Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you ENTPs describe what you'er like when you're angry, or annoyed at something? Or indignant, motivated to lay the smack down, what have you?

Like today, I saw proof that someone had been playin games with me. I knew he had, and although wasn't surprised, was fired up at the evidence. And while I wouldn't describe waht I felt as anger, in an unhealthy, destructive way, more like "Ah geez ENTP anger energy...look whos gotta lay it down now." F you, with a smile on my face, as I know your self assurance will go down like the Titanic.

What this means is, not that I will retaliate by doing anything extra, other than being my badass self, in complete control over my opinion of you. If anything, i will take more care to be badass in my natural though amplified state, while at the same time being conscious of it, because I have that capability; and to let them see it. Thats my version of retaliation. All I hve to do is be my f'ing self, in my kosherist manner, knowing that somehow or another, it will come back around with me on top. Because I know, that "you" want me dangling, and i will take the figurative safety wire and lasso you with it

and the feeler is struggling with all their puny might, to grab the steering wheel....its been weeks and i've been more or less indifferent to ever seeing the person again, and they are baffled...they refuse to belief i'm indifferent, and yet I no longer give them the opportunity to hang out. all of a sudden, they're visible online again. guess what, weeks will go by again. Lets see who gets to I dont give a flying f*ck first. 1 guess.

Ever have that inner drive to play a game, without investing yourself in the game, because you know you dont' have to, but you'er going to play all the same...its a kind of motivated "anger"..not anger-anger, but faux-anger. Putting the hammer down.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I cant understand what the deal is with this overcompensation on the ENTP forum. It seems like it's fake. I mean dude, we get it, you think you're awesome sauce, now move on.

No - so I get pissed when I discover someone was fucking with me. I don't let them know - I usually retaliate in an equal trade of hell.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I would advise you to consider being the bigger person and not play any sort of game with whoever has pissed you off. That can sometimes be difficult, I know.

But yes, when I really want to retaliate with someone I typically know how to get to their deep insecurities.

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
I cant understand what the deal is with this overcompensation on the ENTP forum. It seems like it's fake. I mean dude, we get it, you think you're awesome sauce, now move on.

No - so I get pissed when I discover someone was fucking with me. I don't let them know - I usually retaliate in an equal trade of hell.
Over..compen..sating..?
For what?
Honestly. What would I compensate for? The average size is 5.2 or something.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I thought this thread was gonna be about urination cause of the name :p

When it comes to anger, I mainly am focused on getting what I want in the most efficient way possible. As a rule of thumb I avoid yelling and screaming, as it's counterproductive in most situations. Although I come across situations that make me feel angry sometimes, I've learned it's best to take some.time.to think it through, come up with a plan to resolve the issue, and then do it.

The most first conflict resolution tactic I use is pure logic. In some cases, though, that doesn't work. In those cases I make the other person feel guilty. Manipulation is a powerful tool. Just gotta be sure no one ever realizes that you're manipulative.

There is only one person I know who is good at pissing me off on a regular basis, and he does it cause he enjoys busting people's balls. But his weakness is that he wants attention. So if I want him to shut up about something, I take an action that completely takes him out of the picture. Today he was being a pain in the ass about giving me a ride home, so I pretended to call a taxi, and then he all of a sudden said "lets go". Mission accomplished.

·
Banned
492 Posts
The only people who have ever gotten me to go into rage mode like that is my family. God help the person out of my family who could puss me off.

When the shit hits the fan, I remove all of my "nice guy" boundaries, and go for the throat. I will just use a series of truthful and insulting attacks, and use blatant sarcasm. This usually ends in my mom crying and contemplating suicide, or my ESTJ father roaring something incoherently in a high pitched voice. Once in a ling long while, I might go fuckin crazy and end the life of a door, which happened the last time.

Just those things that annoy you so much for so long that you get sick of. That's why only my family can get me angry like that. The best thing for you to do is to just ignore whoever pissed you off. If you plan some kind of pre meditated revenge, people will think you're crazy.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Most of my anger emulates from my lack of patience and impulsivity. Just this morning I was so enraged by a driver who had nine opportunities to make a left turn but decided to wait until the road was completely empty, that I was seriously tempted to plow into her vehicle. I realize this anger is not situational but an expression of my frustration with most people in my life.

There is nothing that angers me more than Missouri drivers… and people who lack communication skills. I had a roommate who was unable to comprehend simple objective statements. This roommate refused to turn off her repulsive television in the middle of the night before my exams. I asked her repeatedly to turn off the show and she called me conceited. The following day I confronted her about the situation, mind you, I was very polite and straightforward, and she refused to listen, again. Despite the fact I asked her every night to be respectful, I ended up sleeping elsewhere the entire week, and it took every ounce of my strength not retaliate.

Lately I’ve been struggling a lot with anger and patience. Due to exams and work, I haven’t been able to accomplish many of my personal goals, and I have few satisfying friendships because of my inability to connect with others my age.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I feel that "I remove all of my 'nice guy' boundaries" was the best description so far

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Pissed in the UK is intoxicated with alcohol.

I can be very entertaining then, just before I fall over. Arguably that is also entertaining.....

....I don't do revenge, really. Dammit though, I just remembered I did, only this week.Someone f*cked me over for a very important job 15 years ago. Now they are nominated for something nationally important that I got to vote on. There were 5 candidates and I had four votes. I voted for all the others.

Bit petty, really. *shrug*

·
Registered
651 Posts
Most of my anger emulates from my lack of patience and impulsivity.
^^^ Usually my lack of patience/irritability stems from an internal issue that somehow gets projected out into the real world. I don't know why it works like this but luckily those bad days are few in number.
A lot of people are inconsiderate and slow, true, but we can't change the way they are, only the way we can work around them. :wink:

I don't get pissed that often, but I'm not afraid to lay the smack down when I find it's well-deserved.

·
Banned
293 Posts
When i'm annoyed I have no problem saying it, but when I'm really angry, I feel a bit paralysed by it - and as much as I'd love to say I turn into a 10 foot Chuck Norris with the verbosity of Oscar Wilde...I don't. I just stew until I get over it lol :p

·
Banned
459 Posts
Unless it serves a purpose(or I simply feel like feeling, to mix things up), I quench any anger in its infancy, and start working on the cause for my anger, or if it's irreversible, I start repairs. Acting up mindlessly for no proper reason is just primitive.

Anger's a tool, though, if you can't use it for something productive, put it away. But some times, it serves a function in social settings.

I remember back when I was still in charge of conscripts, and I was instructor to a group of recruits, at times they could grow inept from complacency, and you needed to scare them to keep them on their toes.

Once, they'd spent half a goddamn hour setting up a tent, and they were near comatose walking about. So I lit all fuses and ate them raw. After that, we finished the tent and had boiling water for the meal within ten minutes. They were pretty cowed for a while, though, hahaha

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Let down the "nice guy" boundaries is a great way to put it. You mess with me to a high enough extent, you see how fucking awesome I am in the situation, and how you're a tiny little mushroom I step on and eat in stew.

Reactions: Armed Politicker
1 - 13 of 13 Posts