Personality Cafe banner

421 - 440 of 468 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Basic Questions:
1) Age or Age Range?

2) City, Country and/or Region?
The wild west - we have more cows than people in my state.

3) Tell us something about your social life?
I love dancing all night in a club to EDM and I also love a dinner with 5 friends around a cozy table where at least 3 if not 5 languages are being spoken all at once.

4) Current occupation and/or career aspirations?
I teach at a university, see patients at a community clinic, and do international health research in developing countries.

ENTP Formalities
5) Say something shamelessly cocky about yourself
I am usually the smartest person in the room, but am very excited when that isn't the case.

6) Now something shamefully embarrassing
I once told a friend she shouldn't marry our other friends then had to stand as the bridesmaid at their wedding.

7) What do you hope to gain with the knowledge you're an ENTP
I want to be a more effective communicator...and also find people who understand what I mean when I communicate.

8) You know you're an ENTP because.
I was so right about that wedding thing...D-I-V-O-R-C-E

·
Banned
4,281 Posts
@Senah

Welcome. All the info you laid out seems pretty standard.

Great group of people here when we are here.

Enjoy the exploration of like type people.
It is fun. PerC has helped me develop a few areas
of my life that I was having issues with.

Your point number 7.

Is it understanding in communication that you seek?
Or is it more acceptance of your views and/or like type minds?

I only ask as by and large ENTP have no issue getting their
points understood or should not anyhow. I find most ENTP past early 20's
are very good at parlaying a message in a format that is
understandable to the group they are dealing with no matter the
group. Our views on the other hand? Well they are a much harder
sell for the masses.

One would assume at 36 ...teacher...world traveler...into language..etc
that communication and being understood would be a forte for you.
Then again I dont know too many late 30's ENTP (or most types for that matter)
that spend their free time dancing to EDM. ENTP, perpetually surprising me.

Hmmm ..either way ...welcome!

·
Registered
934 Posts
@Senah
Your point number 7.

Is it understanding in communication that you seek?
Or is it more acceptance of your views and/or like type minds?

I only ask as by and large ENTP have no issue getting their
points understood or should not anyhow. I find most ENTP past early 20's
are very good at parlaying a message in a format that is
understandable to the group they are dealing with no matter the
group. Our views on the other hand? Well they are a much harder
sell for the masses.

Hmmm ..either way ...welcome!
I have no problem communicating information, intent. I read people very easily. I guess the emotionality of that. I have been referred to by a former friend who wanted more as sang froid for example, and often I think that my points do not come across well enough because I am blunt or that I talk too much (debater) and it can get lost in all of that. I am working on saying less sometimes or pausing, etc. "Winning the argument doesn't always make you the winner" that sort of thing.

Does that make sense?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Giving us a list like we are ENTJs or something. Tsk Tsk.

Basic Questions:
1) Age or Age Range?

South Africa

I have many friends and friendship circles, but I never feel like I fit 100% in any of them.
Being in a relationship with the correct ENTJ has brought some order to my life. But not too much, because fuck off then :p

IT Management for family business - boring but pays the bills. Busy working my own software project(s).

ENTP Formalities
I hate being the smartest person in the room 90% of the time. Also, Why am I always correct and other people always wrong?

I am not the smartest person in the room 90% of the time.

Finish things I start.

8) You know you're an ENTP because...
I have started too many projects without finishing them, have had too many hobbies to count, get bored easily, have been cluttered/messy my entire life.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Welcome @gustavdp You are definitely an ENTP:)

I think a lot of us would love to be able to finish things we start, but with so many distractions, and then enneagrams, wings, tritypes, and then there is...

·
Registered
750 Posts
Basic Questions:
1) 16
2) A miniature version of the Bronx. If you're from here too you'll know what I mean
3) I have a lot of acquaintances but only a few very close friends. I'm not super popular, but I'm well liked, probably due to my intellect and zany unpredictability. Also my relationships either last less than a week or several months, nothing between.
4) I've always loved 3 things: history, science, and politics. History and politics go together well so I plan to pursue that, but I'll still keep learning about bio and genetics

ENTP Formalities
5) I'm smarter and wiser than most people I know, including those 3, 4, even 5 times my age
6) I once thought that buffalo wild wings weren't actually wings and were made from buffalo meat, instead of the other way around
7) I use it as an excuse to be a troll, plus it allows me to better predict and find solutions to my personal faults
8) I've taken the test at least half a dozen times and in all but 1 of those I showed up a ENTP. Other than that I'm extroverted, but don't like being in the spotlight too long, creative but not artistic, rational but impulsive, and I don't like country music

·
Registered
3 Posts
1) I'm 22
2) I live in Toronto Canada
3) My social life is like a never-ending game of Musical Chairs.
4) I'm working as a marketing coordinator, but I aspire to be a public influencer and philanthropist.

5) I have mastered many arts, but none greater than the art of bullshit. (University degree to prove it)
6) My room is Grade-A fucked (messy) 24/7- no matter how "hard" I "try" to maintain it.
7) I am here to try and find like-minded people to inspire, and be inspired by.
8) I've done the test a number of times at different points in my life through different platforms, and always get ENTP. Also, my personality traits are identical to that of an ENTP.

I'm gonna try real hard to stay on this forum, but- well- you know how we are sometimes.

:)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Basic Questions:
1) Age or Age Range?
Forty-something
England, no fixed abode
I have one? Really?
Those days are over
I never used to think I was gifted, but nowadays I appear to be the one-eyed man in the proverb
Refer to forum
Nothing
I don't know, I thought I was an INTP.

Here's my answers as examples:
1) I'm 27 or I could say mid 20s, older than 21, or 18-30 depending on how specific I want to get.
2) I live in Nashville, Tennessee, USA, and/or North America. At least tell us if you're North America, Europe, Australia, or other.
3) I was in a fraternity in college. Someone else might say "I have a cat" or "I'm wanted for money laundering in 3 states"
4) I'm doing sales but I'd like to do internet marketing or perhaps become a psychologist.
5) I made mostly A's while rarely studying throughout school/college. I can do a 30 second keg-stand. I once convinced an entire bar I was a famous Scottish Rugby player, for a night.
6) My mom told me to plant a flower plant. I dug a whole and placed the plant, while in the pot it came with, into the ground. Inferior Si makes me seem like I have no common sense. I once spent 10 minutes trying to open a trashbag.
7) I wish to continue to connect to others who are similar and help new learners understand aspects of typology. Perhaps someone else just wants to learn function theory.
8) When I'm bored, I can amuse myself by getting lost in my mind for hours. I argued with a professor, once, and switched sides when other students chimed in.

·
Registered
INFJ 3w2
715 Posts
Hey there. If y'all don't mind, I might troll around in here with you for a while. I'm kind of torn on what order my cognitive functions are in, so what better way than to see if I can hold my own with you lot?
Basic Questions:
1) Age or Age Range? 30's
2) City, Country and/or Region? The Americas, circa 1375
3) Tell us something about your social life? Ehh. It used to be pretty exciting in my 20's, and now I stay in a lot because I'm too lazy to maintain any sort of relationships.
4) Current occupation and/or career aspirations? I'm the manager at an old lady fitness center. And I'm not proud of that. I mostly have ended up doing IT and flyer design for the old lady that owns it. I do really enjoy helping others achieve their goals though, so I hope that someday I can have my own business.

ENTP Formalities
5) Say something shamelessly cocky about yourself- I'm better at languages than you.
6) Now something shamefully embarrassing- Every time I walk past a reflective surface, I surreptitiously check myself to make sure I look ok.
7) What do you hope to gain with the knowledge you're an ENTP- That as a female one, I could possibly simultaneously save the world and glitterize your grandma and you would like it.
I'm not sure yet, but looking to find out

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Hey there. If y'all don't mind, I might troll around in here with you for a while. I'm kind of torn on what order my cognitive functions are in, so what better way than to see if I can hold my own with you lot?
Basic Questions:
1) Age or Age Range? 30's
2) City, Country and/or Region? The Americas, circa 1375
3) Tell us something about your social life? Ehh. It used to be pretty exciting in my 20's, and now I stay in a lot because I'm too lazy to maintain any sort of relationships.
4) Current occupation and/or career aspirations? I'm the manager at an old lady fitness center. And I'm not proud of that. I mostly have ended up doing IT and flyer design for the old lady that owns it. I do really enjoy helping others achieve their goals though, so I hope that someday I can have my own business.

ENTP Formalities
5) Say something shamelessly cocky about yourself- I'm better at languages than you.
6) Now something shamefully embarrassing- Every time I walk past a reflective surface, I surreptitiously check myself to make sure I look ok.
7) What do you hope to gain with the knowledge you're an ENTP- That as a female one, I could possibly simultaneously save the world and glitterize your grandma and you would like it.
I'm not sure yet, but looking to find out
Hi, welcome! What's behind the name?

·
Registered
INFJ 3w2
715 Posts
Just to be clear, the name was ​Inkeri, now it's Raconteur :). Both cool.
Thanks! Welp. Long story short, I was trying to use a different account to explore my type as on Raconteur I have gone back and forth a lot and have been confused, and I didn't want people to look at my post history and go "Wow what a weirdo!"

So I was trying to fresh start it and apparently PersCafe wasn't cool with that. But that's fine, lol.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Thanks! Welp. Long story short, I was trying to use a different account to explore my type as on Raconteur I have gone back and forth a lot and have been confused, and I didn't want people to look at my post history and go "Wow what a weirdo!"

So I was trying to fresh start it and apparently PersCafe wasn't cool with that. But that's fine, lol.
:biggrin: They caught you fast! Welcome anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello !

1) I am 32
2) Come from France
3) I am a big traveller and I did a world trip for 15 months. It was amazing !!!
4) i am an engineer but work in sales. I do not like my job and would like to be a psychologist

5) I travelled in 69 countries, and worked in 5 different countries. Now, I plan to come back to France, but I still hope to reach +100 countries as a tourist
6) don't have anything in mind
7) My goal as an ENTP is to use my understanding of my personality to be happy and work on myself to achieve what is important to me
8) Too many things... I love to explore new subjects as I am super curious, but I can easily get bored and not finish something I started. Most of my friends are also NT types because I love the conversations we can have, that's probably what I prefer in life...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello fellow humans,
I'm new to this whole forum thing. I've been looking around Personality Café for awhile, learned a lil about MBTI separate from here, but I figured I might as well join up and share some of my BS with the world. So hey, how's it going?

ASL - 19 - Male - Californianese

I tend to have one then suddenly not. Then have one again. Help.

Currently working for an auction company, doing liquidation of whatever we're hired to get rid of from whomever.
I love this job because I get to work all over California. I don't have a huge job aspiration yet, haven't really thought about it.

I once fought off seven 2nd graders whilst feeding a homeless man.

I lost. Then they took the food I was going to feed the man. Then said homeless man robbed me.
God dammit.

Learning about how we work, functionality wise, and just how we act overall, has given me an interesting insight into myself and has helped me a lot when it comes to how I act around others, as well as how I deal with my emotions. I still hope to learn more about how we interact with different personality types.

I don't even know where to start with that one, and I really don't want to. Too lazy.

421 - 440 of 468 Posts