Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always kind of liked the idea of writing songs but it never seems to work out for me. Something about being a fundamentally happy person, I think. :p But I'm curious if there are any ENTP songwriters out there, and what kind of lyrics you write? Famous examples would be cool too. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I'm a song writer.
And this is gonna make me sound like a sociopath, but just roll with it.
I write about what I think I should be feeling and force myself to articulate it. Sometimes I have trouble really feeling anything...I go numb a lot, so I use songs to play out that lack of emotion.
Or I'll write about a hypothetical situation that I think would be interesting to explore.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Inaugural post here--how ya doin--literally googled this and wanted to share--I don't care that this is from like 4 years ago.

Anyway, I play lots of guitar, and in high school i wrote about 50 songs. Mind you most of these were not complete, maybe I'd have lyrics done or chords done or a little bit of both, but I did have a few that were pretty complete. By the next year I'd pretty much chucked them all in the trash--not literally I have them on a hard-drive somewhere--but the point is I don't remember what they say and they probably aren't very good.

I still play lots of guitar, and I still like to flirt with the idea of song-writing. The issue for me, as I assume it would be for many ENTPs, is that I never know when something is "good" enough. This goes for both lyrics and chords. I find myself struggling to commit to one strumming pattern when it is only marginally different from a different one. It just doesn't make a big difference for me. Also, I know that if I'll have any chance at success, I have to write the song quickly because unless I absolutely love what I have so far, I am unlikely to keep it up.

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
I play guitar and write songs... w/ song lyrics I feel I tend to write love songs I think because w/ lyrics everything seems so corny ..except love songs it's suppose to be corny so it works

1 - 7 of 7 Posts