Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 434 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell me what ENTP stereotypes you have heard of. This is in no way an attack on ENTP's. This thread just gives awareness to the stereotypes of the ENTP personality.

Here is my list of ENTP stereotypes..

1.) Unethical
2.) Joker
3.) No feelings
4.) Cocky
5.) Not romantic
6.) Shocker (Gets their kicks from seeing peoples reaction)
7.) Trolls
8.) Rarely serious
9.) Funny
10.) Narcissistic

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Tell me what ENTP stereotypes you have heard of. This is in no way an attack on ENTP's. This thread just gives awareness to the stereotypes of the ENTP personality.

Here is my list of ENTP stereotypes..

1.) Unethical
2.) Joker
3.) No feelings
4.) Cocky
5.) Not romantic
6.) Shocker (Gets their kicks from seeing peoples reaction)
7.) Trolls
8.) Rarely serious
9.) Funny
10.) Narcissistic

1) •
2) •
3) ¼
4) •
5) °
6) •
7) •
8) Online: • IRL: ½
9) •
10)

Those are the qualities I have from the above :p the clear o means incorrect, and I'm sure you can figure out the fractions.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
:mellow:
ummm....
wow.
no...

Reactions: poniesalmon

·
Registered
257 Posts
1.) Unethical - Depends on what
2.) Joker - Yes
3.) No feelings - I feel...love, hate, sorrow, boredom, ect.
4.) Cocky - And I'm a vain little fucker too
5.) Not romantic - WRONG, I hate to admit it but I'm a sucker for romance...
6.) Shocker (Gets their kicks from seeing peoples reaction) - Absolutely Correct
7.) Trolls - Ummm, no
8.) Rarely serious - I'm serious when I need to be...other than that, no
9.) Funny - True
10.) Narcissistic - True

·
Registered
398 Posts
1.) Unethical----------------------------:laughing:
2.) Joker-------------------------------:laughing:
3.) No feelings-----------------------:happy:
4.) Cocky--------------------------------:laughing:
5.) Not romantic------------------------:happy:
6.) Shocker (Gets their kicks from seeing peoples reaction)-----------:laughing:
7.) Trolls------------------------------:frustrating:
8.) Rarely serious----------------------------:happy:
9.) Funny---------------------------:laughing:
10.) Narcissistic-----------------------:happy:

I hope you can understand my system of smileys.

·
Registered
18 Posts
1.) Unethical -------- I have a tinge of aristrocraticy in me that my mom instilled in me.
2.) Joker -------- Yup. I love entertaining! Drama (acting) comes easily to me.
3.) No feelings ------ Eeps. I'm kind of a 50/50 on T and F
4.) Cocky -------- Not very much.
5.) Not romantic -------- I'm really
6.) Shocker (Gets their kicks from seeing peoples reaction) ------- Yes! No matter what reaction.
7.) Trolls -------- When the right time strikes! On the internet only though. Not a fan of the 'boy who cried wolf' story.
8.) Rarely serious -------- I'm even serious on the internet sometimes : ( (Eeps again)
9.) Funny --------- I laugh at my own dry humor. Go figure.
10.) Narcissistic --------- *nods head frantically*

Yes, I'm a female, that's why my T and F are balanced.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Uh... I was supposed to write "If all of this is true, then you guys are the shit"... I just forgot to write part of that ...

But yeah, I love you guys already, and I haven't met any of you IRL =(

·
Registered
257 Posts
My best friend is an INTP and I love her to death. So yea, agree with Wolfie, you guys are the shit (too).

·
Registered
44 Posts
1.) Unethical - I have some ethics
2.) Joker - Yeah, I would say so...
3.) No feelings - Nah, I got feelings - mostly boredom
4.) Cocky - More smug I'd say
5.) Not romantic - Not so much
6.) Shocker (Gets their kicks from seeing peoples reaction) - Sometimes, mostly on the net
7.) Trolls - But...but...it's not MY fault that people respond! They can't seem to help it!
8.) Rarely serious - I'd say 65-70% of the time I'm a goofball
9.) Funny - Maybe quirky is a better word!
10.) Narcissistic - Just a tad, just a tad. I'm not evil or anything though!

·
Registered
60 Posts
1.) Unethical - on the odd occasion, I weigh up the entertainment versus ethics a little bit. Throwing rocks at cows... um no, telling an old preaching looney that their religion is a waste of time, yes
2.) Joker - I'm not really much of a clown, I'm just a bit of a fruitloop
3.) No feelings - Anyone can feel
4.) Cocky - not at all, I think...
5.) Not romantic - Kinda
6.) Shocker - Depends on who's reactions and what I have to do to get them, driving like a freak is usually good fun
7.) Trolls - Accidentally maybe, but not on purpose.
8.) Rarely serious - I have the ocassional burst of seriousness, I'll learn some maths, or work out something important (usually accompanied with a huge AH HA! moment)
9.) Funny - yup. Depends on the people involved though.
10.) Narcissistic - Oh totally

I was expecting more detailed stereotypes than this really. I found four interesting descriptions labeled under social roles, which were admittedly Socionics ILE, but they're basically the same thing:

1. The debater who will argue about anything with anyone.
  2. The career guru who is constantly building his already lengthy resume through the planned acquisition of relevant experience.
  3. The clown who is always being silly and frivolous.
  4. The outgoing nerd who makes jokes about things like parabolas, loves gadgets and wears things like fisherman's vests to work and to parties because all the pockets are convenient for holding stuff.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Whatever happened to visionary and entrepreneur? Honestly, some of that sounds true, but a few of those stereotypes are supposed to be for the ENTP at their worst. At our best, we should have ethics, feelings, and not be overly narcissistic.

Ok, I lied about that feeling part, but it sounded good

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
My imaginary friend has most of these qualities. I'm glad I typed her correctly.
One of my best friends is an ENTP, too.

So, yeah. Whoever said ENTPs are the shit were correct.:proud:

·
Registered
2 Posts
1.) Unethical - I'm not exactly unethical. Immoral maybe - I distinguish between ethics and morality as ethics being a code of acceptable behaviour, and morality being a list of good and bad. I deem certain behaviours unacceptable, and I have my criteria for judging and limiting my actions, they just aren't as strict as other peoples, nor are they centred around any holy book or social conformism or somesuch.
2.) Joker - yes.
3.) No feelings - I have feelings! And I feel them too.
4.) Cocky - a little.
5.) Not romantic - Absolutely untrue, I'm very romantic.
6.) Shocker (Gets their kicks from seeing peoples reaction) - a little.
7.) Trolls - How very dare you! (j/k) I hate the very thought of trolls.
8.) Rarely serious - tragically, this is true :laughing:
9.) Funny - taken as read
10.) Narcissistic - well you would be too if you were as great as me

Oh, and "the outgoing nerd who makes jokes about things like parabolas, loves gadgets and wears things like fisherman's vests to work and to parties because all the pockets are convenient for holding stuff" completely describes me two years ago. So yeah.

Actually, any kind of simplification or categorisation of one unique personality is surely a stereotype to some extent, so just calling oneself ENTP is self-stereotyping, no? The basis of language and human thought is the categorisation and grouping of similar phenomena, and that necessitates a certain simplification that may not be accurate in all cases, hat is a stereotype. But don't think I'm criticising. I'm probably just being argumentative for the sake of it, like any ENTP :proud:

·
Registered
580 Posts
1.) Unethical - no. But then again, what is ethical?
2.) Joker - yes.
3.) No feelings - except when I'm excited, really pissed off, or in my deepest exaggerated despair.
4.) Cocky - ehh, yeah....:wink:
5.) Not romantic - never had the chance
6.) Shocker (Gets their kicks from seeing peoples reaction) - true, even when I'm consciously trying not to be. Whenever I'm around minorities I always have this urge to be racist (although I'm actually not) because I know the white people around them will get all worked up about it.
7.) Trolls
8.) Rarely serious - true.
9.) Funny - yeah.
10.) Narcissistic - I've got to love my self (because no one else will!)

·
Registered
87 Posts
1.) Unethical: What the fuck? I am never quite sure about this one. Unorthodox, but not unethical. Rude, yes, but not unethical. Badass, yes, but not unethical.
2.) Joker: Absofuckinglutely!
3.) No feelings: Oh contraire. I have feelings. They sometimes just take a long time to surface and I rarely make decisions based on them. But, cripes, I still have them. They just don't drive me.
4.) Cocky: I have my moments.
5.) Not romantic: I am with the right person. That's been rare. And I hate getting flowers and cards.
6.) Shocker (Gets their kicks from seeing peoples reaction): Absofuckinglutely! This is probably my most favourite of all things in life.
7.) Trolls: I have been known to do it.
8.) Rarely serious: Huh?????????????
9.) Funny: I like to think so. I like to laugh and find it highly satisfying to make other people laugh. And because I am so shameless I typically make people laugh the hardest when I am making fun of myself.
10.) Narcissistic: I am a pretty self-focused, but I work hard at doing unto others.

·
Registered
2 Posts
1.) Unethical - -
2.) Joker - Kind of.
3.) No feelings - Can't agree.
4.) Cocky - Sometimes.
5.) Not romantic - Yes/No
6.) Shocker - Yes
7.) Trolls - Yes
8.) Rarely serious - Totally depends on the situation.
9.) Funny - Yes, but others don't agree. :<
10.) Narcissistic - Slightly.

·
Registered
397 Posts
1,235,634. if you get the square root of this number then convert it into it's binary equivalent, the first 10 digits corresponds to how i did on the list. the 1's are yeses and 0's are no's of course. i'm sure you guys can see my system it's pretty simple.

1 - 20 of 434 Posts