Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, buddies.

I'm concerned that I've been masquerading as one of you, when in actuality, I am not actually one of you. Just a good pretender.

http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-socionics-type/162534-voila-cest-ca.html#post4157953

This is my socionics typing form, and I also posted an MBTI typing form, linking to the same post.

I really want to know for sure. I've already gotten ENTP 3 times before through the questionnaires, but maybe this is because I can write well?

I'm a very insecure person, though I can look confident in front of strangers. Once people get into my inner circle, the confidence is no longer really there.

I know that I procrastinate, I make connections between disparate subjects, I'm imaginative, and can be quick-witted. I can't really see myself as a J-type-- My perceiving seems to be incredibly high. I look spaced out, absent-minded and scatterbrained a lot of the time, but also cheerful. Disorganized. The way I take in information, I almost never make judgments, and am very 'What-if' oriented.

I have a wide plethora of interests, hobbies, things I read about. I see self-education and classes as being very enjoyable.

I could see myself within any type, all of them have at least one or two things that I can identify with. Kinda like a horoscope.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Sounds ENTp, sounds ILE, sounds Alpha, sounds like me..thou I often doubt MBTI ENTP due to what Fi PolR is and how ENTPs are on this forum. Not a perfect match when it comes to certin ENTPs.

Introverted ethics: Place of least resistance

The ILE feels nervously in the sphere of human relations. He usually interprets his relations badly, therefore he allows relations to develop with care, he waits until he learns something for sure rather than assuming. Thus he behaves with restraint in front of people he doesn’t know.

He cannot always discern the state of another person; he may therefore offend others in the manner by which he expresses what he’s discovered for he doesn’t seem to take into account other’s feelings in regards to the situation. But this is never the consequence of evil intent, envy or arrogance. ILE simply believes that he is speaking about something objectively, and that the truth will not offend anyone…

ILE places vast value on the decency of a person. The criterion of decency, as a rule, is overstated. If someone seeks his company he assumes that mutual respect exists. He strongly suffers offense and injustice. He will not reconcile with others, unless the offender apologizes before him.

ILE frequently has a wide circle of friends. He loves to consider different problems with them. They, alongside reading, radio and television, provide him with an excellent source of information.
He establishes both for himself and others high standards of moral behavior. Is irreconcilable in his requirements, he does not pardon those that do not correspond. He is easily emotionally carried away by something, thus easily cooling to the previous object of interest. Is sometimes capable of victimizing others.
o.o I advise considering the functions & dichotomies carefully disregarding behaviour as type 3 & 7 would fit the stereotype of ENTP, but if one bases the type just on that one runs the risk of mistyping as ENTP while being ESTP or some other type.

I could still be EII so take this with a grain of salt, thou its useful to consider imo at least. There is always the WHAT IF at the end of everything...shitty open ended approach to everything..I'm cursed.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
Socionic elements can really be very different, many people do/can ''transfer'' type between systems and remain the same, but l wouldn't take a non ENTp suggestion to mean that you aren't an MBTI ENTP.

l would also take the feedback you get in that thread with a grain of salt for various reasons lol(possibly many grains of salt...possibly an extremely large mound of lithium).

Reactions: Word Dispenser

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds ENTp, sounds ILE, sounds Alpha, sounds like me..thou I often doubt MBTI ENTP due to what Fi PolR is and how ENTPs are on this forum. Not a perfect match when it comes to certin ENTPs.

o.o I advise considering the functions & dichotomies carefully disregarding behaviour as type 3 & 7 would fit the stereotype of ENTP, but if one bases the type just on that one runs the risk of mistyping as ENTP while being ESTP or some other type.

I could still be EII so take this with a grain of salt, thou its useful to consider imo at least. There is always the WHAT IF at the end of everything...shitty open ended approach to everything..I'm cursed.
I'm fucking cursed too, and I hate it.

I'm never going to be certain about this, it seems.

And there's an INTJ questioning that I'm an ENTP on this thread, and I'm really trying to give his analysis due consideration... I know my Fe is probably pretty strong for an ENTP, but I don't think it's that strong, especially because I offend people, and despite knowing social boundaries and rules, have a tendency to be a bit flippant about them. I do get emotionally carried away with things.. I identify with most of what you've written...

Socionic elements can really be very different, many people do/can ''transfer'' type between systems and remain the same, but l wouldn't take a non ENTp suggestion to mean that you aren't an MBTI ENTP.

l would also take the feedback you get in that thread with a grain of salt for various reasons lol(possibly many grains of salt...possibly an extremely large mound of lithium).
Lol, thank you. That's what I figured, too. :tongue: I'm thinking maybe of going along the ocean floor with a nano-fibre net that can capture the salt.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
I'm fucking cursed too, and I hate it.

I'm never going to be certain about this, it seems.

And there's an INTJ questioning that I'm an ENTP on this thread, and I'm really trying to give his analysis due consideration... I know my Fe is probably pretty strong for an ENTP, but I don't think it's that strong, especially because I offend people, and despite knowing social boundaries and rules, have a tendency to be a bit flippant about them. I do get emotionally carried away with things.. I identify with most of what you've written...
:laughing: not you too...who knows you better? You and your family or the INTJ based on his/her limited and short term observation of you on the forum? Something to seriously consider imo.

...what I just said is valid for me too, I know its not easy, but the INTJs chances of error are at least as high as your's. Xi-Te users seem sure of themselves, maybe they experience it internally as well, but they still might be wrong.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
Regardless of the advice, l think it's useful to remember that J/P can be a really insignificant dichotomy to base overall traits on when trying to type yourself. l just don't trust it, l'm sure people do notice a few universal traits with judgers and perceivers but it isn't as many as you would think.

Then, when you get into the area of disorders like ADHD and what an INxJ type with ADHD might look like, there's really no telling.

l've considered many types and l was much more confident in my type when l had less knowledge of the system...l find many people either become more confident in the system over time, or actually lose interest altogether when they see the flaws so for a few reasons, l've stopped looking for certainty regarding my type lol.

Socionics appeals to many people who lose faith in MBTI, l'm meaning to adopt it but am getting sidetracked constantly.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
For what it's worth, I think you are an ENTP.

The whole "insecure" thing is actually a sign of maturing. I know quite a few younger ENTPs that wear the mask of perfection in public, but are pretty insecure and not so confident in private. They are VERY good at hiding it.

I think once any NT type (it tends to be those NTs) finally realizes they are insecure, and thus start making themselves consciously more vulnerable, they are on their way to personal growth.

So hang in there!!

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
This all screams to me a late 20's entp female.
yoy are all about ne and the physical world with strong fe which is learned earlier in female entp than male entp.

i would think being married to an istj would be tough.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
This all screams to me a late 20's entp female.
yoy are all about ne and the physical world with strong fe which is learned earlier in female entp than male entp.

i would think being married to an istj would be tough.
Could not have said it better myself.

ENTP (especially women) kind of have it rough. Some, even in their late 30s, won't be fully developed.

It's because they live so much in their Ne mind, and only when they are in private do they let their Si mind out to play. This can lead to an ESTP feel when they are in public, and a very depressed introvert in private.

Life is all about balance. Like I said in my earlier post, try to consciously make yourself vulnerable to the world. It may not be easy, but so rewarding. You are not perfect, hate to break it to you. If you can get your Ne-Si to play along well together in public, you will be able to do the same in private as well, and life will be more fulfilling and enjoyable. Also, people will be A LOT less intimidated and more open to you. Guys will flock (but you're married though). Especially INFJ guys :p

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Could not have said it better myself.

ENTP (especially women) kind of have it rough. Some, even in their late 30s, won't be fully developed.

It's because they live so much in their Ne mind, and only when they are in private do they let their Si mind out to play. This can lead to an ESTP feel when they are in public, and a very depressed introvert in private.

Life is all about balance. Like I said in my earlier post, try to consciously make yourself vulnerable to the world. It may not be easy, but so rewarding. You are not perfect, hate to break it to you. If you can get your Ne-Si to play along well together in public, you will be able to do the same in private as well, and life will be more fulfilling and enjoyable. Also, people will be A LOT less intimidated and more open to you. Guys will flock (but you're married though). Especially INFJ guys :p
This makes a lot of sense. I'm 27, so, yeah. Late 20s.

Being vulnerable in public is.. Not going to be easy. Pretty intimidating to me actually. Particularly because I have some reservations about the public at large, due to past circumstances.. Annnnd... I don't know if they'll like me. :D

Oh, yes. @drmiller100 Relationship with my ISTJ is hugely challenging, but also hugely rewarding. I think he aids in my growth. Although sometimes I don't know if it's more challenging, or more rewarding.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts

Being vulnerable in public is.. Not going to be easy. Pretty intimidating to me actually. Particularly because I have some reservations about the public at large, due to past circumstances.. Annnnd... I don't know if they'll like me. :D

Oh, yes. And relationship with my ISTJ is hugely challenging, but also hugely rewarding. I think he aids in my growth.
You might surprise yourself ;)

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts

g.
That is not what he said or meant.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts