Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,my nineness is getting to me. How would one determine between these.
I have always scored ENTP, but I could just be lying to myself.
In real life I rarely act like one, except when I am comfortable and on a knowledgeable subject
XNAP, speaks for itself, Accounts for my off the wall thinking, my lacking of encyclopedic knowledge or drive to bs it no matter what(I used to have this back in my more extroverted/comfortable social network days), the fact that I like feelings (to a degree) and my bouts of intro/extro-vertedness.
ISTP, probably more how I actually act everyday, but I really believe once I move out of my parents house and get decent network of friends I will be very different than I am now.

So what are some key defining litmus tests for these types?

EDIT: This might be useful I feel most alive and myself leading a a group(2-10) of people at night in the woods (preferably the first time we've been there).

Reactions: Grey

·
MOTM Nov 2009
4,132 Posts
I can't recommend any tests that you seem to be seeking, but I don't think behavior counts for much - a person may act one way to someone, but in reality, feel an entirely different way in another scenario. Try to think of how you are when you were most comfortable, I would say. Additionally, I think it'd be better to say 'ANxP' - A accounts for ambiversion, which isn't a term used for the Thinking and Feeling spectrum.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you,

Another thing that might correspond is to specific Jungian function is that I've notice I build several different frame works of thought and entertain all them fairly equally until one is proven to be false/highly unlikely/ or just not going to happen. I build them based on very possibilities that either entertaining to me or might actually happen and then wait to see if world reveals facts to support them. An example is when meeting people, (mainly attractive women but others as well) I tend to see three or four possible people that make up who they are, the animalistic side(the flesh, fight/flight, angry), the facade or front they put up, if they share the past, how that might relate to their facade(the past influence) and how it all of this interacts to make up who they really are. And of course this kind of thinking is fun to use with conspiracy theories, tie all sorts of loosely related facts and wait to see how it unfolds.

There's also time I love to just instinctively do something, like losing control while mountain biking and literally skating upon the edge of crashing. Having to make millions of minor corrections to stay loosely in control, and doing it all in split seconds. Which as I think of it, it is not unlike what I described above, the difference is the speed of sensory input and possible outcome predictions blur into action.

Reactions: Grey
1 - 3 of 3 Posts