Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
haha, knew that would make you look :crazy:

Why do ENTP's fancy thinking of themselves as other ENTP's?
I've noticed many of you have other ENTP's as your profile pic.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
That's a good question. I think many ENTPs tend to regard themselves as highly unique and, as such, find it difficult to find role models in their everyday lives. When, then, they see a particularly cool fellow ENTP in the media somewhere, it's a great feeling; at last, someone to idolize - "someone like me!"

Erm...well...that's my guess, anyway. I don't really know, to be honest.

·
Banned
8,597 Posts
Yeah, who knows.

·
Registered
539 Posts
haha, knew that would make you look :crazy:
Fiendish, truly. *snaps finger in defeat*

Um. As to the question.

I-don't-know-what-you're-talking-about.

*whistles*

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
My avatar is an intj.:tongue:

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
I seem to always like INTJ or ENTP characters/people.

For example:

Jane - The Mentalist - ENTP
Dr. lightman - Lie to Me - ENTP
Dr. House - House - INTJ
Sasuke - Naruto - INTJ
The Joker - Batman - ENTP
Tony Stark - Iron Man - ENTP
Itachi - Naruto - INTJ
Jamie - Mythbusters - INTJ
Adam - Mythbusters - ENTP

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Why do ENTP's fancy thinking of themselves as other ENTP's?
I've noticed many of you have other ENTP's as your profile pic.
I certainly don't. That said, I like representing myself accurately online since people can't see me. I'm very much an ENTP paradox. If that was me in my avatar, I'd probably be reading a murder story with people getting their eyes gauged out or something. Then you'd be beginning to get a proper idea of me.

But I think the reason we like the symbol of another ENTP is because we like ourselves. And it's really cool if ourselves are portrayed properly in the media, and idolized by many.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Mine is of an ISTJ (Sam Sheepdog) and ENTP (Wil.E.Coyote), otherwise me and my best friend. :laughing:

Not really, I just happened to be watching the looney tunes, and decided to get creative and decorate my PerC profile.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Insert conjecture here:

One possible reason........

Since ENTP's tend to draw parallels between things, when trying to explain a new concept it is more natural to draw a parallel between something already in existence and accepted by others. A widely accepted concept of what an ENTP is like works in this capacity. Once that is found, taking the existing concept and relating it to the specific ENTP posters online persona is much more efficient as acceptance and judgement has already been pre-established by the context of the original perception.

In this way a "recognized" avatar from an identity standpoint can be used as a baseline staring point or template to better facilitate and create a pre-accepted, pre-judged yet new personal context of the specific ENTP's online identity in an efficient manner. Others may quickly relate too and understand the new identity through the use of these generalized common templates and then add to and build on the identity perception through further interaction with the persona.

Simply put, it visually helps shortcut the acceptance, judging and categorizing process of people. This reduces risk and simultaneously makes us more tangible for those that have a hard time understanding and accepting us for what we truly are. *cough most of humanity*

Or something like that.... :tongue:

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Presumably it's simply because one's avatar should be a representation of oneself on an internet site, as there are no other visual cues, and since this one has to do with personality.......

That was a boring answer. It didn't actually occur to me that Feathers McGraw is an ENTP, but now you come to mention it, I reckon he is.

·
Registered
359 Posts
my avatar is me...so i'm not sure what to say...and if i didn't post a pic of me...i'd likely put some picture of a tree or something of that nature...didn't answer your question at all..how's that...lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts