• ENTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

As I said in my introduction, I've taken multiple MBTI tests, and the results that came out the most were ISTP and INTP, but once, I had ENTP. Also, when I thought of this (once again under the shower, as usual), I thought I could possibly be extraverted, but I'm more likely to be introverted.
I don't know whether I'm more N than S, or E than I. All have Fe function in third or inferior. I know my Fe is poorly developed because I have no clue how to use it. I know my Ti must be my dominant or second since I'm a thinking person.
I'm sorry if I say things in a way you don't understand, but when I try to say something, it always sounds better in my head, but when I want to get my words out, they come in a terrible mess. xD

Here are some things that can help you, you can ask me more if you're not sure of what I say or you just want more precision :

- I'm not a people person. I don't care much about them, except two close friends, my family and the one I love. Except these people, when I come home, the others exist no more. They could die, I wouldn't even feel bad, I think... But if the ones I care about were to disappear, I'm not sure if I would be devastated or I would lose my capacity to feel something forever. I would obviously be deeply hurt.

-Emotions is a language I don't speak. I never know how to react in emotional situations, I never know how to handle feelings. I try to retain them until something stresses me too much, which makes me have an emotional breakdown (not very often, but my emotions are extremely strong since I can't deal with them, so they grow bigger and bigger until it's too much).
When I was more or less 10 years old, we had family problems, my mother was crying and I couldn't prevent myself from yelling at her, telling her bad things ("you're such weak", "crying is for the pitiful weaklings", "cry, it will make me happier" or things like that... I was damn obnoxious at this time, but I remember crying myself when I was all alone) as if I wanted her to feel worse, even if it wasn't really what I meant, but I guess I just wanted to vent these damn emotions and I had no other option than being mean at my mom. I apologized later, but when someone cries and/or gets emotional, I just can't help going away because I'm scared to "snap" again if you see what I mean. Not in an emotional way, but I get angry and just make them feel worse, and I just don't want to do this again. My friends and my family know that and let me do it. But once their emotions have calmed down, I come back.

- I would like to trust my gut, but I'm scared to do something wrong, or that my brain takes over my intuition. I try not to trust it, but sometimes I have to. But I'm always afraid to make bad mistakes with it and losing something forever. (not necessarily someone) For example, when we're in class and the teacher asks a question, I always think before I raise my hand. My instinct knows the answer, but I'm scared to say something wrong so I lower it and someone else says what I thought, then a "Damn it!" thought pops up in my head.

- Lots of things can stress me. I'm hypochondriac and emetophobic, so I'm deadly scared of being ill and/or throwing up. I always dread vacation and weekends because nothing can distract me from my fear. My brain often messes up and makes me feel fake symptoms which make me more and more scared, even if deep inside, I know I'm not sick. I always think something is wrong in my body and after every meal, I'm feared that my stomach won't bear it, or something will go wrong and I'll throw up. But I actually didn't since 6 or 7 years. And the last time I had fever was 5 years ago. I have a strong health, but I'm damn scared about it.

- Crowds stresses me a lot too. I hate when I have to talk to more than 3 people at a time. I prefer small group conversations. When I have to talk in front of the class for presentation or other school works, I feel so stressed that I stiff up. Anxiety doesn't seem to be visible on my face, but I just want the time to speed up so I'll go back to my seat and think about my own things again.

- I hate when things don't make sense. I always seek for logic and sense and I spot easily logical flaws in things. When something doesn't have any logic, it annoys me a lot. I think logically, regardless of what the other think, and when it comes to decisions, even if it doesn't please everyone, I take the option that makes more sense.

- Feeling controlled is one of my biggest pet peeves. When I can't do things in my own way, I feel trapped and I instinctively try to escape, at least mentally, and it can become a real problem. I don't understand methods, for instance. I never thought they made sense, so I almost never follow them and do my own thing, but it affects my grades. Not having control of the situation makes me feel deadly stressed too. In situations like this, I can have an emotional breakdown.

Tell me what you think. Am I more INTP, ISTP or ENTP ? Or do you want more precisions that could reveal my functions ?
Ah, and if it has influence on MBTI, my Enneagram is 5w6 sp/sx/so.

(and sorry if my English is somewhat wobbly at times, it's not my first language)

Reactions: Simpson17866

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Living dead Thanks a lot. :)

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
The fact that I'm sometimes more into symbols, abstract thinkings, but I prefer practical to theoretical things. But I'm really into odd things, esoterism, mysticism, and I always create various things in my head.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I yearn for lots of travels so I could discover and see places I really wanted to see since I'm little, and I yearn for tranquility, like living somewhere in the mountains so no one could bug me and I could live my life without feeling constantly drained.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
It was during a summer night, one or two years ago, I was at home and my mother was sleeping, I was behind my computer, and there was no noise. I just felt so... calm. I was writing a story and nothing was distracting me. I really love when no one's around so I can do my things.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
I feel like people want to push me. I've been bullied for my 4 years of middle school and I still have terrible scars that won't go away. These things can destroy someone forever. I always fear that I'll have things thrown at me again, that I'll be looked upon with hate, that there will be rumors about me, that people will make the one I love my enemy by saying bad things about me to her and make her believe this...
My past makes me feel inferior. If I could, I would erase it and be more relaxed. I'm always scared inside.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I weigh the pros and cons, and I try to take the most logical option. Even if it's not pleasing to everyone, including me, I prefer that things make sense. I even lost "friends" because of this. They were too attached to their own pleasure and not to reality and sense.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I usually start lots of project, but 99% will remain unfinished. When it comes to school projects, teachers often say that I'm too "vague". I like to have control, but it's often too much responsibility, and it's not in my nature to take responsibilities. I'm often the one who does nothing and I warn the ones who work with me that I'm not the one they can rely on because I'll be either too lazy or preoccupied by something else.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I was at a close friend's home, there was her sister and we watched dumb videos on the Internet, then thought about various things and ended up laughing to death... It had released all the emotions I had left behind. That was damn good.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I'm more prone to make my memory work. I have good memory for the things I like. It feels more natural to read, if I can, again and again until it's engraved in my memory.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
I'm dead messy. But I always keep things clean, so my desk isn't dirty, even with being very messy. It's not a desk, it's literally Kathmandu after the earthquake.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I do both, but I first try to understand how it works so I can see if it makes sense, then I search some information.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I prefer to think about myself than the others, really. Harmony, for me, is found when I'm being myself and not controlled by someone else.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I always think before I speak. I'm not the type of person who thinks out loud. I'm more comfortable with one-on-one conversations because I can fully focus on my speaker, group conversations make me confused and uncomfortable.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I prefer to know where I'm jumping before leaping. I don't want to put myself in a too "serious" situation because it already happened and I don't want it to happen again. I got damn stressed... I don't want this !
And yes, action speaks more than words, that's why I'm more into non-verbal language than into words.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I tell them I prefer to stay at home. I would rather stay before my favourite show than go out.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I get emotional breakdowns. If there is really too much stress, I start to shiver violently, I get cold sweats, I get nauseous, my heart starts to beat faster, my joints and bones begin to hurt at any movement I move, and I end up crying for less than a minute most of the time. I don't know if these "crises" are mild anxiety attacks, but they could be. But when I break down, I cry, I even hurt myself sometimes, I get angry, and I say things that I regret later.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
The fact that they can't stop talking, when they can't seem to understand that I need personal space and time for myself, when they're too clingy, when they try to make me change or act like 3-year-olds when I don't do what they want. Also, I hate when they're constantly talking shit about others. Do they really need to gossip ?

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I like when other people are understanding and letting me do my own thing, and accept when I want to be alone for some time. I also love when they're tolerant with opinions.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

I don't really pay attention to politics, I prefer not to know what happens here. I don't care about celebrities and actors either. I prefer to focus on my things and my life.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
They always perceive me as very mature and clever, but somewhat avoidant. I'm not avoidant, I just need time for myself and I don't easily fully trust people. I'm feared of betrayal. But they would never say I'm very sociable, for example. I rarely use my cellphone compared to the average 15-year-old, and sometimes I even forget about its existence.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Drawing, writing, crafting.... And maybe going out and walking alone in the countryside. But I'll never call anyone. I'll just enjoy my time being by myself.

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
A lot of what you are wrote is not type related but lots and lots of anxiety issues.

ISTP. I don't see Ne, you seem to be into "clarity" that Se-s like.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Definitely I-TP.

S/N: Would you rather understand how a motorcycle works (which, as a complete side note, would allow you to be able to fix it) or would you rather be able to fix a motorcycle (which, as a complete side note, would require understanding it first)?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Definitely I-TP.

S/N: Would you rather understand how a motorcycle works (which, as a complete side note, would allow you to be able to fix it) or would you rather be able to fix a motorcycle (which, as a complete side note, would require understanding it first)?
I would rather understand how it works, then fix it.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
ISTP. I don't see Ne, you seem to be into "clarity" that Se-s like.
I see Si values. E.G. Tranquillity is not a Se interest. Se types like action.

How is that related to S/N? This seems like a ridiculous question to me.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
I see Si values. E.G. Tranquillity is not a Se interest.
Sounds more enneagram related than a type. And then what is tranquility? The OP has mental health issues (phobias in the original post, seems like panic attack and anxiety too). When my anxiety was at its worst I'd value "tranquility" too.

Not the definite way of course but it implies that you interested in theory more than application. Personally I'd rather know how to fix bike because I already have tons of useless knowledge and being able to actually fix bikes would increase my awesomeness tenfold. I can see myself being all cool, tanned, with a stargate tattoo, nice muscles, waving my spanner around and fixing bikes in a desert car shop. Not that I'd ever ride one. Single-track vehicles are unnatrual and evil, and I still can't ride a bicycle. Fuck those things, vehicles need to have proper center of gravity.

I'll try for easy stuff. @Jagdpanther
Do you relate to

or

Also this is different tertiary functions for ISTP and INTP. The problem here is that you have a health-related phobias which can be associated with Si however I refuse to believe that only Si users can get those or any mental problems are exclusive to one Jungian type and no another. Thus, they should not be considered into a natural type of a person.

Anyway, here:

The area of self-esteem of these types is the "wholeness" of the internal situation, internal harmony, ideological consistency and consistency of principles, internal tranquility. In order to protect this point, they usually just need a little break away from the people on this issue to resolve the inner conflicts, so they almost always cope successfully with this task. From the side, they always seem to be very consistent and principled people. They always think, do and say the same things, that is, they never contradict themselves and expect the same out of others. Sometimes, for this reason, they are considered to be "too right". They are receptive to information only when it bears no risk of destroying this inner balance, which sometimes makes them very stubborn. Will never strike a deal with his principles. Usually makes an impression of a restrained, polite, closed off, hidden, consistent person. Positive self-esteem is ensured by his ideals that may correlate poorly with the surrounding reality, which may cause neglect of what which is real. Effective in achieving specific goals, but accomplish this by breaking straight though, stopping at nothing, ignoring the outside world and external opinions. Feel good when this is reinforced by their situation: for example, position or occupation which underlines the legitimacy of such actions and means and grants them protection from the viewpoint of society. For example: "I am a soldier just doing my duty for the motherland" is to be understood as: "this grants legitimacy to my actions ". Often preach idealistic principles, stressing priority of ideas and principles over reality. Knows how to lead people, as he wants to believe that he's not lying but truly believes in his ideals. Finds that it's important to preserve internal "wholeness", thus he needs to feel monolithic correctness of their actions in terms of consistency, devotion to principle. Where the situation is too ambiguous, he will try to resolve it through simplification. In principle and consistency - "good", not in principle and consistency - "bad." Do not like those who sow contradictions and doubts. Even if he does something wrong, it's much more comfortable for him to never know about it, thus his self-esteem will be protected, so often will simply ignore it. For example, he may think that such people want to hurt him so their opinion does not matter. In general, anything that might disturb his inner ideational "wholeness" is not taken into account. "I may lose, but I will remain true to myself." Very often it is more important to them.

vs.

Many of the concerns of people center around issues of health, usefulness / harmfulness, reliability, and this is usually evident. They are often like walking medical guides - know what should be taken and when in the event of sickness. These questions serve as the foundation of their self-esteem, so in these matters they are not afraid to go too far: winter swimming, training, jogging in the morning, drinking specialized products for promotions of health. Often attracted to alternative medicine. Anything that can improve their health holds their interest. They are very weary of the slightest dangers to their physical well-being: when it's cold - they are the first to notice the need to dress warmer. May ask to reduce speed when someone is driving too fast. Any threats to their well-being are unacceptable - even if one screw comes loose they see it as a potential threat to their lives and refuse to move in a way. Always check machinery and equipment for the most trifling reasons. Never confide "packing their parachute" to someone else. If they have any health problems, for them this is a serious blow to self-esteem. In active defense of this function will seek to prove their physical soundness, to be the first to undertake physical hardships (say, the first to carry heavy furniture during community gatherings). In passive defense will say: "Yes, I am old and sick." All that can be used to confirm their physical soundness, will be given priority. So they like to exercise as a way to prove that they are still capable. The most terrible punishment for them is to lay helplessly ill in bed in the presence of other people. They like to be confident in the medical plan of the organization for which they are working. They often become hostages of the word "beneficial" especially if it relates to health. Usually demonstrate a lot of care about social security, debt to the people by the government. They fear of getting into a situation where there is no one around to give a glass of water. To convince themselves that their health is ok, for them it is desirable to periodically somehow "feel" their body strength: hiking, rock climbing, marathons, triathlon, etc. If the test is passed, then their physical well-being is considered to be fine.

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
That answer can be read also as "Of course I need to understand how thing works before trying to fix it, you dummy".
Fair enough. 137 IQ and I somehow always get "then" and "than" mixed up :crying:
@Jagdpanther , would you say that you identify more as a "both" than as a one-or-the-other?

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
Fair enough. 137 IQ and I somehow always get "then" and "than" mixed up :crying:
@Jagdpanther , would you say that you identify more as a "both" than as a one-or-the-other?
a). I didn't notice.
b). I'd rather know what's her motivation behind fixing bikes at all would be. In details. @Jagdpanther talk to me about maintenance of vehicles.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Ss care more about tangible knowledge, Ns care more about theoretical.

INTP, then.
I find your reasoning very poor. ISTPs are quite happy with pure theory. That's what Ti does. Te is more likely to reject pure theory in favour of an objective use.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
@Simpson17866 I mean that I would first try to understand how it works, then fix it. I can't do one-or-the-other since I would do both things in a different order.
@Greyhart I would fix bikes if they were broken or had a failure somewhere... that wouldn't make sense to fix them when they don't have anything that is not or badly working.

EDIT : Oh, damn, didn't see the posts on first page. ;') Going to reply to them. I'll watch the videos so it may take some time. If nothing has been posted, I'll edit this post again.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I voted Istp, the 'others could die' thing seemed more like something an Istp would say (Correct me if i'm wrong about this.), and the whole thing in general reminded me more of xstp than xntp from what i've seen of these types so far. I'm no expert though. :)

Reading your most recent post (the one below) you actually seem more like xNTP (Intp).

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Now that I've watched the videos I'm going to reply.
@Greyhart : I identify in both videos, however, I'm not that much into action, I'm always feared to make a bad step and lose everything, so I guess I'm too "careful" for being fully Se (I'm stereotyping, but I guess you see what I mean.) (Ah, explains my 6 wing too.)
It can't be possible to have both Se and Si as conscious functions... Or else my brain is messed up.

(And yes, for fixing bikes, if I were to do it one day, I wouldn't ride them. I will NEVER ride a damn bike again. I agree with Grey, these things need a proper center of gravity.)

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
I thought I saw Si but I guess wanting peace and comfort isn't that MBTI related
You don't seem INTP so I'd also say ISTP

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
Now that I've watched the videos I'm going to reply.
@Greyhart : I identify in both videos, however, I'm not that much into action, I'm always feared to make a bad step and lose everything, so I guess I'm too "careful" for being fully Se (I'm stereotyping, but I guess you see what I mean.) (Ah, explains my 6 wing too.)
It can't be possible to have both Se and Si as conscious functions... Or else my brain is messed up.

(And yes, for fixing bikes, if I were to do it one day, I wouldn't ride them. I will NEVER ride a damn bike again. I agree with Grey, these things need a proper center of gravity.)
The thingy here is that you gotta get anxiety issues separated from normal impulses. It's hard, I know. :\ As for Se I know that Se descriptions make it seem like it's about sports and punching people in the face. It's a perceiving function, sorta like glasses you wear. Not so much as your "muscle drive". I'm afraid I don't have good post that described Se as the second function (since in the second it's a bit different than in dominant/first position) but here's about ESxP's and perception of reality (look a bit in the middle of it). I would describe Se as a clear hyper-focus lens. At least this is how I understand it. I recently wrote about Ne as dominant (ENxPs) from my experience and here's about Ne but dominant too. :| Why don't I have Ne and Se as aux posts? Ugh.

As for identifying with Se and Si, we all use all 8 functions. The type is decided by "default" 4 that you use in just your normal everyday life.

@Greyhart I would fix bikes if they were broken or had a failure somewhere... that wouldn't make sense to fix them when they don't have anything that is not or badly working.
Heh, but that's pretty straightforward clear answer ;)

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Here's some basic stuff to know about MBTI that helped me understand my own type: (Please, feel free to correct me)

• MBTI should be taken with a grain of salt. Always. It's considered by many to be a pseudoscience, but it can be used as a guide to developing yourself as a person.

• The I/E in your type determines your dominant function. It is not always a telling of whether you like people or not. (It can be an indicator, though.)

• The P/J in your type determines which cognitive function (N/S T/F) is I/E. It helps to think that J points towards the extraverted function. (Ps are generally considered more flexible and/or spontaneous, and Js more traditional and conforming. It is not always true.)

• You have all eight functions. Your type determines your two most dominant functions, the other six fall into place from most used to inferior.
As an IxTP. You are Ti dom.
A Ti dom user values logical consistency. Some ti-users find themselves debating with friends to find truth or losing friends because of impersonal criticism. It is good to find a time and place when your logical-ness is necessary.

Now to the question: "Is my secondary function Se or Ne?"

An Ne user is a game of twenty questions. Here's an object. They ask millions of questions to create theories. They use their theories to experiment on it and then take the data they found to form ideas and create it's purpose. The object will usually have an open-ended purpose. Or... multiple uses.

An Se user is very similar! Here's an object. They use their senses to examine the object to understand what it is. How does it feel? How does it look? How does it taste? They use the learned aesthetics to determine it's purpose.

An Se user sees value in an object based on it's physical properties. An Ne user sees value in an object based on it's possibilities.

It could be possible that both your Se and Ne are developed! You can just refer to yourself as an IxTP.

I'm no psychologist, but I hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts