Personality Cafe banner
21 - 40 of 468 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Reactions: Jamaia and katemess
1) Age or Age Range?
38 in a few days (otherwise known as "most depressing week ever")

2) City, Country and/or Region?
Ann Arbor, MI, USA

3) Tell us something about your social life?
Due to the fact that I cannot ever commit to planning ahead for any activities, I am the friend who either A). Says that I will join said activity and then at the last minute finds a reason not to go, or B). Insists I can't do a planned activity but at the last minute decide it sounds fun and show up unannounced.

4) Current occupation and/or career aspirations?
Customer Service for a major health insurance company... As far as aspirations, I had intended on having my own photography business, but I suck so bad at the "business" end of it that I gave up. I wanted to be a psychologist but absolutely hate school, so I gave up on that, too.

ENTP Formalities
5) Say something shamelessly cocky about yourself
I am a fantastic photographer.

6) Now something shamefully embarrassing
Last week I was shooting pool (I suck), and I was quite proud when I finally got a ball in. Only problem was that I didn't shoot the ball in the cue ball, I shot it in with the 8 ball. Woopsy.

7) What do you hope to gain with the knowledge you're an ENTP
I always want to know everything, and knowing myself has been a challenge, despite the fact that I spend way too much time on introspection.

8) You know you're an ENTP because...
Because after much deliberation I realized that I am not an INTP (which I kept strongly suspecting). Also because I see so many patterns in this ENTP forum that I can't deny I'm just like you fuckers. The main thing that stuck out was how we all can and will say blunt things or harsh things, but it is always appropriate, and THEN we follow up with a nice comment to make sure the other person realizes we aren't trying to be rude.

So, here you go: My specialty is in regulating research on humans (hence my interest in this forum). I've worked in every facet of academia from sociology to neurology. I hope that is understandable and succinct.
omg @Haldir when I made that crack on the sexuality thread about Khal Drogo not being a "scientist" I swear I hadn't seen this yet. I wasn't cracking on you! Just a funny coincidence.

One time this happened to me on a plane. This dude in the seat next to me was chatting me up, making inane conversation...we were flying over Palm Springs and he said, "look at that, beautiful." meaning how green it was. And I said, "yeah, beautiful if you don't mind draining the Colorado river so people can play golf." He went a little pale, then chuckled. Asked me what I did. I told him. I asked him. He said, "I'm a golf pro." And (thanks Se for not noticing) he actually was.

Maybe I just need to not be so sassy in general. Yeah, good luck with that, me.

1) The age you think I am ; If you're wrong you're too young.
2) The land of fruits beaches castles mountains and guillotines.
3) Restricted by 5)
4) Prototyping a cool thing. It's a litote.

5) I have a long past of pioneering impossible shitz.
6) Once I was wrong.
7) Nothing, it's just collareral... I'm here for the epistemology.
8) I am N>P>T>F>J>S.

Hiya... I'm Scarlet....

(wait for it...)

Basic Questions:
1) Age or Age Range?

ENTP Formalities

1. 32
2. New England (near beach and mountains, best of everything)
3. I dabble in karaoke... :cool:
4. At home with my babies, but hope to resume teaching sometime soon.

5. I'm fairly confident, fairly smart, fairly attractive. Men and other confident women seem to really like me and I like them. Insecure women dislike me and likewise.
6. I cannot make sense of a road map (thank God GPS finally came along). I'm almost 6ft tall and unbelievably clumsy. I cannot dance, but it does not mean that I will not dance. I can sing though (I guess that should have went in #5 - #AntiEstablishment).
7. I like to know how to exploit navigate my relationships. It helps me make sense of myself and others.
8. I took a personality test. WINK!

Basic Questions:
1) Age or Age Range?
1) Old enough to know better, young enough not to give a damn
2) Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
3) My social life is diverse
4) Satellite network support technician (incredibly underemployed)

ENTP Formalities
5) What the hell do I look like, a performing chicken?
6) What the hell do I look like, a performing duck?
7) I'm looking for the secret decoder ring at the bottom of the cereal box
8) ...none of the other types would have me

I didn't do it-nobody saw me-you can't prove anything.

omg @Haldir when I made that crack on the sexuality thread about Khal Drogo not being a "scientist" I swear I hadn't seen this yet. I wasn't cracking on you! Just a funny coincidence.

One time this happened to me on a plane. This dude in the seat next to me was chatting me up, making inane conversation...we were flying over Palm Springs and he said, "look at that, beautiful." meaning how green it was. And I said, "yeah, beautiful if you don't mind draining the Colorado river so people can play golf." He went a little pale, then chuckled. Asked me what I did. I told him. I asked him. He said, "I'm a golf pro." And (thanks Se for not noticing) he actually was.

Maybe I just need to not be so sassy in general. Yeah, good luck with that, me.
You are the person that you are. Experience life. Don't be a dick, and don't be pompous ass. I only said who I am because someone asked.

Thanks for appreciating it though.

Edit: You'd have to say much more than that to actually upset me.

Big data, or more controlled testing? Meh, close enough. Sounds interesting.
Take your pick. Tiny student research to big pharma. I've seen international commercials come out for shit that I've worked on, but I obviously can't discuss any of that. My preference is not to say a thing, but you can't always hide who you are.

Basic Questions:
1) Age or Age Range?

Finland, on an island.

It's uhhm... slow atm.

STAHM for a few more months. I'd really like to pursue psychophysics.

ENTP Formalities
My life has started very auspiciously, I've been gifted more than I even realize.

I'm a devoted underachiever, I'm wasteful and ungrateful. I don't deserve the good in my life.

Some direction, tools, inspiration to live more up to my potential. Validation, too.

Technically I don't know, I may just want to be one. But I've never had as many "Whoa, me too!" reactions to random things people tell they do/think/feel than in this forum.

You can copy & paste this
I quoted cuz it's rude ^^

Basic Questions:
1) Age or Age Range?

France

Capable but terrible at maintaining most friendships although they fortunately tend to last.

Aiming at becoming a webapp developper and automate world domination.

ENTP Formalities
Formalities, no thanks...

I'm my own kind of genius, since I once typed as ENTP.

I have a personality disorder, it's called ENTPD.

SWOT analysis of myself.

I forgot I was :D

Reactions: knucklebunny
1) Age or Age Range? Mid thirties.

2) City, Country and/or Region? Southern Germany.

3) Tell us something about your social life? I like finding myself in situations that would make the average person uncomfortable and turn them into my advantage, read "have a good time." There's no fun without a bit of challenge.

Alternatively, Dr Who marathons will do. Who needs people?

4) Current occupation and/or career aspirations? Self employed by day, howling at the moon by night.

5) Say something shamelessly cocky about yourself Do I have to? I'd rather show up and charm you in person.

6) Now something shamefully embarrassing I have no shame. I was in my late teens when I decided it doesn't serve any purpose and decided I'm done with it.

Oh, here's something: I feel both shame and embarrassment on other people's behalf. I can't watch some movies or series without hiding behind the sofa, sticking my fingers into my ears and going "LA LA LA ARE THEY DONE?" Curb Your Enthusiasm... did not work for me.

7) What do you hope to gain with the knowledge you're an ENTP Vintage women and fast cars? Uh, nothing. Some concepts are fun to play with, that's all.

8) You know you're an ENTP because... I'm a walking bag of contractions, same as most people, but mine seem to be of the ENTP flavour. I'm bit of a dick, but keep that under control or let it out in carefully measured doses because I actually value social harmony. Or I value social harmony, but don't actually care a whole lot about what other people think of me. Curiousity is important. And I most definitely don't have ADHD, I just give off the impression I do.

Age range- I'm pretty young I realized. 14 turning 15 in about a month.

City and country- I live in Minnesota specifically the Twin Cites.

Social life- I have a few close friends, everyone else is plain boring.

Career aspirations- I want to work for myself and not have to worry about an income. I don't want to be confined to a boring routine, I want to be able to do whatever I set my heart to even if I don't finish it. Haha

Say something cocky about yourself?- I am amazing, what more can you ask for?

Say something embarrassing- I face planted before in the middle of class trying to grab my pencil off the floor.

7- I don't know, I just want to be me.

8- I used to think I was INTP because I kept getting tested as one, but it never really fit me. I decided to do some research, and I ended up taking a cognitive function test and got ENTP and INTP.... I then also self typed myself and ENTP was the perfect match. I wouldn't have it any other way. :proud:

Oh, here's something: I feel both shame and embarrassment on other people's behalf. I can't watch some movies or series without hiding behind the sofa, sticking my fingers into my ears and going "LA LA LA ARE THEY DONE?" Curb Your Enthusiasm... did not work for me.

I am like this, too. I constantly say things like, "I'm so embarrassed for him". I wonder how/why this is an ENTP trait?

Hello again xD

Basic Questions:
1) Age or Age Range?
Nearing my 18th birthday
Netherlands, Zeeland
Pretty nonexistent? No ok, I love to go out and see my friends, but they're always holed up in their houses and tell me to 'fuck off'. Can you feel the love?
Linguist

ENTP Formalities
I'm pretty good at everything I try
My life
What is there to gain when I'm already perfect? Lol no ok, I'd like to understand myself better and kind of justify my decisions/actions (not that I regret a lot of things, but others don't like my actions and I want them to know why I did it. So they won't nag at me for it, or less at least.)
I don't, honestly. I'm very torn between ENTP and ENFP, since my Fi/Ti is pretty even.

Discussion starter · #38 · (Edited)
You know your an Entp when you know a billion solutions to every single problem you have yet you cant choose when solution to go with
Well congrats on answering #8, but the community needs to know 1-7 about you. You also need an avatar. Otherwise, you're just another ENTP that said something obvious about all of us.

@Irmalair1689 Thanks for answering. I think you're the youngest, here, but we care more about the content of what you write more than your age. In other words, we won't make fun of your age, unless you say something stupid :tongue:

@RoeDuif there's several more too. @AceTrainerGreen is 16-17, I believe.

Also, look into Enneagram. As a 3w4, you might tend to care about certain aspects that make you unique. That is not the same as Fi. Fi is a judgment system that decides logic is not as important as how you, specifically, feel about something. Ti rejects this instead believing personal decisions should be made according to what you, specifically, think is most logical.

Discussion starter · #40 ·
Reactions: Jamaia and pjmohr33
21 - 40 of 468 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.