Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honestly, I'm not sure at all. Sometimes I feel like a full ENTP and other times a full INTP.

But I haven't been that way until recently. You see, my parents are both SJs, and I grew up very sheltered. They would pretty much bully me into an SJ lifestyle. I went to a small private school where everyone was like them - conservative, hyper religious, sheltered/ sheltering. They're better now, and they say that before all that I was definitely XNTP. And now I am back to that. But I'm not sure which one I am. How can I tell??

·
Registered
657 Posts
I can't figure this out either, but anyway...
Working out whether you prefer Ne over Ti would help. Also, whether Fe or Si is your lowest function.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Or go back to the simplistic E vs. I thing, which isn't function-based but does seem to work: if things are busy, there's a lot to do, a lot of people about, do you get louder and more active, or do you withdraw? Are you energised by other people, or drained by them?

I'm not sure that a lot of quiet religious SJs count totally as other people, which is not to say they are not people, but....you need a more varied sample. Living in a school that thinks it is a monastery would certainly suck the life out of me.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I like to call Ne a here and now function because it interprets things in the world in the present moment. Do you find that you do more interpreting of the world or analyzing? I don't totally understand extraverts, but I have a theory that as an ENTP, you enjoy reacting to the world immediately around you more than an INTP who spends more time looking at his or her interpretations from many angles. By different angles, this is what goes on in their analysis of their theories: they try to get as many subjective opinions as possible so that objective truth can be found. An intelligent value indeed. Both ENTPs and INTPs however, react to the world around them to some extent whereas SJs tend to want to have some facts and ideas ready under their belt. If you're drawn towards your inner world governed by logic more than the outside world, I might consider INTP as your type.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts