Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess various. And neither is dominant.

I love all good songs from the 70s, 80s, 90s, pop, rnb, rock n roll, jazz, blues, hip hop, trance, synthpop, new wave, some with religious ambient, to the craziest ones :laughing:

·
Registered
722 Posts
90's Alternative Rock/Grunge, Alternative Rock (in general), Some mainstream 80's ,a little mainstream 70's, Electro-pop/Dance, Hip-Hop, R&B, Power-pop, emo and really anything else.

I mostly gravitate to Alt Rock, Power-pop or Dance I mostly base my liking of a song based on good songwriting and not genre.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's great! I love powerpop and dance too. And yeah particular genre doesn't guarantee good stuff to listen to dance to

·
Registered
722 Posts
Yeah, I find it's more about the artist than the genre. Good artists typically write or at least choose songs that are consistently good so I never base it on genre.

I know that one of my all time favorite bands, Veruca Salt, have been classified as power-pop. Have you by any chance heard of them? They did that song "Seether" and "Volcano Girls."

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that band from the 90s? I think I ever heard about them as I was a kid :crazy:
let me check out few of their songs after the class I'm gonna take in a hour :wink:
I'll post again afterward

ty

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
A Wide Range

yeah, as far as music goes, I'd have to say my favorite is a soft electronica feel. However, I do like a lot of music including: rock, pop, country, techno, 60s-now, alternative, etc. I also have these in different languages: English, Spanish, Japanese, French, Hungarian, Swedish, Arabic...

But I pretty much love it all.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I guess various. And neither is dominant.

I love all good songs from the 70s, 80s, 90s, pop, rnb, rock n roll, jazz, blues, hip hop, trance, synthpop, new wave, some with religious ambient, to the craziest ones :laughing:
I like a mixture of things. I listening to mainstream music that's on the radio etc. but refuse to download them because it is so over-played on the radio, music channels and clubs that I don't need to download the songs/albums.

I mostly listen to rock, post-grunge, nu-metal, alternative rock etc.
(and for some reason my playlist does not consist of any female singers/bands with a female lead. etc.)
How sexist of me... :bored:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like a mixture of things. I listening to mainstream music that's on the radio etc. but refuse to download them because it is so over-played on the radio, music channels and clubs that I don't need to download the songs/albums.

I mostly listen to rock, post-grunge, nu-metal, alternative rock etc.
(and for some reason my playlist does not consist of any female singers/bands with a female lead. etc.)
How sexist of me... :bored:
Sexist? Hmm, let's see...
I mostly listen to female artists when I'm imagining me within my own world, and the male ones as the visualization of an opposite sex comes into my fantasy (during the listening activity).
So whether I'm sexist or not, I think that's just normal

·
Registered
215 Posts
Sexist? Hmm, let's see...
I mostly listen to female artists when I'm imagining me within my own world, and the male ones as the visualization of an opposite sex comes into my fantasy (during the listening activity).
So whether I'm sexist or not, I think that's just normal
Hahahaha.. Yeah. I was just kidding. I am not sexist really...
Just the fact that compared with my friends I don't listen to the same music as them at all and
I don't own any female vocal songs. I just prefer guy bands/vocals more I guess. Haha.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
mostly 80s and early 90s - I like everything from the fun, stereotypically ESxP Van Halen stuff to moody British bands like the Smiths and Depeche Mode

as I've gotten older, come to appreciate lyrics that have some interesting meaning, Missing Persons, Living Color, Pink Floyd, XTC, Rush - all had ENTP or seriously "N" lyricists and had unusual social and personal commentaries

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
My music taste is all over the place. Just ride with me when I go to work. Something like this is the norm:

1) Guns N Roses - Paradise City
2) Kanizsa Csillagai - S-o Mersz Giszka
3) Warrant - We Will Rock You
4) The Queen of Night Aria (from Mozart's The Magic Flute)
5) Motley Crue - Kickstart My Heart
6) Maria Callas - Carmen
7) The Darkness - I Believe in A Thing Called Love

·
Banned
998 Posts
These days I've been listening to purely house and trance. It's a fairly new genre for me still, so I'm having a lot of fun with it. Especially since you gotta dig for the good stuff.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
People on Last.fm tag artists I like with stuff like this:

• prog rock
  • alternative
  • industrial
  • experimental
  • indie
  • electronic
  • glam rock
  • avant-garde
  • garage rock

·
Registered
37 Posts
Specific bands include

Royksopp
The Avalanches
M83
Stevie Wonder
Justice
Kraftwerk
LCD Soundsystem
DJ Shadow
RJD2
The Knife

Basically anything that has good instrumentation. For me, lyrics are almost always irrelevant in terms of good music.

there are so many hidden nuggets out there:)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts