Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My question is, how to know when ENTP is showing just platonic interest in you, and when it's something more? Are never-ending questions any indicator?

·
Registered
153 Posts
My question is, how to know when ENTP is showing just platonic interest in you, and when it's something more? Are never-ending questions any indicator?
My best friend of 30 years is an ENTP. "Never-ending questions" just seem like his normal mode of operation.

Of course, as an INTJ we're extremely socially compatible. I've seen him be openly hostile to people, as well as extremely manipulative. When he's being his "professional self", he does ask questions, but always with the intent to strike. He tries to trap you into saying something stupid and then smacks you with the insult he had in mind when he first asked the question, like a rope-a-dope with a brutal 1-2 punch.

I assume the series of questions aren't used to deliver cruelty, but are designed to disect your thoughts and pick apart your personality? If that's the case, then your ENTP is definitely interested in you.

My buddy and I spend most of our time trying to figure out how our friends tic, as well as each other. It's kind of our favorite past-time, and it drives our friends and our wives crazy.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don't know about that. As an ENTP, I love exploring other peoples ideas with them. So I end up asking questions non stop.

ENTPs are typical extroverts We show interest in exactly the same way all extroverts do. If he/she uses any excuse: to hang out with you, to sit close to you in a group of friends, to get you alone for no reason at all, he/she is interested.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,533 Posts
If he's asking you a series of never-ending questions, he's interested. We like to know as much as we can about how people think and act. We like to try and put ourselves in other perspectives and try to see the way you see. If he's spending time with you and enjoys interacting with you, he's interested in you. ENTPs tend to like to have "mental sex" with others almost as much as we like actual sex.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
You can't tell on the basis of MB type. Curiosity doesn't necessarily entail romantic interest.

·
Registered
21 Posts
From what I observed if an ENTP keeps coming back to you and says nothing then they like you a lot with total respect and admiration. If you look at an ENTP and they blush on more than one occasion -they like you a lot and not platonically either .

·
Banned
4,281 Posts
Typically, I am contentious with people I like at first.
I do not remember a time where I just asked a bunch of
arbitrary questions of someone. That was not something I did or do.

If someone is a challenge. If I get short/sarcastic with them or
ridicule them in jest. That usually means I respect them and like them.

Strange but true. Dont know why.

I have never been privy to ga ga style falling in love either so
I dont really grab onto that side of it either.

If I did ask a bunch of questions of someone akin to what
most would consider romantic interest face value heart noise stuff?
It would have been because I believed that would get me to a level
with that person that I wanted to be at. So it would be a tactic to an end
game. Certainly not because I actually wanted to hear the answers. Or
even care about the answers for that matter.

I love to talk and explore with people but a larger portion of that
time is speaking in hypotheticals and shooting around ideas as a
unit. Not so much a one sided affair.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts