Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1. Do you have a hard time forgiving yourself?

2. Do you find it easy to forgive others?

3. Do you tend to overanalyze things?

4. Does it make you very sad to see people close to you fail (not in the sense that you're let down by them but more that you wish there was something you could do to help them)?

5. Do you feel more pain for others than they feel themselves?

6. Deleted

7. Do you let people push you around too much? Do you care when people use you?

8. Can you tell when someone is manipulating you? How do you react inwardly and outwardly?

9. Do you come up with ideas and then explore each one very thuroughly, comparing them until you've made clear distinctions and patterns?

10. Are you bubbly? Do others think of you as an extrovert?

11. Do you get stressed when you think about the corruption that many people knowingly accept and participate in?

12. Are you eccentric?

13. How well do you tolerate small talk?

14. Do you wish people would cut to the chase or draw things out?

15. Are you energized by nature, water, wind, ect?

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
For the big stuff, maybe not; but on day to day issues, no problem.

Sure, but most people's actions don't bug me generally.

Only about things I care about. Once upon a time, that would have been the opposite sex. Nowadays, no.

4. Does it make you very sad to see people close to you fail (not in the sense that you're let down by them but more that you wish there was something you could do to help them)?
Sure, unless they set themselves to fail, or they were acting maliciously.

Probably not.

I give way pretty easy, but it's because I generally don't care, so I'm not so much pushed around as "have nothing better to do, so might as well help"

8. Can you tell when someone is manipulating you? How do you react inwardly and outwardly?
Emotionally manipulate? Yeah, I tend to regard it with a little bit of contempt, which causes my emotions to shut down.

9. Do you come up with ideas and then explore each one very thuroughly, comparing them until you've made clear distinctions and patterns?
If it interest me, sure. my attention span isn't infinite however.

Bubbly and extroverted, yep. I like audiences.

11. Do you get stressed when you think about the corruption that many people knowingly accept and participate in?
Nope. I understand we're all flawed, plus I consider some level of corruption to be neccessary to get stuff done anyway. Harsh enforcement of rules worries me more than lax enforcement (in the OECD, anyway)

12. Are you eccentric?
Guurdle burble?

I can appreciate it, but I like big topic talks more.

If they're trying to get something done, cut to the chase. If it's small talk, feel free to fill out the details if it's your thing.

Heat and humidity tends to drain me, and sunlight's not my favorite, but otherwise, yes

·
Registered
651 Posts
If my actions unintentionally harm others (or any entity outside myself really), then yes.

Yes, if I believe their sincerity. If I don't, I will still let an issue go, but I will remember that instance and recall it within a moment's notice.

Sometimes, depending on the vagueness of a situation.

Yes, but mostly because I can empathize. I don't think failure is always that bad.

I have no idea.. probably not.

6. Deleted
Fine then.

Hell no, but I will test people on their uses of me just to see how far they will go.

Almost always. My awareness of it is almost like a defense mechanism, if the tactics used are intended to hurt me, then I won't feel hurt. If the tactics are obvious and not used very well, I just laugh.. Otherwise I might play along.

I like to, but more often than not an idea will manifest random thoughts or questions which then tend to distract me haha.

Generally I am a bubbly person around other bubbly people. Others ask me if I'm upset when I'm being introverted lol (which isn't usually the case).

No, it just pisses me off.

12. Are you eccentric?
Definitely.

It depends on if it's automated or not.

It depends on how long they intend to draw things out. I personally prefer to cut to the chase.

Most definitely! Unfortunately the heat gets so bad here in TX that I go outside less during the summer. I enjoy the natural elements though.

·
Registered
280 Posts
If I feel like my actions are affecting myself or others in a negative way it can be a bit hard, yeah. But I try to move on and not get too hung up about it.

No, generally other people's actions don't really bother me at all.

3. Do you tend to overanalyze things? Yes, if I think something matters I will over-analyze it to the point of obsession. Other times, I just don't care.

Yes, it's one of the worst feelings.

Sometimes I think I do...I hate it though, it's not like it's going to help or anything. >.<

6. Deleted

I'm pretty easy going most of the time. However, generally I can't stand to be controlled in any way.

Oh yes, I can tell. I can see right through it. I might possibly let someone push me around if they're up front about it, but /never/ if they're trying to manipulate me. Ever. End of story. However if I notice someone trying to manipulate me, I won't address it directly...if I feel like they're competent at it (i.e. not just making an idiot of themselves), I'll see it as a game I intend to win, if not, I'll just laugh and ignore it.

Yes, it's what makes people see me as so indecisive.

It depends, sometimes I'm very reserved...other times I'm a little too...er, bubbly, for lack of a better word. I make the ESFP's in the room cringe. xD

Meh, no. It's a messed up place, getting stressed about it's not going to help.

12. Are you eccentric?
That would be the diplomatic way to put it...usually people refer to me as weird or completely insane.

It's a game...and I can play it. I don't see much point in it though...

Most of the time people take way to long to get to the point.

Sometimes...it makes me feel free.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Depends on how well I can justify the action. If it was something like a slip of the tongue (which is usually is) I'm fairly good at forgiving myself.

If I can justify their actions, I usually have no trouble forgiving.

Haha of course

Oh yes. I always feel bad for those people, it's really hard when my close friends are sad and there's nothing I can do to help them.

No, I don't think so at all.

6. Deleted

It depends on how their pushing me. I can reach my limit pretty fast if it's too extreme. If someones using me for something that isnt in my advantage yes I care.

Usually it's pretty obvious, I'm good at picking up on who I can and can't trust. If it's something that's bad for me, I'll be so resistant they wont make progress.

Yes

No and it's half and half with people thinking I'm extroverted.

Yes I always get mad at politicians and cops fucking people over.

12. Are you eccentric?
People say I'm weird, I don't think so

I don't mind small talk. It depends on who the small talk is with.

It's easier to figure out a situation if it's more detailed, so I can get both sides.

Not really, but if a deer scares the shit out of me yes I am energized by that.

Reactions: KokuroNya

·
Banned
3,025 Posts

I am very resistant to shame, so I tend to externalize blame rather than direct it at myself. I'm capable of understanding where I went wrong in a cognitive sense, I definitely have done things I regret, but very rarely would it get to the point of asking for any kind of absolution, internal or external.

Depends on what they did. I can let minor things go, but if it's something I consider significant, I can hold a grudge for a very, very long time, even if I dealt with it in the moment.

Yeah, I just spent a good 2 minutes overanalyzing this question. Came to the right conclusion in the end, so all's well that ends well.

Hmm... I'd say yes. However, I usually do give them advice, so it's not as if I didn't do anything to help them along,

No.

6. Deleted

Potato.

No, I have a noted streak of defiance that I'm quite proud of. Getting pushed around isn't a problem for me. I can tell if someone is using me, and I usually only go along if I see utility in it.

I tend to regard any attempt to use emotions to persuade me as a manipulation attempt, and I always treat them with disdain, spelling out exactly what they're doing, why I won't do it, and how stupid they are for even trying it. I don't defer to my own emotions to make decisions, why would I use yours?

Yes.

I most certainly am. Course, there are a million sides to me that most people don't get to see.

No, when I'm stressed I think about how much I hate everyone around me (even if I don't really).

12. Are you eccentric?

HAHA! 'Course I am.

I don't. I usually turn it into something else. Nobody seems to like small talk, so why engage in it? It just seems pointless to me, and most people tend to agree.

Initially, I want them to cut to the chase. After the basic premise has been established, then we can talk at length about its implications.

I'm energized by anything that expresses vitality, so massive storms, enormous fires, anything with a lot of highly-charged, electrified force, power, and expression will draw me into it. It's almost like I embody such things, like I have a current of energy that gets activated whenever primal, raw energy is on display.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Sometimes, especially for stupid shit that I feel like I should have seen coming.

No, unless I already like them.

Sometimes? What the fuck, these questions are really vague.

Not really. I get pissed off rather than sad.

No.

Only for mutual benefit, and especially if I think I'm getting the better deal.

Everyone manipulates. I react accordingly.

I'm an ENTP, not an INTJ.

I can be... stupid question though.

Sometimes. I think about how to fix it though.

12. Are you eccentric?
Definitely.

It has its uses.

Sometimes? Context, context, context. Otherwise stupid question.

15. Are you energized by nature, water, wind, etc.?
What the fuck does this mean?

<3 ~ From your most loving milky spill.

·
Registered
131 Posts
1. Do you have a hard time forgiving yourself? Not at all.

2. Do you find it easy to forgive others? Yes.

3. Do you tend to overanalyze things? Yep.

4. Does it make you very sad to see people close to you fail (not in the sense that you're let down by them but more that you wish there was something you could do to help them)? Not really.

5. Do you feel more pain for others than they feel themselves? Definitely not.

6. Deleted

7. Do you let people push you around too much? Do you care when people use you? No, I don't let people use me or push me around. I usually find myself in control of situations.

8. Can you tell when someone is manipulating you? How do you react inwardly and outwardly? Yes, I avoid manipulative people.

9. Do you come up with ideas and then explore each one very thuroughly, comparing them until you've made clear distinctions and patterns? Indeed. But only my really good ideas. And I am getting bored so I need a new good idea to distract me from my boredom.

10. Are you bubbly? Do others think of you as an extrovert? People that don't know me well seem to think I'm this insane attention grabbing extrovert, but I can be a little difficult to get to know.

11. Do you get stressed when you think about the corruption that many people knowingly accept and participate in? No. I honestly don't see how thinking about that could be at all stressful.

12. Are you eccentric? Yeah, a little bit.

13. How well do you tolerate small talk? Small talk is pointless conversation in my opinion. I hate those conversations, and I find it a slight struggle to make good small talk. I am much better in a discussion that requires a higher level of thinking.

14. Do you wish people would cut to the chase or draw things out? I don't know! What if the cutting to the chase part is something horrifying? Maybe drag it out. Depends on the situation.

15. Are you energized by nature, water, wind, act? I can't say that I am, no.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I'm energized by anything that expresses vitality, so massive storms, enormous fires, anything with a lot of highly-charged, electrified force, power, and expression will draw me into it. It's almost like I embody such things, like I have a current of energy that gets activated whenever primal, raw energy is on display.
You should have seen the thunderstorm that rolled through Houston last night!! I was electrified :D

·
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
5,110 Posts
1. Do you have a hard time forgiving yourself? No

2. Do you find it easy to forgive others? Sometimes

3. Do you tend to overanalyze things? No

4. Does it make you very sad to see people close to you fail (not in the sense that you're let down by them but more that you wish there was something you could do to help them)? Yes

5. Do you feel more pain for others than they feel themselves? Sometimes

6. Deleted

7. Do you let people push you around too much? Do you care when people use you? No; Yes

8. Can you tell when someone is manipulating you? How do you react inwardly and outwardly? Yes; with aggression

9. Do you come up with ideas and then explore each one very thuroughly, comparing them until you've made clear distinctions and patterns? No, I just sort of do things

10. Are you bubbly? Do others think of you as an extrovert? No; Sometimes (I'm not the stereotypical extrovert)

11. Do you get stressed when you think about the corruption that many people knowingly accept and participate in? No, it's a fact of life

12. Are you eccentric? Yes

13. How well do you tolerate small talk? Pretty well depending on my mood

14. Do you wish people would cut to the chase or draw things out? Cut to the chase, always

15. Are you energized by nature, water, wind, ect? Yes, especially water

·
Banned
459 Posts
@KokuroNya

I don't really believe in forgiveness.

Same as #1

Do you mean as in reading too much into things? Not in my experience, although it would be hard to tell, in case I'm deluding myself.

Depends. Most of the time, I'm glad they get the opportunity to learn from their mistakes. If it's really bad, though, and on top is my own shortcoming and not just wholly theirs, I find it regrettable.

Very rarely.

I'm a bit too cynical and egocentric to let people get away with that, most of the time.

Most times I can tell who's capable of manipulation, and who's willing and motivated to do it to me. These people usually never get favours from me. I've been called unreasonable more than once for distrusting people I think are tricksters.

I don't really systematically employ pattern recognition, it just happens, is the only way I know to describe it. I think of an idea, and my head simply floods with connections to other ideas.

I can be. And yes, to an extreme degree.

What?

12. Are you eccentric?
Yes.

I'm its king.

Depends on who and what. Rhetoric entertains me, but so does truth.

What?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Absolutely not. When I do something I would need to forgive myself for, I replay the situation enough times to get a better solution, make a mental note of it, then move on. After that, my process is over and no longer feel any guilt or anything like that.

To forgive others, you must first subscribe to an idea that I do not entertain. That idea is, "someone can do something that isn't them, without extreme duress." If there is extreme duress, there is no reason for me to forgive the other person. They did what they had to do. Without that duress, the human was just being themselves. Nothing for me to forgive. If someone "wrongs" me in some way, it was my fault for giving them the opportunity. Once you lose the ownership, you lose the power to do better next time. I have never forgiven anyone because I have never had to. I have been wronged plenty of times (as everyone has), but I took ownership and made sure it didn't happen again. Refer to question 1. Also, who am I to forgive anyone? I'm no deity nor am I a mirror.

Unfortunately. I am working harder to avoid this, but it is a long process...-_-

More frustrated than sad. Especially if I had a solution to the problem. I have a family member who has gone down a rougher path than necessary, but I hope she learns from it. Sad is definitely not the term I'd use lol.

No. Physically, maybe. When someone talks about knee surgery for example, my knees start hurting really badly. I have never had knee surgery, just the idea gives me the creeps! Emotionally, no. I am usually the one to say, "Let's go do something to not dwell on this!" or "Suck it up you girl!" depending on the person and the situation. If I caused the pain, I sit down and explain why I did what I did and try to talk it out.

6. Deleted
I have never been more curious in my life to know what this question was. That is actually quite the lie!

I probably let family push me around too much, but average people, nope. I stand up for justice rather than mercy. As far as caring when people use me, it depends on who is using me and for what. If it is a good friend or family member using me for something innocuous in nature, why would I care? If it is someone I don't know trying to use me for something nefarious, yea I have a problem with that. The rest is a sliding scale.

I had a very emotionally manipulative mother, which has allowed me to spot emotional manipulation from a mile away. I called my mom on her emotional manipulation one time and she said, "What else does a mother have in her arsenal besides love and guilt trips??" I just had to laugh. Outwardly, I stay calm and act enthralled. Draw them in, let them think it's working. Then I put up a last minute block that must be overcome, which usually the manipulator is willing to do. So now, they have done something for me instead. Inwardly, I'm laughing the whole time.

Ha! NOPE! I come up with lots of ideas and explore them all haphazardly until I'm satisfied, which means some are well thought out with details planned, and others....aren't XD. As far as pattern recognition goes, I wish I could answer that. It would help me teach it to kids a lot more effectively, but I just don't know how I do it. The pattern just kind of comes from nowhere and sticks in my brain.

I am quite bubbly and I think 95% of my friends would consider me a massive extrovert by using the social definition. When I'm out, I usually talk to a bunch of people because I get bored otherwise. I leave conversations mid sentence if I'm too bored XD.

Stressed is again the wrong word. When I think about all the illegal corruption that happens, I get a bit....upset? When I think about the more prominent legal corruption, I have no choice but to laugh. They beat the system, or make the rules. Either way, they won. Good game.

12. Are you eccentric?
Extremely.

Better than most of the ENTPs on this forum from what I have read. It really depends on the topic. Talk about the weather, and after 3 sentences, I'm bored. Talk about the origin of life on Earth, or sign language and chimps, I'm all ears!

Depends on the situation. In the IDEAL situation, I'd like to hear things drawn out. The ideal situation is, I'm interested, I have all the time in the world, and I like the person. If all 3 of these things are not met, cut to the chase so I can react.

Umm, not really. Texas has too sporadic of weather to plan for outdoor activities. I like nature and find massive amounts of beauty in it, but for now, no. In a more temperate location, perhaps!

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
-No, not really. But I'm very self-critical
-Yup, usually
-Depends on the thing. On things I care about, my brain doesn't shut up about for weeks
-Yeah, I mean I feel bad for them if they put in effort and wish I could help... but I definitely don't beat myself over it.
-.... I have no idea.
6. Deleted
...Deteled
Nope, not at all actually. As for letting them use me to get something, it's because I honestly don't care that they are.
-Yes, I can. I start brainfucking with them.
-Depends on what it is. Usually it's more along the lines of 'Hm, idea! Compares, see if it fits, analysis for a while.... (5 minutes later) Hm, new-completely-unrelated idea!'
-.... I wouldn't use the word bubbly. I make a lot of weird noises but not in the 'bubbly' way. Most people would probably consider me an introvert, possibly even shy... until I open my mouth and bombs go off.
Not stressed... I honestly don't expect any better from them.
12. Are you eccentric?
-YES. In just about every way possible.
-I just ask random questions and hope it leads to some interesting philosophical conversation.
-I like when people cut to the chase.
- Yes, I love long walks on the beach.
la di da di la di da di la di da di DAAAAA

·
Registered
283 Posts
Not usually. But I have a hard time forgetting.

Yes; granted as long as they apologize or if my issue with them was something completely stupid and/or irrational

3. Do you tend to over-analyze things?
Yes. Bad memories, my feelings, and how best to react when others are mad at me & I'm just really confused about the situation

No. I someone I loved failed at something and me helping them would be to their benefit (in the sense that it would help build their character) then I would help. Why the heck would I sit there wishing? If it was not beneficial for me to help them, then they're going to learn from their own mistakes and I would continue to sleep well at night/early morning.

No. I can grieve for the pain of others, but I have never felt more pain for others than they felt for themselves. Why should I feel pain for something that the other party isn't even bugging about (especially when it's not my problem).

Define "push around". I tend to let people think I'm an idiot when I really don't care about their opinion, but after a while I'm like "OK, social experiment over. Time to shut your misconceptions down, painfully." But even when I'm being dumb, you can't get me to do things that I don't want to do. It's just not possible.

Yes (only my closest friends can manipulate me now and it's mostly because I put my guard down in their presence). I can catch it pretty early and when I do, inwardly, I'm either amused or irritated; how I react outwardly depends on the situation and my mood.

9. Do you come up with ideas and then explore each one very thoroughly, comparing them until you've made clear distinctions and patterns?
Not usually. I come up with an idea, reach a conclusion, and keep it moving — I have things to do (not really). But if it's a particularly interesting or difficult idea I tend to dwell until something newer and just as difficult comes along.

10a. Are you bubbly?
I just asked a friend this and she said "sometimes, but more often ur serious. especially when ur stressed. then u don't tolerate any loud noises or rudeness and u get very serious". There you go.

10b. Do others think of you as an extrovert?

Well I know I am. I get excited when I'm around people I like.

Irritated. Not stressed.

12. Are you eccentric?
Yes.....I think.

Not well at all. It's really bad.

Cut to the chase. I'm struggling with a book right now because it's not quite cutting to the chase.

15. Are you energized by nature, water, wind, etc?
Not in the traditional sense. Being around water (preferably moving water) is very relaxing and makes me daydream; which I find very energizing and relaxing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts