Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was just wondering, how do ENTP males show they like a girl?

There’s this guy in my classes who is the typical confident, quick witted, funny ‘class clown’, who has always been really nice to me when we’re just hanging out, but we have quite different friendship groups and so we don’t really hang out too often. Anyway, I was at a party a few weeks ago and he was quite drunk and came up to me when I was by myself and told me that I looked beautiful and always do, and went on to compliment everything from my hair and make-up to my shoes. Haha. He then walked off, and came back about 5 minutes later and asked me to dance with him. So I danced with him (just like stupid party dancing, nothing romantic) and then as we were dancing he grabbed my hand and said thankyou, and then leaned in for the hug (or so I thought) and kissed me on the cheek, before walking off back to his guy friends.
Anyway, for the next 2 or so weeks whenever we passed each other he totally avoided and ignored me and treated me like a stranger, and so I did the same, as I wasn’t sure if he even remembered the party or if it meant anything to him or if he was just drunk and delusional.
But then today I was talking to his friend while he was there and so he cracked a joke and I laughed, and then he said hey when I saw him down the hall by himself later on.
Anyway, this has all made me really confused, and I’m probably looking too much into things, but it would be really great if you guys could give me some advice or clarity and insight into why he acted this way, and if he actually has feelings for me or not?
Thanks heaps!!

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Hey guys,

I was just wondering, how do ENTP males show they like a girl?

There’s this guy in my classes who is the typical confident, quick witted, funny ‘class clown’, who has always been really nice to me when we’re just hanging out, but we have quite different friendship groups and so we don’t really hang out too often. Anyway, I was at a party a few weeks ago and he was quite drunk and came up to me when I was by myself and told me that I looked beautiful and always do, and went on to compliment everything from my hair and make-up to my shoes. Haha. He then walked off, and came back about 5 minutes later and asked me to dance with him. So I danced with him (just like stupid party dancing, nothing romantic) and then as we were dancing he grabbed my hand and said thankyou, and then leaned in for the hug (or so I thought) and kissed me on the cheek, before walking off back to his guy friends.
Anyway, for the next 2 or so weeks whenever we passed each other he totally avoided and ignored me and treated me like a stranger, and so I did the same, as I wasn’t sure if he even remembered the party or if it meant anything to him or if he was just drunk and delusional.
But then today I was talking to his friend while he was there and so he cracked a joke and I laughed, and then he said hey when I saw him down the hall by himself later on.
Anyway, this has all made me really confused, and I’m probably looking too much into things, but it would be really great if you guys could give me some advice or clarity and insight into why he acted this way, and if he actually has feelings for me or not?
Thanks heaps!!
For some reason there seems to usually be some chemistry with INFJs and us. After the dance and kiss did you let him know how your feelings or were you nervous/shocked? Sometimes ENTPs need to be told bluntly that someone has a crush on them , especially guys. But I can see the situation if this was 'making a move' for the guy but it didn't feel reciprocated then he might shut down for a little bit. Also , it could be absolutely fine. Even though ENTPs are extroverts we can get very introverted when we're overloaded with information especially when it comes to relationships. As an ENTP sometimes I need a little time to just process everything ( Ti) and let it settle in my brain. Don't take it personally. Ask him point blank what's on his mind , ENTPs usually aren't dodgy to answer that question and will tell you :).

·
Registered
707 Posts
For starters, "class clown"=/=ENTP

but I'll just mention that, (from what I've read) even though they're extraverts, NP's are often more socially awkward than ExxJ types.
Maybe he's feeling awkward because he doesn't know where the relationship is at?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I show people I like them by flirting, intentionally annoying/aggravating them, and making several sexual innuendos throughout my conversations.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I'm not trying to speak for this guy, but he probably doesn't know where he stands with you. Sometimes we need other people to take the wheel even though we may be super confident, especially when emotions or intimacy is involved. I personally never know where I stand with most people, even friends, so I never really know what actions are always appropriate.

My advice would be to just initiate a conversation with him or show that you're interested.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts