Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So basically, I knew this ENTP fellow once. Ridiculously hot, and who am I kidding, I've always been attracted to an oversized-ego ;)

As an INFP who lives in my own fantasy world, I was so intrigued and fascinated by this ENTP who seemed to be able to jump in and out of my inner world with ease.. Beyond that, he had his own worlds that I found equally fascinating.

The problem is, you ENTP's jump around so quickly and are so witty that you seem to miss the moment sometimes. At least to an INFP who savors every moment of beauty and milks it for all the amazing emotion she can get from it ;)

You ENTP's definitely have this witty, clever, and sarcastic ego which I find so darned attractive. Yet I can't seem to be able to put up with it for extended periods without becoming annoyed, or at least frustrated. This is a problem. HAHA.

And yes, you are pretty awesome in your own rights... feel free to expand on your awesomeness below and exaggerate my mention of your wit and sarcasm, as I know you're dying to do ;)

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Spank you very much.

That is all.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hm, in hindsight, I suppose I should have seen this coming.. You entp's are also pros at creating even irrelevant correlations to otherwise innocent words. Can't say I really blame you though. The thing about us Fi dominants is we don't always consider how things are received, maybe that's part of why I manage to get myself into trouble with entp's.. Either way, I sure got my laughs in for the day, so for that thank you :)

As before, can't live with or withou you guys. But I have a feeling this love-hate relationship across our personality types is generally mutual ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Funny you mentioned how we can tend to "miss the moment" because I notice this in myself. I've become really aware of how uncomfortable I feel around someone who is very sincere. A guy I know is always sooo sincere in everything he says. When he asks "hey, how are you?" He says it with emotion and eye contact and I can tell that he seriously wants to know and that makes me so awkward and anxious because I really just want to fly by with a "great, thanks, how bout you?"

I get uncomfortable in other people's intimate moments too, like a father and bride dance at a wedding, or watching a person sing to someone, I feel like I can barely watch lol like I'm embarrassed for them.

seems silly since all of those scenarios are so common and most people love the idea of them. no me, just over here missin the moments lol

·
Registered
283 Posts
You ENTP's definitely have this witty, clever, and sarcastic ego which I find so darned attractive. Yet I can't seem to be able to put up with it for extended periods without becoming annoyed, or at least frustrated. This is a problem.
What's interesting is that I often behave obnoxiously out of boredom. If people around me aren't stimulating enough I'll either zone out or - depending on energy/blood alcohol levels - misbehave to get a reaction. So maybe if you can find something to really engage him, like a good opportunity to play devil's advocate or whatever, you may find him to be:

1) More present in the moment.
2) Less likely to wind you up to entertain himself.
3) Bond emotionally with you. (That's right, bond emotionally, holy fuck on a stick question those rockets their motivations are questionable...)

ENTPs often require polarity in order to engage - whether it's political, sexual or whatever. If we can't play with ideas we'll either check out or start playing with people. And not in a particularly nice way.

TL;DR: Less feels, more sexies/shouties.

Personally speaking, I think that discussing emotions cheapens them. Maybe that's not what you mean by savouring but... whatever.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ENTPs often require polarity in order to engage - whether it's political, sexual or whatever. If we can't play with ideas we'll either check out or start playing with people. And not in a particularly nice way.
Oh my... I think you just hit it on the head! Maybe that's why he was able to "jump in and out of my world with ease" - we INFP's are extraordinarily creative; so there is always some polarity in whatever fantasy world we are imagining... But as a very open person, I would readily dump it on him. Like HEY LOOK AT THIS AWESOME IDEA! He'd be intrigued... For a short time. I wanted to explore that idea more, he was bored after a bit and ready to jump to the next. And yes, once bored, I became the play thing.... Usually emotionally, since I didn't let him get too close physically. Though he certainly managed to get a little closer than I'd intended :p

·
Registered
283 Posts
I don't know about other ENTPs but I would never be able to express what I feel for the fairer sex without physical intimacy. Words just don't begin to describe the intensity and emotional intimacy is never something I've been comfortable with.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
i don't know about other entps but i would never be able to express what i feel for the fairer sex without physical intimacy. Words just don't begin to describe the intensity and emotional intimacy is never something i've been comfortable with.
qft

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have such a violent raging lady boner for ENTPs. I love that you will debate anything and everything under the sun, not get emotionally invested and butt hurt over it or think I'm insulting you if I disagree (unlike a lot of the feely-types), and I love your ability to come up with the most brilliant ideas... that you can't always execute LOL (which is where I come in... with our powers combined, we can do awesome, horrible things, and if I were taking over the world, I'd need an ENTP... and since you're louder and more obvious than me, you'll get assassinated first, bwahahahahaha). But seriously, I could listen to you talk all day, and I miss the days when I was the level-headed, practical accomplice in crime to an ENTP

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have such a violent raging lady boner for ENTPs. I love that you will debate anything and everything under the sun, not get emotionally invested and butt hurt over it or think I'm insulting you if I disagree (unlike a lot of the feely-types), and I love your ability to come up with the most brilliant ideas... that you can't always execute LOL (which is where I come in... with our powers combined, we can do awesome, horrible things, and if I were taking over the world, I'd need an ENTP... and since you're louder and more obvious than me, you'll get assassinated first, bwahahahahaha). But seriously, I could listen to you talk all day, and I miss the days when I was the level-headed, practical accomplice in crime to an ENTP
ENTP + INTJ is such an awesome and unstoppable combo! Probably my best friend is an INTJ, it's weird....we are like this strange mirror/other version of each other. Not sure if I even know an INTJ female...hmm...I should fix that.

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
ENTP + INTJ is such an awesome and unstoppable combo! Probably my best friend is an INTJ, it's weird....we are like this strange mirror/other version of each other. Not sure if I even know an INTJ female...hmm...I should fix that.
I'm talking to an INTJ right now and I'm going to go on a date with her tonight. I can definitely see how our thought patterns are different but I see it being a combo that might work out well. I was amazed when I asked her online and she told me her MBTI and also enneagram. I guess time will tell...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts