Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was reading and read that ENTPs enjoy watching people's reactions to things, and for me this has resulted in, well, a lot of bizarre and harebrained behavior on my part. And it isn't even always spur of the moment stuff either, like in the basement of one of the shitty houses I lived in while in college, I always kept roman candles under the chair I always sat in so I could light them off inside the basement and scare the shit out of people when we had parties. On parents week when I lived in the dorms I dressed up like a caveman and accosted families, and one of my friends had a remote control car and I would act scarred shitless of it/lash out at it/battle with it, as a caveman no doubt would, and I left a good amount of families in stitches while horrifying the others. Growing up I liked to hide treats (fun sized candy) in various places for my dad to find, and it got to the point where my dad, who had a huge sweet tooth, would search for treats when he was hungry.

Most recently I was at a friend's place and he's was droppin' a poopy in the bathroom and I came across some keyboard cleaner. I sprayed some and noticed a horrific taste on my lips from having just sprayed it. The culprit, was a biterant they added to prevent people from huffing the stuff, and just spraying it in the same room your in makes biterant get in your mouth, regardless of huffing or not. So seeing as there is a spray needle on the front of the keyboard cleaner I stuck it under the bathroom door and sprayed keyboard cleaner into the bathroom and my friend at first is just like, "What the devil is going on?!" because he spots a mist billowing into the bathroom, and then all I heard was, "Ahhhh! Bleh! Fuck!!!" and I hear him start to spit and cough. By the end of the night everyone was spitting and complaining of biterant because I emptied the entire can throughout the night. It's sort of common knowledge among my friends that you don't let me have things like that. And I'm a fricken' 25 year old career man right now.

These are just a few of the bizarre things that I've done. So I'm wondering, am I just a strange son of a bitch or is this normal for ENTPs? Sometimes I'm the only one laughing and everyone else just thinks I'm insane.

For example, there's a guy who I barely know, he's like a friend of a friend of a friend, and one day I photoshopped this photo of him, uploaded it to Facebook, and tagged him in it:

Everyone else was left scratching their heads and I was literally crippled with laughter, and I still laugh every time I see it because I think about how horribly confused he must've been to log on and see that picture of himself made by someone he barely even knows. I don't even know what the hell that thing I used for his body is. Is it a punching bag or a lamp??

So I'm wondering if drollery, bafoonery, and all around absurd behavior is an ENTP thing? I know Adam of Mythbusters loves a good caper, and I do as well.

Oh, feel free to share your bizarre-ness as well. Or just let me know that I'm one weird SOB ^_^

·
Registered
273 Posts
I cant think of anything that bizarre that I have done but I know I have said things that got odd reactions... and I usually laugh at inappropriate parts in movies... which makes people feel awkward. One instance of this I remember well is watching Posiden * SP * with the family of a good friend. When the people get squished with the flaming elevator I started laughing and couldn't stop... I think i missed most of the rest of the movie... Oh and when Fergie died I laughed... but I think other people did too.:crazy:

·
Registered
8 Posts
aha yes I can definitely relate. Sometimes I think the reason I am alive is to mess with people. During my freshmen year in college I would mess with my roomates. One of the best things I did was I convinced them that I had an imaginary friend named clyde. Every so often I would just say No Clyde! or Shut up Clyde! (especially when they were smoking weed) and pull it off perfectly with a straight face. I would then act like everything was normal and their reactions would just be effin priceless.

I've kind of toned down the bizarre behavior in real life in order to keep a job lol but I tell ya Xbox live is the best place in the world to mess with people. Im not a complete gamer I just like having crazy conversations. For example convincing a straight guy that its logical to be gay if your stuck on an island with only another guy. LOL HILARIOUS- im straight by the way. Another one is befriending an outspoken racist and a strong black man and then inviting them to the same room to have a little chat. HA talk about awkward. There is about 100 different things as well that just randomly come to me.

·
Banned
998 Posts
Hahaha

I once convinced a girl that my name is Jamaal, and I'm a tall skinny white guy. At first she didn't believe me, so I was like "People never believe me when I tell them my name! It's really frustrating! I didn't choose this name!". After that she believed me ahaha.

A lot of times I just make up complete bullshit on the spot. Like this one time when my cousin came to visit, we met this other girl at a bar, and I told her "this is my cousin, and you're not going to believe this, but he is on an 800 km walkathon. Its expected to take 50 days! Lucky for him we're on the route, so he gets to take a one day break". She completely bought it too! And my cousin is INFJ, and he just rolled with it. He likes messing with people too.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Oh, I don't even remember all of the crazy shenanigans I've pulled. Usually they aren't seen as crazy from the surface, until you find my ulterior motive.
One I remember is that I convinced about, oh I don't know 30 people or so that I was an exchange student from Armenia. I was born in Texas and have never been out of the country. They didn't find out until several weeks later. he he he....
Also, I have this bad habit of filming odd things or stuff I personally like to note, and people always think I'm a wierd stalker or something.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I have moments where I'm such a ass/dipshit I wonder why my friends hang out with me.
I'll be almost dying of laughter from just some jackass thing, akin to filling the house with keyboard cleaner, speaking of which, where did I leave that.......

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
meh, I'm always making a spectacle of myself.

A few months ago, I wore swimming goggles (while dressed in a business suit) on a public train just to make observations of the reactions.

And then in high school, I made the morning announcements via school-wide "radio" (intercom) during junior year. one morning I decided that I'd blast a Motley Crue song in lieu of announcing cheerleading tryouts. I actually didn't get in trouble for it, because everyone on staff was cracking up. :crazy:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I'm the one who pulls the practical jokes unexpectedly. One time I pulled a chair out from under one of my unsuspecting classmates before he sat down and he fell flat on his ass. Another time I busted out the shocking pen. Of course, people get mad at me for that one, but then what do they do? Have fun zapping themselves with it. I'm the starter of food, ice and water wars. I've had people believing all sorts of bizarre stuff before too.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also love just effing with people spur of the moment too, especially people who are trying to sell me shit, because they have to keep playing along. A guy called me right in the middle of dinner the other night and he says, "You've qualified for a grant. Do you know what that is?"

I enthusiastically said, "Yeah, free money!"

"Yes sir, it's free money from the government. Now if you qualified, what would you be using the money towards? Business, academic, paying off debt, or personal?"

"Definitely personal."

"Okay, how much do you think you would need?"

"As much as you'll give me."

"Can you give me a ballpark?"

"Ummmmmmmmm, I dunno, ten grand."

"You want ten grand for personal use?"

"Yeah."

"Well, okay then, sir, if you just fill out the forms that we can mail to you in a package which will determine if you qualify then you can get your ten thousand dollars. Does that interest you?"

"Oh yeah."

"Okay then, it's just $3.95 shipping and handling. How will you be paying for that?"

"Wait a minute, $3.95? Can't I just use my ten thousand dollars to cover that?"

"No sir, you have to qualify for the grant first, so I'm going to have to get that three ninety five from you right now."

"Three ninety five? I don't have that kind of money lying around, which is why I really need this grant."

^ Things went on like that for a good ten minutes before he got frustrated with me trying to get free shipping and handling and hung up.

Also, whenever people at the mall try to sell me a cell phone by coming up and asking me what my current plan is, I always just reply, "I don't own a cellphone and I never will. I'm an angry puritan who thinks everything is the devil, especially cellular phones. You should find Christ." That usually confuses them to the point of not wanting to speak anymore; however, sometimes I get roped into Christian conversations :angry: Hoisted by my own petard I guess :proud:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I'm about ready to tell the next non-recording political solicitor that calls me trying to get me to vote for Meg Whitman or Jerry Brown or whoever else is running that until these politicians treat the election seriously instead of as a popularity contest, I'm not interested in voting for any of them <_<

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm about ready to tell the next non-recording political solicitor that calls me trying to get me to vote for Meg Whitman or Jerry Brown or whoever else is running that until these politicians treat the election seriously instead of as a popularity contest, I'm not interested in voting for any of them <_<
If voting actually changed anything they'd outlaw it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts