Personality Cafe banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To understand what I'm saying, you need to assume INFJ + ENTP is the perfect pair. Just like men with a lot of testosterone pair up with women with a lot of estrogen. They compliment each other. It makes sense that if you have one type built for another type, they would assume complimentary roles.

What roles?

INFJs are the most picky. They're notorious for their "door slam", trust issues, etc.

ENTPs aren't "incompatible" with any type. We basically can get along with every type out there. We're in every group. We're talking to kids at every table at lunch (this is in highschool). We're exploring a million ideas and possibilities and experiences.

So you have groups of people forming networks. Network dynamics come into play. Say you're stuck with a group of friends and one of them has a toxic attitude toward something. Social Network Dynamics research (watch the latest episode of Through the Wormhole for more on this... the one about bigotry) has proven that the toxic attitude will eventually spread toward other members of the group. BUT. If you have the FREEDOM to change groups, you can switch to a group of friends who aligns with your views.

Who has a million views from every different group? ENTPs. We're group sluts.

Who shuts every group out and comes to brilliant, magnificent, glorious conclusions on their own? INFJs.

INFJ + ENTP makes the group. We are the... that's what we do.

Is anybody feeling this?

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
OMG. My favourite ENTP is back :)))
How are you ?
Yes, yes. What you said above is definitely true. ENTPs and INFJs can be indeed partners in crime .
-Ob.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
What does it mean?
something like, entp solve my problems and i solve theirs, or at least by function complement. But we see the world differently so we do only solve in small pieces. So it ends up solving each others life and then just chill out or something? :p I think... that was how i interpreted it. You get lazy because different end-goals but at the moments can help each other.

I want to know more, if anyone think differently please

·
Registered
25,985 Posts
I want to know more, if anyone think differently please
I thought it was because both types don't normally prefer to lead and both tend to procrastinate. So because they're both comfortable with just chilling, nothing ever gets done.

Someone more knowledgeable give us a comprehensive explanation.

·
Registered
134 Posts
To understand what I'm saying, you need to assume INFJ + ENTP is the perfect pair. Just like men with a lot of testosterone pair up with women with a lot of estrogen. They compliment each other. It makes sense that if you have one type built for another type, they would assume complimentary roles.

What roles?

INFJs are the most picky. They're notorious for their "door slam", trust issues, etc.

ENTPs aren't "incompatible" with any type. We basically can get along with every type out there. We're in every group. We're talking to kids at every table at lunch (this is in highschool). We're exploring a million ideas and possibilities and experiences.

So you have groups of people forming networks. Network dynamics come into play. Say you're stuck with a group of friends and one of them has a toxic attitude toward something. Social Network Dynamics research (watch the latest episode of Through the Wormhole for more on this... the one about bigotry) has proven that the toxic attitude will eventually spread toward other members of the group. BUT. If you have the FREEDOM to change groups, you can switch to a group of friends who aligns with your views.

Who shuts every group out and comes to brilliant, magnificent, glorious conclusions on their own? INFJs.

Is anybody feeling this?
So you are looking at this in terms of two opposites holding each ends of a structure, like one holding the ground and the other capping the ceiling? The two limits/ends - conservation vs. expansion? Reserved, the holder, vs. expressor/mediator, the magnet. OK.

But add another dimension and think of it in terms depth. ENTPs are group sluts (what a great phra..), they cover incredible width but not as much the depth. (Not, "not so much," but not as much. It's all relative.). INFJs (and we INTPs too :) go for depth, and another thing, INFJs also organize things and tie the ends. Hence, the holder. ..

So yea the hyper-testosteronized group slut (my god..) gathers ppl and gets the idea-orgy going, while the mother (your model) INFJ serves as a processor/organizer of the group, like a metal coin holding these helium balloons together (in the wind..), actually helping it last and mature into a long term existence? Sth. like that?

Err.. INTP translation of ENTP ideas. You guys are always up to such fun bits, but it always makes sit and think a bit more.

I get the two-part action, but what about their interaction? I think that's what people are getting at with socionics stuff. Thoughts?

·
Sharp Cutting Thing
9,678 Posts

What roles?

Is anybody feeling this?
Sounds great! But you have to have So to do it...

...looks at his So blind spot

·
Registered
INFJ 3w2 Sx/So
3,373 Posts
I personally prefer ENFPs.

They have functions that go in the same order, but with extroversion/introversion reversed. It creates an interesting dynamic -- someone who is "different and the same".

I was just discussing the affects that my relationship with my ENFP SO was having on me with him this morning. He pulls out the introverted or extroverted sides of my functions, but in a healthy way. I've become more open and considerate of different possibilities (Ne), more assertive in my beliefs and convictions (Fi), and better at making plans and actually doing things (Te). He's experiencing something similar with his top 3 functions.

ENTPs and INFJs undoubtedly make a good pair, but I wouldn't trade my ENFP for one.

·
Registered
501 Posts
My ENTP and me tend to get lazy sometimes, but have bouts of times of tremendously hard work as well. When we have a plan, we tend to team up and get out of our comfort zones to get things done. Granted, this can be stressful for both. He does not like to operate in Si (he becomes very detail oriented, focusses on what not to forget, gives him stress!) and I am not as good as dom Se's in acting in the moment, organizing stuff but still want to do my best (driving the car somewhere to buy things for a trip, seeking out good products in a specialty store to cook for friends etc. I can do it, but it will cost me).
But the results of our hard work are mostly worth it and in the end we are accepting of each others lack of practicality, sometimes pushing each other to do more.

As it comes to groups, we both tend to organize and participate in group events. He is the extraverted one and can talk and meddle with everyone, I am more picky and eventually get to choose who is joining our events (after talking it through, of course, based on who we both like and think would contribute to the event).

·
Registered
591 Posts
Actually, ENTPs have problems with strong Fi people. Let's put an ENTP and ISFP in a room together and see what happens. Or an ENTP and an INFP. One is your conflict and the other is your supervisor (socionics).
I'm keen on INFP.. Even if I may consider them as 'weird kids' most of the time. All my my female friends (almost) are INFP. But I agree, it's a kind of strange battle, they want to understand all my feelings, etc., and I want to discuss politic, ethic, art.. It's strange, how I can feel bored sometime with they, and How I like to e in their company.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I'm keen on INFP.. Even if I may consider them as 'weird kids' most of the time. All my my female friends (almost) are INFP. But I agree, it's a kind of strange battle, they want to understand all my feelings, etc., and I want to discuss politic, ethic, art.. It's strange, how I can feel bored sometime with they, and How I like to e in their company.
And your views on INFJs? Just curious.
-Ob.

·
Registered
591 Posts
And your views on INFJs? Just curious.
-Ob.
I don't know, I know only one with who I can't be objective.
Therefore I can't try to get an overview of INFJ. I feel it will strongly depend of their core values, if I can understand and accept them, or not, more than the cognitive function they use. i just understood that, when they (she) 're talking about core values, they re is no need to argue, it will just upset them (I tryed many time, for fun).

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I don't know, I know only one with who I can't be objective.
Therefore I can't try to get an overview of INFJ. I feel it will strongly depend of their core values, if I can understand and accept them, or not, more than the cognitive function they use. i just understood that, when they (she) 're talking about core values, they re is no need to argue, it will just upset them (I tryed many time, for fun).
Umm. Yeah. right conclusion there. It is like me and ENTPs i know. I understood that most part ,you guys say things just for fun and do not mean to offend anyone. Of course, respecting your views etc. is good part of forming some sort of bond with other personality types.
-Ob.

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
I've been in a relationship with an ENTP for almost a year now, so - heck yeah, it's a great pairing!

·
Registered
Beta Gang - EIE 3w4 - 368 sx/so
4,750 Posts
Best friendship I got is with an INFJ. She make me discover scientific stuff, I help her to not think too much about things, bring some nuances, rational and blunt point of views while ensurin that the whole meaning behind her actions remain intact.

Like she don't even need to tell me what she mean, I just know it. She like the candor and softness when I'm carin about her and feel safe to talk about personal issues, while I like her wisdom and great sense of balance in almost everything. Amazing close friend overall that I do not wish to lose anytime soon

Fun fact : I've door slammed a lot of people. I guess the INFJ - ESTP dual in Socionics is actually pretty spot on

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had a very close friendship with an ENTP in high school and college. In college in particular, yes, I can say the op is very true. I almost think we could have started a cult if we were so inclined (not that such was ever the agenda!), the power of the dynamic seemed to be that strong. But a lot of things with great potential for good also have great potential for bad and that potential ended up in that infamous doorslam so many INFJs seem to resort to. I think ENTPs will be likely to assume they are more "the leader" than they are. Maybe they are ostensibly, but I think they might not really understand how significant the INFJ's contribution to that dynamic is.

Also, imo, we fed some less than great traits in one another. INFJs have a sense (pretty accurately) that they see and know on a deeper, broader level, and ENTPs just know they are unqualifiedly awesome at everything--so when the two sync up and identify with the other, I think narcissism and arrogance can abound. But feeling like you are always right and can do and be anything and everything feels great at the time. It's just not true--or not true without a lot of very hard work, growing up, real world knowledge, more growing up, and more hard work.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts