Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always thought of myself as an introvert. I used to be painfully shy, I have severe performance anxiety and in large groups of people that I am unfamiliar with I don't usually make friends very quickly. However, the more I learn about personality typing, the more I am questioning that. From what I understand, ENTP is generally one of the more introverted E types. I certainly do like to spend a good deal of time by myself thinking about the world...but I'm really not sure anymore. When I am one-on-one with a person (that doesn't intimidate me), I am pretty conversational. I like playing practical jokes on people and in classes I'm not afraid to dominate the class discussion if no one else is saying anything interesting. But I'm not 100% sure any of this is relevant.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I have come out of my "shell" recently, and made a lot of new friends. I feel more "myself" than I have in a long time. If that makes sense...(Have pity on me, I am perceiving type >_>)

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I yearn for loving, secure relationships, but also a certain degree of freedom (I can't stand being told what to do). I need to understand things; how they work, why they work. And brain is like a big web of information, that connects everything I know in some way. I also want to experience things - like I want to go to Barcelona to see (and understand) the beautiful architecture, and I want to own a fast car (and drive it fast), but also be able to know how it works and fix it myself if it needs done. I want to have fun, and share those fun experiences with people I love.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Marching band. The senior night performance, everyone was feeling the music. It was an amazing performance, I have never felt anything like it before. We all played our best that night. Myself included.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Being incompetent. Everything that makes me feel inferior can really be traced back to that. Whether it be when I talk to someone who knows more about something than me, or play with a musician that is a lot better than me...things like that

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
This completely depends on the situation. I think in terms of what is relevant to the decision being made. Everything that will be effected by the decision has to be considered. In a logical manner.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
When working by myself, I focus on meeting the requirements first, and while I'm working I will try to think of ways to make the final product appealing in a way that will suit the audience. Like when putting together my writing portfolio, I knew my english teacher was a Beethoven fan, so I put a picture of Beethoven's grave with a captions that said "Here lies the Lord Savior"
In a group, I focus on making sure everyone is working on something they're good at and try to make it as enjoyable as possible...unless I don't like the people I'm with, in which case I become a lone wolf. I try to make sure we're doing what needs to be done.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Band camp this year was A LOT of fun. We were at a cabin camp in the middle of nowhere and we played music all day in the warm summer air, laughed a lot, played practical jokes on each other and we were all happy. Plus we were all musicians so jam sessions tended to break out. It was awesome. And a really good bonding experience. When you see someone walk to the bathroom in their underwear at 3:00 in the morning it's hard not to become friends with them XD

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
Theorize mostly. Like music theory is one of my favorite classes. It gives me more way to connect things and see the patterns in music. Very useful in learning music.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Not very organized. At all. Except when I need to be. But, if I don't need to be, I see no use wasting the energy to organize.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I try to understand the principles behind the idea. Especially in math, where my intuition can't help me like it does when I bullshit in english. I understand what each part means and connect them together.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I follow what I believe. I have some core values that I don't budge from. Never have never will. If the people I'm with are violating those, fuck harmony, I'm out.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I think before I speak. I generally get an idea in my head of what I want to say (not the exact words) then speak. I usually prefer one-on-one discussion but if it's a good group (especially in an english, philosophy or science class), group discussions can be better at times.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I look before I leap 9 times out of 10. I am a slow careful decision maker. Actions speak MUCH louder than words.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Not enough info. Depends on who it is. Based on the number of friends I have...*estimates in head* 7 times out of 10 I'd go out. I usually only stay close to the people I like.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I usually withdraw from the world. In extreme cases I become really depressed. The best way for me to cure stress is to get the F out of the situation and go somewhere either by myself of with a close friend where I can forget about it. I usually like to talk about it with someone I'm close to as well.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Shallowness, stupidity (that's probably not personality...oh well), narrow-mindedness, aggressive anger...and I don't like people who try to control me

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
A lot! Anything that's in-depth. Books, poetry, you-tube videos, philosophy, music...not a big fan of small talk most of the time. Sometimes it's ok though.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
My surroundings. I'm chronically oblivious. What day of the week it is. Colors.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
My friends would never say I am boring. I'm always doing something different and thinking at right angles. They perceive me as smart, quirky and geeky. Some people also have told me I sometimes come off as arrogant, which is never my intent. I am not in any way shape or form full of myself, nor do I think of myself as better than other people.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Anything I like??? I'd take one or two friends and go to Barcelona and explore the city. Or I would find out where Buckethead is and find him and talk to him. Or I'd just go back to band camp for a day. Or maybe something else I haven't thought of yet :p

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm pretty new at this whole thing, but from your answers you seem to me more of an INTP than an ENTP. I'm mostly basing that off your answer to #15. From what I've read, it seems like E personalities get their energy and renewal from being around people, whereas I personalities tend to exclude themselves to rejuvenate. But that's just a beginner's guess! :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts