Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I saw a similar thread in the ENTJ forum and was just curious about my fellow ENTPs. Do you guys cry? In what kind of situations and how often? I don't know many ENTPs in real life myself - that I'm aware of, at least - so I don't really know.

Personally, I bawl my eyes out whenever I watch Grey's Anatomy, tragic romantic movies, that kind of stuff. But I only do it alone: for some reason, I just can't do it when people are around. When people around me start getting all teary-eyed due to a scene I'd normally find moving, I just start cracking up.

Otherwise, I rarely cry except when I'm furious to the point of tears. And I never do it in public.

What about you?

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
When other people start crying, I get uncomfortable because I'm wondering if they're expecting me to do the same or to comfort them.
When I cry, I do it alone...most definitely.
I've usually cried for no perceivable reason, though. But some movies/books/news articles have made me cry.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
One movie has made me feel more sadness than an other, but that isn't saying much.

The only time I've ever cried was during EXTREME situations. Last time I cried was a few months ago when I thought I was watching someone I'd know for about twelve years die. Then when I was nine and someone poisoned my dog.

Basically, I cry when I'm completely helpless and I know it.

·
Banned
998 Posts
When I was a kid I cried. The last time I cried was two years ago when I was going through some anxiety issues. Now I can't even imagine myself crying. It seems so useless and ineffective. I've been thinking lately what I would have to go through in order to actually cry. I think even if someone I am close to died, I may not cry. Of course I'll miss them, but I don't think I'd cry. I've built a connection in mind where crying is a direct result of self-pity. And for that reason I don't cry. That's one thing I can say about myself. I take responsibility for my actions and never feel sorry for myself. And very rarely for others.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Now I can't even imagine myself crying. It seems so useless and ineffective. I've built a connection in mind where crying is a direct result of self-pity. And for that reason I don't cry. That's one thing I can say about myself. I take responsibility for my actions and never feel sorry for myself. And very rarely for others.
:crazy:

You'd make a fine therapist.

·
Old Man
2,834 Posts
I haven't cried in years, I've been sad, but almost never will it bring me to tears.

I've got nothing against it.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
When I was a kid I cried. The last time I cried was two years ago when I was going through some anxiety issues. Now I can't even imagine myself crying. It seems so useless and ineffective. I've been thinking lately what I would have to go through in order to actually cry. I think even if someone I am close to died, I may not cry. Of course I'll miss them, but I don't think I'd cry. I've built a connection in mind where crying is a direct result of self-pity. And for that reason I don't cry. That's one thing I can say about myself. I take responsibility for my actions and never feel sorry for myself. And very rarely for others.
What about sex just for pleasure?

As "against the grain" as ENTPs can be, they for the most part will still bow to society on the things it deems as weak.
So too will most NTs.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Crying is a sign of weakness.
I don't cry consciously, though I have woken up with tears in my eyes.
Life sucks, crying won't fix anything.

·
Registered
63 Posts
In the last seven years I just cried about five times or so and the last time I was really drunk.
I used to cry a lot when I was a child, usually in anger, but now I just can't, even when I'm really sad, it kinda sucks sometimes.

·
Registered
911 Posts
The only occasions a bro is allowed to cry on are:
1) a famous sports star retires
2) Star-Wars
3) LotR
4) cutting onions

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yesterday i saw Forest Gump again... and again cried little girly tears.

·
Registered
821 Posts
The last time I cried over something real was when my cat died four years ago. I've cried since them but only in response to reading about or having fantasies about emotional or sentimental things. I equate this behavior to emotional masturbation rather than a true loss of control.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Crying is an expression of an emotion.

I cry whenever I'm moved to do so.

..I really don't see how it's a "weakness".
Is laughing a "strength"?

No, they're just reactions to an environment.

I wouldn't say I cry often,
but it's not rarely.

No shame.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts