• December

Votes: 16 9.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Explanation: I want to see if there is any correlation between birth month and MBTI type. So im attempting to see what month has the majority of ENTPs.

·
Banned
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why would there be?
I am not entirely sure, although there are correlations between birth month and eyesight, menarche,specific disease, ans many more things, so i was wondering if MBTI type and birth month was like any such thing.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I am not entirely sure, although there are correlations between birth month and eyesight, menarche,specific disease, ans many more things, so i was wondering if MBTI type and birth month was like any such thing.
Hmmm. I've only passingly heard about those findings, but I'd think that has something to do with seasonal conditions and how it affects the mother's lifestyle before giving birth, and the environment the baby is exposed to in its earliest and most active months of development? But I know nothing about this, maybe you'll find something. But your sample is going to be quite small.

·
Banned
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm. I've only passingly heard about those findings, but I'd think that has something to do with seasonal conditions and how it affects the mother's lifestyle before giving birth, and the environment the baby is exposed to in its earliest and most active months of development? But I know nothing about this, maybe you'll find something. But your sample is going to be quite small.
i know its not gonna be an exponential number of votes, its more for my own musing and amusement.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Well if you want a ballpark you can guess from the zodiac signs already posted in that thread. It's pretty spread out, doesn't look like a strong correlation in any particular month.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Well if you want a ballpark you can guess from the zodiac signs already posted in that thread. It's pretty spread out, doesn't look like a strong correlation in any particular month.
According to the zodiac, I figured that most ENTPs would be fire signs. My conclusions were wrong. I think that birth month and mbti type have nothing in common.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Does it mean anything:

He agrees.

But if your hearts set on it: May.

Reactions: Rouge

·
Banned
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does it mean anything:

He agrees.

But if your hearts set on it: May.
ive noticed that you are generally an asshole on PerC, whats your deal?

but anywhoozle, this was mostly for fun anyways, guys, and most of you are being overly analytical about it. relax.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
ive noticed that you are generally an asshole on PerC, whats your deal?

but anywhoozle, this was mostly for fun anyways, guys, and most of you are being overly analytical about it. relax.
That isn't very non-assholy of you, yourself thar.

Methinks you just don't get my sense of humor.

·
Banned
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That isn't very non-assholy of you, yourself thar.

Methinks you just don't get my sense of humor.
sorry, i was just a bit stressed out earlier, but yea i get your sense of humor, its just i dont take sarcasm lightly when im stressed

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
...as if an ENTP would ever lose composure when delivering sarcastic, snide remarks or being overly analytical. That's just a comfortable norm and therefore perfectly relaxing. :cool:

·
Registered
138 Posts
On Correlations

INTP WITH A MAY BIRTHDAY

A correlation story:

• In college I had an upper-level physics course with 4 other students plus the professor.
  • All but one of us had a birthday in May.
  • We were all Math/Science nerds (Rationals, I'm guessing).
  • Was it due to Zodiacal influence? My scientific nature seriously doubted it.
  • Being an astronomer, I knew that the sun travels through the constellations in the wrong months.
  • And some Zodiacal constellations span two months worth of transit, others mere weeks.
  • But the distribution of birthdays in the room was highly unlikely and deserved an explanation.
  • So I wondered, "Are birthdays truly random?"
  • I considered that many Math/Science people have Math/Science parents (a genetic inheritance?).
  • And logical (Rational) parents may plan a pregnancy more than other parents.
  • And the best time to have a child is arguably in May:

1. The mom would prefer cool weather to wear a big sweater while pregnant (not a swimsuit).
  2. The weather is warm enough for the baby to wear only a diaper during the frequent-changing months.
  3. The weather is getting cooler when the baby begins to need pants for crawling.
  4. The weather is cold when the baby needs shoes for walking.
  • So I'm guessing there may be some correlation, if only for certain temperaments.
  • Maybe other temperaments have different reasons to cluster together?
  • Maybe it was all a coincidence ...
A note about correlations:

Be careful not to jump to conclusions:
A correlation does not necessarily indicate causation in either direction.

For example:
A study showed that children who use nightlights are more likely to need glasses.
Possible explanations:
The Reporter's Assumption: Letting your child use a nightlight will harm their vision (presumably due to eyestrain from trying to see in the dark or due to eye fatigue from not having sufficient darkness during sleep).
An Alternative: Perhaps children with poor vision stumble in low light on the way to the bathroom or are fearful of shadows on the wall because they can't see clearly. So the parents provide a nightlight as a result.
Confounding Variable: Neither condition causes the other -- they are both caused by a third, unidentified, condition. Perhaps overly cautious parents provide nightlights to prevent nighttime fears and they also take the kid to lots of doctors to prevent any possible ailment (and buy their kids glasses to correct the slightest vision deficiency, which might otherwise go untreated).
Correlations are important because they prompt further research. This research should be conducted in a controlled environment, in order to show causation and its pathways.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
This seems a pretty unusual combination, but I'm a Cancerian ENTP; and there happens to be about three other ENTP Cancerians, in comparison to about fifty gazilion ENTP Geminis...

·
Banned
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This seems a pretty unusual combination, but I'm a Cancerian ENTP; and there happens to be about three other ENTP Cancerians, in comparison to about fifty gazilion ENTP Geminis...
holy, i forgot i made this thread. it does seem that most ENTPs are born in may and june

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Huh. That's pretty weird. I always did notice that, as much as I don't buy into astrology, my star sign and MBTI type descriptions fit awfully well (Gemini+ENTP), so perhaps it makes sense that a lot of other ENTPs are also Gemini? I never thought I'd say it...

I now want to conduct this sort of experiment on a larger and more random sampling of personality types...:proud:

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
holy, i forgot i made this thread. it does seem that most ENTPs are born in may and june
You should also take into account what the general population though

Reactions: agokcen
1 - 20 of 66 Posts