Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings. I'd like to begin my questionare with the specific questions that if you answer, it'll be much more useful to me.
First off, do you consider the INTP as a good colleague to have around?
Secondly, you can link me to any existing threads because I just know that someone must've asked the same questions as me.
And finally, what are your thoughts about the INTP's quiet nature?
Thanks.

·
Registered
521 Posts
do you consider the INTP as a good colleague to have around?

Yes, absolutely. My best friend is an INTP so I might be biased but I just enjoy being with him. We can talk about almost everything, he can argue well, open-minded and just a chill, cool dude to have around.

you can link me to any existing threads because I just know that someone must've asked the same questions as me.

Well I can... but I won't cuz I'm lazy. :cool:

what are your thoughts about the INTP's quiet nature?

Refreshing and one of their most attractive qualities. They are thoughtful people and they 'think first, act second' which (usually) means they make good decisions. They are also good listeners which is a solid plus for someone like me who just likes to talk and rant about random stuff.

No problemo!

·
Banned
1,428 Posts
thatweirdnerd said:
I'd like to begin my questionare
I don’t see a questionnaire. Do you write with invisible digital ink?

the specific questions that if you answer, it'll be much more useful to me.
So even if the questions are not answered the answers will be much less useful for you, that is still useful for you? Strange. You really believe that your type is INTP? I don’t.

You want to know whether they are good colleagues – as circus performers?

because I just know that someone must've asked the same questions as me.
No, you don’t know.

Father: ENTP
Why don’t you ask your father? You don’t even need digital ink for that.

Secondly, you can link me to any existing threads
Incredibly lazy people shouldn’t persuade themselves that ENTPs are the fools who volunteer to do the work for incredibly lazy people.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Pitching in as a ESFJ since I know a few. INTPs are very cool folks who typically are pleasant company to be around with and they can be loud once you get them going lol. However I find the Ti/Si looping INTPs to be the most boring and dull people ever since its like their Ne/Fe has taken a hike and it can be like talking to a wall that just repeats stuff over and over.

I aslo find it depends on their tri as well. 953 INTPs (The most common tri IME) are typically very chill, pensive and driven folks who seek to use their 5 and 9 to accomplish goals. You also have the helpful and loyal 952 INTP.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

So even if the questions are not answered the answers will be much less useful for you, that is still useful for you? Strange. You really believe that your type is INTP? I don’t.

No, you don’t know.

Incredibly lazy people shouldn’t persuade themselves that ENTPs are the fools who volunteer to do the work for incredibly lazy people.
Wow, signs of an ENTP here, really competitive for debates I see. Not feeling up to it right now, you win.

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
Greetings. Hello. I'd like to begin my questionare questionnaire with the specific questions that if you answer, it'll be much more useful to me. I could have guessed that.
First off, do you consider the INTP as a good colleague to have around? Sure. Depends on the subtype though.
Secondly, you can link me to any existing threads because I just know that someone must've asked the same questions as me. I can't, unless you hire me for that.
And finally, what are your thoughts about the INTP's quiet nature? I can be quieter.
Thanks. You're welcome.
^

·
Registered
389 Posts
Where's the questionnaire?

Ok, what's with having an INTP for a colleague? It'd be interesting to discuss anything logical and novel with them whenever I feel like it, but then my fun-loving side will be a little 'quiet' and even sarcastic, thanks to their introversion. Nothing more. I'm sure I can and I will find someone extroverted to chill out with while at work.

you can link me to any existing threads because I just know that someone must've asked the same questions as me.

Well I can... but I won't cuz I'm lazy.
I'm lazier. (That's my no. 1 reason to feel proud.)

Thoughts about an INTP's quiet nature? "How could you lead such a boring life?" I'd wonder looking at them hooked to an electronic device or a book.

I know an INTP who's a real gentleman. That's one thing I really like about him. He was really into me and expressed it only in 'subtle' ways for years. Not once did he openly tell me that he had feelings for me, and that's the one thing I expected from him - that's what I'd expect from any guy that's into me. He's now married to an INTJ and I'm still special to him, but for me, he's special only because of his gentlemanly nature, nothing more. Speak up, guys!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Greetings. I'd like to begin my questionare with the specific questions that if you answer, it'll be much more useful to me.
Secondly, you can link me to any existing threads because I just know that someone must've asked the same questions as me.
Thanks.

The are great for all the things mentioned above by other people
It's not their quiet nature that I find weird, it's their incapability to act. Ti+Si = overthinking + impossible desire for perfectionism + fear of change, which lead to immobility.
I know some very smart and competent INTPs and they just can't move on in life: getting that girl they like @LadyLeo ahah, getting that promotion they want, selling themselves to this client that's so important etc ....

Without Te in our stack ENTPs can be like that too - when we are in a Ti/Si loop, it's hard to move our ass as well, but usually Ne/Fe kicks in with that voice that tells use we need to move on if we want to have this social gratification & accomplish our ambition. So I know where the INTP comes from, but I still feel like it's a waste of potential. Because they are so smart and competent & they don't always act on it.

Disclaimer: I have a INTP little bro and I love him so much, but he can be frustrating for the reasons mentioned above.

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
INTPs I find are great people to get along w/. I think it's hard to group them all together in judging them a bit because a lot of personality I think is more psychological from environment and differs greatly from one individual to the next that you can't really judge intps based on that stuff. So for instance some can be quiet, but others can be very assertive, I find some can be arrogant, but others very easy going, some can be quiet boring, and others very charming..I think it's hard to really judge intps on any of those sort of traits, just because those types of traits don't seem to be consistent w/ intps (I've only really known a few, a few I'm not sure if are also intp...but also other types those types of traits seem to very amongst them). I for instance feel like I want to say something about intps tending to be assertive, but I'm not sure if that really applies to them or just one intp I happen to know...and I'd guess that's something that varies amonst intps.

What I will say about intp compatibility is that I think INTPs and ENTPs think similarly and so there is a natural easy tendency to form friendships between us, however, where it can be difficult in those relationships is something that causes conflict I think between any Extrovert-Introvert relationship, which is that E desire/crave being around people and social situations and INTPs don't. It can be difficult for a relationship to thrive when one person craves something the other dislikes. ENTPs will want to go to parties and socialize w/ everyone. And INTPs can be reluctant and stubborn about who they interact w/. INTPs def will enjoy partying, but if they don't care for a group of people or they don't find some social gathering attractive they'll be more than content not to attend. And I think that can cause difficulty in that there is a difference in interest in what things ENTPs and INTPs want to do. ENTPs will go and hang around people they don't care for that much just to be around people and will be excited about going to a party where there's few people they know, whereas intps prob will stubbornly refuse to be around people they have any slight dislike of and attend parties they don't know people at.

·
Banned
4,281 Posts
My sister is an INTP. She is NOT quiet!
At all... like not even a little ...I will admit that her base of friends is always small.
She can only usually support two or three people at a time for a get-together.

Spends a lot of time in her room but that is most likely her age (17).

Very fun to be around. Has issues dealing with our ENFP mother. No surprise there.
Adores her ISTP father. They are extremely close and amicable with each other.

That link you asked for : www.google.ca

Cant member what else ya asked. Stuff and things for sure.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I'm not sure, as a colleague, they would not be as helpful to me as other types for the simple fact that they are incredibly similar to me. But everyone has something to offer, to bring to the table regardless of personality type.

Nope.

It's fine. I will say that as an ENTP woman, I generally find male INTPs very attractive in the short term. They have a quiet, quick wit and a charm that's hard to beat. Like a Han Solo, Fox Mulder vibe -- very appealing. But their pessimism and lethargy grates on me if I spend too much time with one and I end up irritated by them.

·
Birdie Borracho
9,377 Posts
The E to I gap is usually the easiest to overcome as we share the same functions. I typically enjoy INTPs, but people are people and some suck.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts

No, you don’t know.

oh ffs... even your forum answers are a performance aren't they?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
It's fine. I will say that as an ENTP woman, I generally find male INTPs very attractive in the short term. They have a quiet, quick wit and a charm that's hard to beat. Like a Han Solo, Fox Mulder vibe -- very appealing. But their pessimism and lethargy grates on me if I spend too much time with one and I end up irritated by them.
Guess what? I'm an INTP optimist, through and through. When I was in my INTP depressive blackhole of nihilism though... I was not.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Guess what? I'm an INTP optimist, through and through. When I was in my INTP depressive blackhole of nihilism though... I was not.
I get a little nihilistic too at times. And I think we all get a little better at compensating for our shortcomings the older we get. Salude!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Yes, they are able to think creatively on their feet but also are more organized than an ENTP. My only issue is that they are less people pleasing which sometimes makes them stubborn or willing to do something for the team if they don't want to do it.
Secondly, you can link me to any existing threads because I just know that someone must've asked the same questions as me. Probably but I am too lazy too look.
And finally, what are your thoughts about the INTP's quiet nature? I like their quiet nature. Nothing wrong with that at all. I don't need to have someone be the life of the party or even social at all. INTPs are generally much warmer than INTJ or ISTJs. I don't mind quiet and introverted at all. I don't like unfriendly or "better than thou" attitudes.

In general, I really like INTPs because they are often on the same page as me and can keep up. My biggest issue with INTPs are when the hold back great ideas, thoughts, or even actions because they are too much in their mind and psych themselves out of implementing them.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
hold back great ideas, thoughts, or even actions because they are too much in their mind and psych themselves out of implementing them.
I'm sure there are a few INTP's on this forum who are pretty good at that! I'm definitely one of them lol. Sometimes I write massive replies full of insight and then click cancel and move on. Sometimes I don't think people would really be interested, or overwhelmed, or I'm overstepping my bounds, or maybe that I'm guessing too much and will be wrong. <delete><delete><delete> :p

·
Registered
912 Posts
I guess. Being sort of a logician, I can count on him so I don't make stupid choices.

No thanks.

Weird. INTP's quiet nature is something strange and I don't have strong opinions about it. I mean, I can be quiet at times as well, but I'm not exactly always quiet. Who knows.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts