Personality Cafe banner

ENTP Introduction Thread

[ENTP] 
39K views 467 replies 152 participants last post by  T.K 
#1 · (Edited)
Alright, a couple other types have this and we need one of our own.

The goal is to build the ENTP community by increasing our threshold for genius insight & debauchery. After all, what type better captures the essence of class & crass? For current active users, feel free to re-introduce yourself. I, of course, will find new users and just quote them on this page, thereby forcing them to run the gauntlet. Here's some questions to help others know who you are. You can remain relatively anonymous but try to give us some information that helps set you apart as a unique user. Otherwise, you're just an avatar without a personality, and no ENTP should be content with being boring.

You can copy & paste this
Basic Questions:
1) Age or Age Range?
2) City, Country and/or Region?
3) Tell us something about your social life?
4) Current occupation and/or career aspirations?

ENTP Formalities
5) Say something shamelessly cocky about yourself
6) Now something shamefully embarrassing
7) What do you hope to gain with the knowledge you're an ENTP
8) You know you're an ENTP because...

Here's my answers as examples:
1) I'm 27 or I could say mid 20s, older than 21, or 18-30 depending on how specific I want to get.
2) I live in Nashville, Tennessee, USA, and/or North America. At least tell us if you're North America, Europe, Australia, or other.
3) I was in a fraternity in college. Someone else might say "I have a cat" or "I'm wanted for money laundering in 3 states"
4) I'm doing sales but I'd like to do internet marketing or perhaps become a psychologist.
5) I made mostly A's while rarely studying throughout school/college. I can do a 30 second keg-stand. I once convinced an entire bar I was a famous Scottish Rugby player, for a night.
6) My mom told me to plant a flower plant. I dug a whole and placed the plant, while in the pot it came with, into the ground. Inferior Si makes me seem like I have no common sense. I once spent 10 minutes trying to open a trashbag.
7) I wish to continue to connect to others who are similar and help new learners understand aspects of typology. Perhaps someone else just wants to learn function theory.
8) When I'm bored, I can amuse myself by getting lost in my mind for hours. I argued with a professor, once, and switched sides when other students chimed in.

See less See more
#2 ·
Reactions: Jamaia
#3 ·
Basic Questions:
1) Age or Age Range?
Okay, I'll bite because non-responded threads are just sad. Shall we say over 30?

Now, or where I grew up? I grew up in Chicago, spent a lot of time in LA, but I don't live in either place now. Still in the U.S. though.

I'm quieter these days, but I was also in a fraternity. College was quite the whirlwind. Not so much these days. I'm still youngish, but I'm too tired now for that shit.

I don't even want to explain it. This is the most annoying question I ever get. It's been years and I still don't know how to get people outside of the industry to understand it.

ENTP Formalities
I graduated from college Magna Cum Laude (fuck you stats it should have been Summa). Oh, and I was a top ten nationally ranked snowboarder back in the day. Then I went and broke myself. Oops.

Where to start? Killing flowers is kind of rookie shit, man. I've been in unnecessary brawls. Shit my pants. You name the shame and I've probably participated in it.

Gain? I suppose the knowledge that it's okay to be who I am. As independent as ENTPs tend to be I think it's a cross-type and cross-cultural desire to know that you're fine as who you are. That you have a benefit to add to the world.

Because I had a moment of clarity when I realized that I think aloud and don't cloister my thoughts until Ti can convince me that it's okay to say them.

There you go @Drunk Parrot

I don't usually do long form, but I like you, and I thought I'd contribute.

#4 ·
@TimeWillTell @psychedelicmango @johnnyyukon @SilentButDeadly @Obv @desire machine @katemess @knucklebunny @Desthro @Jamaia @IDontThinkSo @spidershane @draculaoverlord @jamjoint @LoveDragonDon @Geonerd @Scarlet_Heart @FueledByEvil @adultchildofalieninvaders @italix @knucklebunny @tanstaafl28 You guys too. I'm channeling my inner ESFJ and making you participate in these activities. It's good for your Fe, though :wink:
@Haldir braved through it and now we know this about him:

I don't even want to explain it. This is the most annoying question I ever get. It's been years and I still don't know how to get people outside of the industry to understand it.
He works for the Mafia!

Reactions: Jamaia
#8 ·
Terrible form.

But.. but... I want to suck at FE! I want to stay ENTP!
Ti gives your ENTPness girth, but Fe is what gives it depth. Together, you can shower so many people with hefty Ne loads.

Reactions: Jamaia and Haldir
#9 ·
Basic Questions:
1) Age or Age Range? In 30s
2) City, Country and/or Region? Virginia
3) Tell us something about your social life? I am absolutely very outgoing. I like to go out almost daily to join a group either for hikes, interests/hobbies, public events or socializing.
4) Current occupation and/or career aspirations? Want to become a Video Game Designer that's integrated with movie acting.

ENTP Formalities

Since I am interested in A LOT of things, and always read on knowledge and news thus I see myself as not ignorant about much. I see a lot of other people as ignorant, they are not caught up with what I would know, etc.

I did not yet have that many girlfriends or sex with beautiful women.

Why I act the way I am, and why others act the way they are. What I am into, what others are into. What kind of friends and mates are fit for me.

It FITS flawlessly. Very P, N, T and definitely not an Introvert despite how much I love to watch movies, TV and goto Comic Cons, do geeky stuff.

#11 ·
1) Age or Age Range?

21, which is not my perceived age. It takes a while to convince the bouncers at the clubs (and people at movie theaters for PG-16 movies), but at least I can get children's tickets on public transport when I'm low on cash.

Finland, near Helsinki.

"I'm scared. It's like you know everything about everyone already" - ISFJ
"My friend count remains constant because I make about as many friends on Friday nights as I lose" - Me

Not really sure yet. I'd rather do multiple things than just stick to one.

I've actually won a prize for being the one to do most stupid shit over the course of two nights. I have no sense of shame if it's beneficial for something I set my mind to

My balance is the absolute worst. Tripping over my own feet on flat ground whilst sober? Why not.

I already learned that I'm not special after all. I like to see to what extent I'm able to relate to other ENTPs. I recently met another ENTP female, which explained why I connected with her despite a lot of initial differences.

Because my friend told me I can't be INTP :( My self reflection is quite shit considering that I actually believed I was for a while, though.

#14 ·
Just because all the other ENTPs aren't even answering the question:

Basic Questions:
1) Age or Age Range?

It's in my profile

I use and abuse people for my own personal delight. If I care about you, I'll probably let you use and abuse me. . .

I want to be self-employed. Figuring out how to do that without being all xSxJ is hard.

ENTP Formalities
I'm fucking amazing, and people love me

I wish everyone loved me as much as I imagine them doing so

I already knew, this forum is fantastic though

I can't find my keys ever. Though I finally got around to installing a key-hook at home, only to misplace my keys while I was at work.

#15 · (Edited)
Please help me compile data; would also be cool to know who you are. Here's some questions...
Canadian; born mid-seventies. Father who builds technology solutions. I appreciate reality for what it is, but cant seem to do what I see clearly should be done. I don't know that "I am an ENTP", but I recognize that ENTP is the most appropriate MBTI descriptor for me. I seek to understand and interact with myself and my world better. I rely on my intuitive, extroverted intelligence to conduct my behavior.

Did I miss anything?

#18 · (Edited)

1) Age or Age Range? Late 20's.
2) City, Country and/or Region? U.S.
3) Tell us something about your social life? Married for ten years.
I have a group of close nit friends and a large involved family.
4) Current occupation and/or career aspirations? House Pet/Domestic Circus Engineer Aka: SAHM to three boys with ADHD.

Newest Mugshot:

ENTP Formalities
5) Say something shamelessly cocky about yourself: I'm always right!
6) Now something shamefully embarrassing: Unless I'm wrong.
7) What do you hope to gain with the knowledge you're an ENTP: ?
8) You know you're an ENTP: Because... I fucking said so!

#19 ·
Me at this moment.
Pre 4:20 Im late thanks to this post.

Hair Facial hair Face Beard Forehead

1) Age or Age Range?

Oshawa (Toronto) Canada

Largely tied up by both my boys but as they are getting older having to
re invent myself and social activities.

Manufacturing; Plant Foreman. I aspire to retire.

ENTP Formalities
Hmmmmmm well...I suppose there is this.....or wait maybe ...
OK I got one. I consider myself the best joint roller in the world.
I have even done blue prints for some epic doob's. 6 hour
roll time. Was fun. I challenge everyone that smokes to
a roll off. Never been beaten. Never will be.

See number 5!

At the very least a front row seat to hell.

A dozen websites cant be wrong. I mean this is the internet.
The last bastion of absolute.......right?

#21 ·
Reactions: Jamaia and katemess
#23 ·
1) Age or Age Range?
38 in a few days (otherwise known as "most depressing week ever")

Ann Arbor, MI, USA

Due to the fact that I cannot ever commit to planning ahead for any activities, I am the friend who either A). Says that I will join said activity and then at the last minute finds a reason not to go, or B). Insists I can't do a planned activity but at the last minute decide it sounds fun and show up unannounced.

Customer Service for a major health insurance company... As far as aspirations, I had intended on having my own photography business, but I suck so bad at the "business" end of it that I gave up. I wanted to be a psychologist but absolutely hate school, so I gave up on that, too.

ENTP Formalities
I am a fantastic photographer.

Last week I was shooting pool (I suck), and I was quite proud when I finally got a ball in. Only problem was that I didn't shoot the ball in the cue ball, I shot it in with the 8 ball. Woopsy.

I always want to know everything, and knowing myself has been a challenge, despite the fact that I spend way too much time on introspection.

Because after much deliberation I realized that I am not an INTP (which I kept strongly suspecting). Also because I see so many patterns in this ENTP forum that I can't deny I'm just like you fuckers. The main thing that stuck out was how we all can and will say blunt things or harsh things, but it is always appropriate, and THEN we follow up with a nice comment to make sure the other person realizes we aren't trying to be rude.

#167 ·
Because after much deliberation I realized that I am not an INTP (which I kept strongly suspecting). Also because I see so many patterns in this ENTP forum that I can't deny I'm just like you fuckers. The main thing that stuck out was how we all can and will say blunt things or harsh things, but it is always appropriate, and THEN we follow up with a nice comment to make sure the other person realizes we aren't trying to be rude.
You just got thanked. Very true.

#25 ·
1) The age you think I am ; If you're wrong you're too young.
2) The land of fruits beaches castles mountains and guillotines.
3) Restricted by 5)
4) Prototyping a cool thing. It's a litote.

5) I have a long past of pioneering impossible shitz.
6) Once I was wrong.
7) Nothing, it's just collareral... I'm here for the epistemology.
8) I am N>P>T>F>J>S.

#26 ·
Hiya... I'm Scarlet....

(wait for it...)

Basic Questions:
1) Age or Age Range?

ENTP Formalities

1. 32
2. New England (near beach and mountains, best of everything)
3. I dabble in karaoke... :cool:
4. At home with my babies, but hope to resume teaching sometime soon.

5. I'm fairly confident, fairly smart, fairly attractive. Men and other confident women seem to really like me and I like them. Insecure women dislike me and likewise.
6. I cannot make sense of a road map (thank God GPS finally came along). I'm almost 6ft tall and unbelievably clumsy. I cannot dance, but it does not mean that I will not dance. I can sing though (I guess that should have went in #5 - #AntiEstablishment).
7. I like to know how to exploit navigate my relationships. It helps me make sense of myself and others.
8. I took a personality test. WINK!

#27 ·
Basic Questions:
1) Age or Age Range?
1) Old enough to know better, young enough not to give a damn
2) Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
3) My social life is diverse
4) Satellite network support technician (incredibly underemployed)

ENTP Formalities
5) What the hell do I look like, a performing chicken?
6) What the hell do I look like, a performing duck?
7) I'm looking for the secret decoder ring at the bottom of the cereal box
8) ...none of the other types would have me

I didn't do it-nobody saw me-you can't prove anything.

#30 ·
Basic Questions:
1) Age or Age Range?

Finland, on an island.

It's uhhm... slow atm.

STAHM for a few more months. I'd really like to pursue psychophysics.

ENTP Formalities
My life has started very auspiciously, I've been gifted more than I even realize.

I'm a devoted underachiever, I'm wasteful and ungrateful. I don't deserve the good in my life.

Some direction, tools, inspiration to live more up to my potential. Validation, too.

Technically I don't know, I may just want to be one. But I've never had as many "Whoa, me too!" reactions to random things people tell they do/think/feel than in this forum.

#31 ·
You can copy & paste this
I quoted cuz it's rude ^^

Basic Questions:
1) Age or Age Range?

France

Capable but terrible at maintaining most friendships although they fortunately tend to last.

Aiming at becoming a webapp developper and automate world domination.

ENTP Formalities
Formalities, no thanks...

I'm my own kind of genius, since I once typed as ENTP.

I have a personality disorder, it's called ENTPD.

SWOT analysis of myself.

I forgot I was :D

Reactions: knucklebunny
#32 ·
1) Age or Age Range? Mid thirties.

2) City, Country and/or Region? Southern Germany.

3) Tell us something about your social life? I like finding myself in situations that would make the average person uncomfortable and turn them into my advantage, read "have a good time." There's no fun without a bit of challenge.

Alternatively, Dr Who marathons will do. Who needs people?

4) Current occupation and/or career aspirations? Self employed by day, howling at the moon by night.

5) Say something shamelessly cocky about yourself Do I have to? I'd rather show up and charm you in person.

6) Now something shamefully embarrassing I have no shame. I was in my late teens when I decided it doesn't serve any purpose and decided I'm done with it.

Oh, here's something: I feel both shame and embarrassment on other people's behalf. I can't watch some movies or series without hiding behind the sofa, sticking my fingers into my ears and going "LA LA LA ARE THEY DONE?" Curb Your Enthusiasm... did not work for me.

7) What do you hope to gain with the knowledge you're an ENTP Vintage women and fast cars? Uh, nothing. Some concepts are fun to play with, that's all.

8) You know you're an ENTP because... I'm a walking bag of contractions, same as most people, but mine seem to be of the ENTP flavour. I'm bit of a dick, but keep that under control or let it out in carefully measured doses because I actually value social harmony. Or I value social harmony, but don't actually care a whole lot about what other people think of me. Curiousity is important. And I most definitely don't have ADHD, I just give off the impression I do.

#38 · (Edited)
Well congrats on answering #8, but the community needs to know 1-7 about you. You also need an avatar. Otherwise, you're just another ENTP that said something obvious about all of us.

@Irmalair1689 Thanks for answering. I think you're the youngest, here, but we care more about the content of what you write more than your age. In other words, we won't make fun of your age, unless you say something stupid :tongue:

@RoeDuif there's several more too. @AceTrainerGreen is 16-17, I believe.

Also, look into Enneagram. As a 3w4, you might tend to care about certain aspects that make you unique. That is not the same as Fi. Fi is a judgment system that decides logic is not as important as how you, specifically, feel about something. Ti rejects this instead believing personal decisions should be made according to what you, specifically, think is most logical.

#34 ·
Age range- I'm pretty young I realized. 14 turning 15 in about a month.

City and country- I live in Minnesota specifically the Twin Cites.

Social life- I have a few close friends, everyone else is plain boring.

Career aspirations- I want to work for myself and not have to worry about an income. I don't want to be confined to a boring routine, I want to be able to do whatever I set my heart to even if I don't finish it. Haha

Say something cocky about yourself?- I am amazing, what more can you ask for?

Say something embarrassing- I face planted before in the middle of class trying to grab my pencil off the floor.

7- I don't know, I just want to be me.

8- I used to think I was INTP because I kept getting tested as one, but it never really fit me. I decided to do some research, and I ended up taking a cognitive function test and got ENTP and INTP.... I then also self typed myself and ENTP was the perfect match. I wouldn't have it any other way. :proud:

#367 ·
Oh dear... 14? You are only a few years older than my oldest daughter. Please don't read my posts.... not really PG. I didn't realise there were teens below the age of consent on this forum.... as an ENTP I'm an outrageous flirt and my humour can be somewhat bawdy and crude (no sense of shame). You have been warned....

#35 ·
Oh, here's something: I feel both shame and embarrassment on other people's behalf. I can't watch some movies or series without hiding behind the sofa, sticking my fingers into my ears and going "LA LA LA ARE THEY DONE?" Curb Your Enthusiasm... did not work for me.

I am like this, too. I constantly say things like, "I'm so embarrassed for him". I wonder how/why this is an ENTP trait?

#56 ·
Dear god. It may well be a shared trait. I assume the ENTP children of the 80's/90's probably watched "The Wonder Years" at some point or another. I loved that show, but even as a child I had to cringe when Kevin would go on his awkward diatribes with Winnie. Damn, just remembering it makes me shiver.

#36 ·
Hello again xD

Basic Questions:
1) Age or Age Range?
Nearing my 18th birthday
Netherlands, Zeeland
Pretty nonexistent? No ok, I love to go out and see my friends, but they're always holed up in their houses and tell me to 'fuck off'. Can you feel the love?
Linguist

ENTP Formalities
I'm pretty good at everything I try
My life
What is there to gain when I'm already perfect? Lol no ok, I'd like to understand myself better and kind of justify my decisions/actions (not that I regret a lot of things, but others don't like my actions and I want them to know why I did it. So they won't nag at me for it, or less at least.)
I don't, honestly. I'm very torn between ENTP and ENFP, since my Fi/Ti is pretty even.

#73 ·
Haha! You are the youngest person I've found here so far! Btw once you J Hope, you can never J Nope. :wink:

Reactions: RoeDuif
#40 ·
Reactions: Jamaia and pjmohr33
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.