Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this in the INFJ forum... and I feel we need one too. Because I'm sick and tired of not having a specific thread to just lay it all out on... I don't wanna search for something related or open a new topic for one rant... Here we can spill it all... and nobody even has to reply. Worth a shot at least... mkthxbai.

·
Registered
953 Posts
God I hate people who just want to vent about everything, they're such emotional sacks! It's so self-centered of them to think the world cares about their emotional toils!

See what I did there?

·
Registered
179 Posts
It pisses me off that I can't.. for ONE day.. go without bruising or cutting myself. Screw you corporeal weakness!!
Not sure if unintentional bruising, or self harm :|

·
Registered
179 Posts
ENTPs are the best at getting mad o_O

Reactions: marzipan01

·
Registered
535 Posts
I'm really mad that I'm so F*cking awesome, and so few people appreciate it. I'm mad that all the other girls I know in their 30s are DUMBASSES. (aside from PerC). Yeah I said it who cares. Im' mad that they continue to be the bane of my existence. I'm mad that I didn't get to talk to my favorite checkout guy at the healthfood store. I'm mad that I have hormones. goddamn hormones. I'm mad that there are things I can't have. Im mad that I'm so awesome because right now, it seems like the self gratification of awesomeness is insufficient. I'm mad at every guy i've ever liked, every girl i ever didn't, and most of the world. Im mad that the more I succeed and improve, the more people wanna pull me down. I"m mad that for the first time as an adult i'm thin, and all I get is hate

fortunately, there are exceptions

·
Registered
692 Posts
I hate when I had something really good to hate on but I forg...

nevermind I remember.

I hate when I decide I will not eat unhealthily, or that I will get homework done, or work out, and I impress upon myself how badly I need to be doing it... and then it just doesn't happen.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm sick of INFJ boys who break my heart repeatedly... who know how much I love them and instead of just letting me be content with our friendship... lead me on continually so that I don't want to find anyone else just in case their manipulations turn into truths one day.... :'(

·
Registered
535 Posts
I'm sick of INFJ boys who break my heart repeatedly... who know how much I love them and instead of just letting me be content with our friendship... lead me on continually so that I don't want to find anyone else just in case their manipulations turn into truths one day.... :'(
O. M. G. dont tell me this is my fate. had i happen once already. (or did it go both ways?)

hey i've got the better of this one though. predicted their moves. i'd be happy to share discoveries

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
@Ann Kane and @Rosie4491,

I'm going to paint you a picture.

There was once a man named Sebastian (NiFe) and a woman named Elliott (ENTP).

Elliott was a firey and passionate artist. Her passion led her to paint what she saw and as a result, her artwork was highly controversial. Her art shows were thrown out of galleries, banned from shows, which fanned the flames of her fame and popularity which were spreading throughout the world.

The more famous she became, the more difficult it was for Elliott to tap into her muse. She decided to get away from it all and take up an art class at a local university, hoping to reconnect with her roots and discover what was missing.

While in art class, she caught the glance of a man across the room. He flashed her a warm smile. He was watching her. Elliott wondered if, perhaps, this man had what she was looking for. Perhaps he had the missing piece that she needed to re-ignite the passion and brilliance in her work that she had once known.

Elliott struck up a conversation and the two quickly became friends. His name was Sebastian and he exuded a softness, a kindness, Elliott had never witnessed before in a man. He was fascinated by everything she did and she loved the attention. She felt like nobody had ever understood the true yearnings of her heart before Sebastian. For the first time, she felt like someone finally understood what she was saying.

At first there appeared to be no problems. This was perfect. Speaking through the night about philosophers, drinking wine under the stars, painting what they saw and knew.

Then, Elliott showed him her portfolio. The works she was most proud of. The works that revealed her true soul.

Sebastian felt they were too loud, too controversial, "Perhaps, you need to learn how to tone it down," he told her.

Elliott didn't know what to say. Calming down was never an idea that had occurred to her. She had hoped that he would help her reconnect with her vibrant passion. She considered the notion and thought to herself: Maybe Sebastian is right. Maybe calming down is what I need to reconnect with my vibrant passion. Maybe it's one of those inherent contradictions of life itself.

So, Elliott decided to try calming down and being more polite. She toned down the color schemes in her next painting, deciding only to use dull colors: grey, brown-grey, olive-grey, etc.

Her paintings became monstrosities. She slashed them, forgot them. As she toned herself down, she was slowly destroying the last embers of her passion. Every day that went by she became more hollow, more quiet, more lifeless.

One day she woke up and in the bathroom mirror she saw the sparkle had left her eyes. Her first wrinkle appeared along her forehead. Dark circles appeared under her eyes. And she realized, her life was passing her by.

That night, when Sebastian picked her up for their Wednesday night ritual of going to their familiar restaurant and then making fun of everything everyone ever tried to do, he found her standing behind the door with her hair dyed a vibrant blue.

Sebastian grimaced, "What did you do to your hair?"
"Isn't it great?" she said.
"I think you might be regressing," said Sebastian, "Maybe you should see a shrink."

Throughout the night, Elliott started to see the way that Sebastian talked down to her as he worried about whether or not she could truly take care of herself. He suggested that she seek out therapy, calm down, be normal, be more organized, become a complete person which required conformity.

And she realized that day by day he was sucking the confidence, that fire, out of her body. The light was dying out.

Elliott stood up.
"Where are you going?" said Sebastian.
"Out," she said.
And she left him there in the restaurant and broke up with him via text. Followed by nights and nights of binge drinking to wash away the damage that had been done.

When she came back to her senses, she found what she had been missing all along. The contrast between her true self and the self Sebastian wanted her to be reignited her artistic passion. Within a few years, she reached the highest point in her career. Her artwork was so controversial, she was banned from entering over thirteen countries throughout the globe.

She eventually died at the ripe old age of seventy-two when a dictator hired a hit man to take her out. Really, she couldn't have asked for anything more. ;)

·
Registered
535 Posts
@marzipan01

that was fantastic, thanks.

the key is just having your senses open..just being aware and recognizing the patterns...even if someone doesnt come right out and overtly say "calm down", you know if they are patronizing you, if you look inwardly.

someone like this, today made a very passive aggressive move on me today. someone such as this, has been trying to burn the candle at both ends, and when he found both ends are on to him, and have skedaddled, disincluded both parties from the usual invite. this person is obviously engendering a reaction, or maybe just plain striking back..for what? not continually offering our attention? for us not being groupies? geezus

fucking vampires. i have so much trouble with feeler guys. are the majority of them like this?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts