Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Corrected

I've yet to meet anyone young and dumb who isn't a major pothead. Is this just coincidence?
That yes.

I've yet to meet a ENTP who isn't a major pothead. Is this just coincidence?
Just a coincidence. If you keep hanging out with people with a similar interest regardless of their type, you're going to find the whole spectrum of the MBTI capable of being a pothead most of whom do it for different reasons.

The NT side of me tells me smoking is bad, period. It stinks, harms your health, harms people around you, selfish, promotes dependency, and much more. Why would I even subject myself to that torment whether it is weed or cigarettes? Any type addiction is detrimental to that person.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
That yes.

Just a coincidence. If you keep hanging out with people with a similar interest regardless of their type, you're going to find the whole spectrum of the MBTI capable of being a pothead most of whom do it for different reasons.

The NT side of me tells me smoking is bad, period. It stinks, harms your health, harms people around you, selfish, promotes dependency, and much more. Why would I even subject myself to that torment whether it is weed or cigarettes? Any type addiction is detrimental to that person.
...pot isn't physically addictive. :mellow: And it's near impossible to OD.

It's not dumb if done in moderation. I don't smoke though. Edibles only. :)

Keeps my lungs in tact. And simultaneously takes care of the munchies.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
That yes.

Ew, I think I've agreed with almost all of your posts until this one.

Really? You sound like my mom. Research before you talk shit. The close-mindedness expressed here disgusts me.

·
Banned
998 Posts
I used to be a maaaajooor stoner. But not anymore. Haven't done it in two and a haf years now. The decision was based around me wanting to be able to think clearly, and if I told myself to do it in moderation then I'd rationalize doing it more and more and more. I like having a clear head, so I just stopped.

And it's not physically addictive, but it is psychologically addictive.

I'm not against pot, I just decided not to use it anymore.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
That yes.
So when do you guys grow out of it? :p

On a more serious note only one of the ENTPs I've known has smoked pot in large quantities. He smokes it as a sort of substitute for nicotine cigarettes. This is a wise choice, however, because unlike with regular cigarettes medical studies done up to date show that there is no connection between pot and various cancers.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Not a word of this is true.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I've yet to meet an ENTP who isn't a major pothead. Is this just coincidence?
I was thinking about Type and Drug use a while back. I noticed that I an INTP acquaintance of mind basically had the same sort of habbit with that kind of thing. We drank but not much and it was rare that we ever smoked pot. I typically go for months without pot in spite the fact that I have a few friends that do it regularly. I've had to turn it down quite a bit.

What about yourself? I'm just curious because even though our preferences differ we share the same functions.

·
Registered
145 Posts
So when do you guys grow out of it? :p
I smoked weed everyday in high school. I did everything stoned: school, dinner with mom, traffic court...etc. Then I went into the Marines, in which I only got high once (during the Gulf War). After I got out of the Marines, I tried it a few times, but it wasn't the same. It was like one of those "you can never go home" moments. It just wasn't the same. All I could do was sit on the couch, eat Cheetoes and laugh at the TV.

It definitely isn't for everyone, but I think everyone should try it at least once.

·
Registered
97 Posts
mmm weed...

Yeah I actually had to step back and force myself to stop smoking for at least a month cause it was getting out of hand and I was going down the stoner path. Hopefully I'll be able to go back in moderation. Feels like psychological addiction's going to be a pretty much constant battle for me though.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Yeaaaaah...psychological addiction, its pretty easy to snap out of it. After I graduated college, I had a month before I started my new job, and I basically smoked weed all day every day during that span. At the end, I abruptly stopped, no real problems.

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Yeaaaaah...psychological addiction, its pretty easy to snap out of it. After I graduated college, I had a month before I started my new job, and I basically smoked weed all day every day during that span. At the end, I abruptly stopped, no real problems.
It's called getting bored.
Not a very good way to fix a lot of addicting things, but weed really isn't chemically addicting.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ew, I think I've agreed with almost all of your posts until this one.

Really? You sound like my mom. Research before you talk shit. The close-mindedness expressed here disgusts me.
Totally right. You have no idea what you are talking about. Pot doesn't kill brain cells, harm your lungs long-term, impair judgement, or anything like that. It;s also not addictive, which is why it's popular among drug-users who seek a constant high. In fact, drugs in general are completely healthy - with no potential to get us hooked, stupid, or killed.

Cannabis is a great gift from nature and should be enjoyed because it is wholly pure and natural - my thoughts are the same on arsenic.

Reactions: NeedsNewNameNow
1 - 20 of 64 Posts