Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been having a lot of trouble typing myself. I'm not sure if I'm an INTP, INFP, or an ENTP.

Here's the problem. I'm positive about my N and P preferences, but lately I've been more E than I and more T than F. When I read the profile of an ENTP, it reminds me of who I was in High School. Very outward thinking, didn't self-analyze. After I graduated HS, I started to look inside to see if I could find something else other than what I was seeing outside. I would lock myself in my room and I would read books or just sit onm the computer and on the internet for hours talking to other people.

As for my T/F preferences, I thinking and decide things logically, but at the same time, my feelings do tend to get in the way. I have a problem expressing my emotions because I either can't say them out loud or I don't have them at all. I don't relate to people or sympathize with them because I think anyone can get over anything. At the same time, I'm filled up with emotions and sometimes make decisions based on how I feel. I'm not sure which one is more me. I will say things like "OH snap. I almost stepped on that bug. Poor little guy, almost killed him." but then turn around and say "Well I'm not going to sit around for a pity party. They just need to get over it and realize that it's not realistic to act like that or feel like that." I see situations from everyone's point of view, and then I pick which one would make the most sense. I tend to tell a lot of people about my problems, while at the same time, figure out the solutions to them.

I like to go out to social events with my friends. I do like the club, or going to dinners and being busy busy. I used to read books a lot but not so much anymore. I spend a little time with myself. If I'm home alone now, I feel like I need to be doing something with other people. I do get bored when by myself, but at the same time, I do need my space to just vegetate. I self analyze consistantly, I theorize a lot, but love to share my ideas with someone. I always need to. I used to be able to go shopping by myself or go to the library or bookstore alone, but I feel like I'd rather be with someone else instead. My entire family is introverted, though my sister seems to be more of an extrovert now. My mother seemed to be one before she married my introverted dad. She loves to go out to events and things, but no longer does.

They say that INFPs don't like conflict. In this case, I don't either, but I do like to argue or discuss things if the other party doesn't get offended by anything. The only reason I don't do it often is because I think it's wise of me not to argue with someone. I can control my emotions and not get offended, but I feel like others will.

Point being, I just want to know if I'm more of a T or F or I or E...

And which one I sound the most like. Yeah, anyway, Help please! Idk which one I am. What do I sound like to you?

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Why not ENFP? ENFP sounds like a possibility...
Have you studied cognitive functions at all?

Reactions: vel

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
I'll second reading up on cognitive functions. INTPs, INFPs, and ENTPs all have different dominant cognitive function.
I usually refer people to this website: http://greenlightwiki.com/lenore-exegesis/Function_Attitude
But it looks like it is not up right now (was yesterday). You can just google for this information. ENTPs are dominant in extraverted intuition, INTPs in introverted thinking, INFPs in introverted feeling. Usually when people read in detail about cognitive functions they can identify with ones they use the most. From there it becomes easy to confirm your type rather than by measuring how much time you spend at parties or how much thinking vs feeling goes into your decisions.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah i would say ENFP too.

ENFP's are said to be the most introverted of the extroverts.

Also it comes down to whether or not you think you verbally express you thought or feelings more?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts