Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I take the MBTI I get a different result. Every other time I get ENTP or ESFP... I've been looking at the negative attributes of both (because it's hard to look at a positive attribute and say it's not you)... And I'm very strongly both... However, I feel like that's a paradox and I can't be NT and SF... Just I can't... That doesn't work does it?

·
Registered
221 Posts
The descriptions for the MBTI types tend to be generalizations, guesses, and examples of people of those types. It's not surprising at all that you see parts of yourself in each one as they're designed to appeal to a wide range of people who share a similar way of interpreting the information they have of the world.
Most of the descriptions you'll find are how each type is expected to act. After all, what I've gathered is that the Myers Briggs test is only really looking at how you perceive and process the world. What you do with that information is up to you.

I know how difficult it can be to decide on MBTI personality based pages only. Heck, after reading the ENFP and ESFP pages I found an equal ammound of things I agreed and disagreed on with both. I recommend looking at the cognitive functions.
You'll probably want to compare these ones in particular, just scan the article here until you find the parts on these functions.
Ti = xxTP
Fi = xxFP
Ne = xNxP
Se = xSxP

So if you find that, for example, you believe that you use more Ti rather than Fi and Se rather than Ne, then you could assume that you were a ESTP.

·
Banned
1,001 Posts
ENTP

ESFP

Ummm well there's not much I can say. These two personalities are litterally complete opposites (even though they share 2 letters).

Go up to the top of the page and under Tests click Cognitive Quiz. Then, post your results. They should look like my signature, the purple thing down there VVVVV

·
Banned
293 Posts
Hey, I'm an ENTP dating an ESFP so I'll throw my hat in the ring... :p
1) What kind of things do you enjoy doing?
2) What do you want to do in the future?
3) When in a bad mood, do you tend to be more moody and prefer your own space or critical and prefering to argue?

I think I might be able to work it out from those...also have you considered doing a personality test and answering the opposite way from what you really think? seems like an accurate way of doing it as I came out a very strong ISFJ haha :)

Reactions: Nerdette

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Your either using Ne or Se. You can't be using both. Therefore, you need to focus on whether you're attracted tothings because of how they feel, or how your brain makes connections between them.

Example, if you see a cool dress do you admire how beautiful it is or do you analyze it's components to figure out why it's beautiful?

·
Registered
254 Posts
WOW..those are two VEERRRYYY different types. try some different tests..and even though they SAY that enneagram results have nothing to do with MBTI uhh...all you have to do is look at some polls and find some correlations.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, I'm an ENTP dating an ESFP so I'll throw my hat in the ring... :p
1) What kind of things do you enjoy doing?
2) What do you want to do in the future?
3) When in a bad mood, do you tend to be more moody and prefer your own space or critical and prefering to argue?

I think I might be able to work it out from those...also have you considered doing a personality test and answering the opposite way from what you really think? seems like an accurate way of doing it as I came out a very strong ISFJ haha :)
1) I enjoy writing, reading, going shopping, playing games, going out and enjoying nature, and anything adrenaline causing.
2) I want to eventually become a psychiatrist
3) I become a critical a-hole (even more than usual) and I argue just for effs sake of arguing.

Thanks!!! Hope that's in depth enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts