or something. problem is to find the perfect moment to ask her to take a walk and maybe kiss her, before you tell too much about yourself and loose the enigma-advantage.
when she's a friend, someone i know for some time i tend to heat up the conversation with emotion, not necesserily mine and then, when she's helpless, kiss her. works sometimes, can get really fucked up, but that's the risk you take. if i really love her... i tend to plan the situation out a long time before approaching her.

·
Registered
94 Posts
There's this one ENTP that might like me, but I really have no idea. She's starting to act weird and shy around me, but I dunno maybe that's just the way she is?
She's adorable. I don't really know what to do, I don't want to freak her out or anything.

·
Registered
539 Posts
There's this one ENTP that might like me, but I really have no idea. She's starting to act weird and shy around me, but I dunno maybe that's just the way she is?
She's adorable. I don't really know what to do, I don't want to freak her out or anything.
Show her something interesting, and get her talking about it. Anything visual will do. If you have an idea of what she's into even better. Like if it's in school 'Can you help me with this math problem?'. If she likes you she'll agree to try even if she doesn't know how, f'rinstance. Girls who like you only need an excuse to spend time with you. Then spend time alone with you. Then do things alone with you. Give them, and your social observers a plausible excuse, and take it from there.

Reactions: ionias

·
Registered
94 Posts
huzzah! She seems to be warming up to me. I guess it just took some time, but yea I was asking her for a lot of help on my labs (not too much though) :cool:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts