Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 343 Posts

·
Banned
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any of you ENTPs have had the pleasure of dating/marrying an INFJ. and your experiences, I'm sure this post has seen the light of day MANY MANY times, but I was just curious.

I've been in a relationship with an INFJ for about 5 months now, and I've never been happier in my life. We do have our issues, I mean, He family is pretty much the strictest most conservative family I've ever seen (Borderline Amish, and I'm serious...). Which makes things really difficult because i'm kind of a free spirit so to speak.

Back on what I asked in the first paragraph, I'm really curious about sexual relations and stuff like that. This is the healthiest sex life I've had with a woman, and I was curious if that was an INFJ/ENTP thing.... Sex with her... is magical, to say the least. And she is a lot more attractive than my previous girlfriends, but I've never been someone who is just into that sort of thing, so, I was wondering if any ENTPs just go nuts around INFJs and vice-versa? My sex drive has always been rather high and crazy, but around her. Idk, and her sex drive matches mine as well.

Another thing is that I've never been much on emotions, not a very emotional person, but ever since I've been dating her, I've been getting very emotional... On a few occasions even tearing up. And she hurts me sometimes unintentionally, but when I do, I become very... Idk... I wrote her a email one time and the text and grammar became broken up and almost unintelligible which isn't like me.

Is this normal? Or am I just being a emotional fruit cake? Thoughts?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Most healthy ENTP-INFJ relationships are dynamic. From an outside perspective, each type covers the other type's blind spots. Sadly, I have not been in a relationship with an ENTP, but I hear it's absolutely fantastic. And from friendships I've had with multiple ENTPs, I can see why it works so well. There's just something magnetic about an ENxP-INxJ duo.

@PistolShrimp, if I remember correctly, is in a relationship with an ENTP. Perhaps she can shed some first-person light on this.

Oh, and as for your out-of-character emotional outbursts, I think INFJs have a way of -- for lack of a better word -- unlocking the squishy, warm center of ENTPs. As far as I know, this is not based in personality theory; rather, it's just some speculatory musings of mine. Take it with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Now, if only I could find an INFJ man ~ ;u;

There's a couple of people in my life who I think are INFJ, but is it just me or are they kind of tough to type? I'd really like to identify a couple for certain and decide for myself how compatible we'd be theoretically. But they're supposed to be one of the rarest types (if not the rarest?), especially the men, which makes it even more difficult for us ENTP ladies to get our paws on one and reply to threads like this.

One thing I can say for sure is, I would love to date an INFJ one day. They way ENTPs and INFJs talk about their relationships together make it sound kind of incredible. There have been quite a few threads about it - here and in the INFJ forums - and the ENTPs are all saying the same thing. If you are becoming an 'emotional fruit cake', it's perfectly normal ;P

(For the record, JUST IN CASE ANYONE I KNOW FINDS MY ACCOUNT HERE, I'm in a happy relationship with an ENTx, who I love a lot.)

·
Registered
290 Posts
@PistolShrimp , if I remember correctly, is in a relationship with an ENTP. Perhaps she can shed some first-person light on this.

Oh, and as for your out-of-character emotional outbursts, I think INFJs have a way of -- for lack of a better word -- unlocking the squishy, warm center of ENTPs. As far as I know, this is not based in personality theory; rather, it's just some speculatory musings of mine. Take it with a grain of salt.
Yup that's me who's always blabbering about her ENTP boyfriend! :laughing:

You're spot-on about unlocking the "warm center" of the ENTP; I just act like myself and he gets crazy-affectionate and basically gushes. I thought he was a feeler before I had him take the test.

Anyhoo, I've been dating my boyfriend for five months too and it's great so far. Sex is decent but too infrequent due to the fact that we live approx. 45 minutes away from each other; I'm sure it will be awesome with more experience together. His sex drive also matches my high drive, and he's very umm...imaginative in bed which is fun to experience after a fairly vanilla INFJ-INFJ relationship.

He's kind of an ass at times but a total sweetheart otherwise, and he makes me laugh like no one else can. Not sure if this combo is as mystical as people make it out to be, but I can see why it works very well. The shared Ti and Fe make communication easy and help us stay on the same page, while the Ni and Ne play off of each other and mesh wonderfully together. The straightforward and honest communication is stellar; both of us love that we can just be our authentic selves together.

·
Banned
180 Posts
I HAVEN 't met an infj male but I have met a lot of infj females and they are always attracted to me it's realy easy for me to build a friendship with them without really trying and one of them is my infj aunt , she rarely talks or start a conversation with anybody , but when we are in her room or sitting next to each other she ( nearly always ) start the conversation and that's what makes my esfj cousin sooo jealous , she is always trying when her approval in any stupid way which is realyyyyy annoying, and when i tell her to stop this annoying things she accuse me of being jealous but these days she started to calm down which is better .

·
Registered
82 Posts
xNFJ-ENTP is a great match, I've dated a few of them, one INFJ relationship went bad though because I'd leave work Friday and head to happy hour, and she'd call and text me the whole time asking me to come over to watch some lame movie - the E/I divide was too wide in that case

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I'm currently dating an INFJ right now, actually. Not much to comment on except that it's going pretty good so far even though it's been only a few weeks.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I've met one INFJ man and there was ZERO attraction for either of us :/

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Most healthy ENTP-INFJ I think INFJs have a way of -- for lack of a better word -- unlocking the squishy, warm center of ENTPs. As far as I know, this is not based in personality theory; rather, it's just some speculatory musings of mine. Take it with a grain of salt.
If I want to express emotions and at the same time feel good about it; that means someone did something right.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I can't really say a lot, I'm about a month or so in to a relationship with an INFJ, but it's going very well so far. She's very reciprocates my feelings and thoughts rather well, but not to the point I feel like I'm dating myself (which, don't get me wrong, I imagine would be the best thing ever).

·
Registered
117 Posts
How was he (I'm assuming it's a he?) immature? You guys' relationship didn't last long then? Now you can't write off every INFJ! It feels bad to be categorized. ;[
Would you even want to socialize with someone who's so quick to close their mind anyways? I wouldn't. Seems like said INFJ isn't the only immature one.

Anyways all you ENTP ladies complaining about how hard it is to find an INFJ guy must not have looked on any dating/social sites yet. Social homebodies with strong desire for a relationship? Hello!!

1 - 20 of 343 Posts