Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So everyone has them. I'm curious as to what insecurities ENTPs have. What are yours?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So would that kind of make ENTPs insecure about their insecurities?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mr.XI Vii hit in on the head. Though most of the time I'm suffering from self-diagnosed ataraxia so I usually don't have much to worry about.

Thought if I had to name an insicurity of mine I'd say it would be that of being hindered or held back. Most people don't tell me that I can't do something, ever, end of story; those who do I tend to ignore. Though if there is ever anyone who can physically prevent my from doing something I want then it gets to me; it won't stop me, I'll find a way around it, but I will become aggrivated by it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
My insecurities (that developed at the start of my 20s) are that when interacting with people they might be thinking I am a bit mad and all over the place, whereas in my head I am completely normal.

That then also adds to another insecurity about my conversation style... I have this thing where I perceive that all the conversations I have with my friends are really light hearted and jokey, but then my friends go off and have more proper, 'formal' conversations where they can have more meaningful conversations once the child (me) is out of the picture.

I think its the start of developing my Fe because I am actually starting to be interested in the honest opinion of others and wanting to understand them more, rather than just taking everything they say as an invitation to engage Ne and go off on something that it makes me think of.
Unfortunately it initially resulted in me being very cold and aloof because I tried to shut off Ne and engage Fe, but I didn't know how to. Its getting much better now though.

In essence, I think that my insecurity revolves around me thinking that everyone else thinks I am very immature and childlike. I would like to earn the respect of others, rather than gaining it through almost what feels like the generosity of others.

·
Registered
210 Posts
That sounds like me. Definitely dread my loneliness, but then again I thrive on it. Odd how that works.
It works and is how many ENTPs imprison their own lives.

['I'm lonely but my cognitive powers will take me out of any bad situation. I don't need people because that's when I thrive.']

Not meant to sting.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think my only insecurity is that the people I let in might hurt me. I rarely let people in to my innermost thoughts, let alone my innermost feelings, so when someone does - and then goes on to reject me, misunderstand me, or take me for granted - it's really awful. I tend to withdraw for a while afterwards while I lick my wounds and try to comprehend the betrayal. But I've been working on trying to *let* people have trust (assuming they're pretty good people/I like them), and accepting that any pain that results is an opportunity for growth and the good outweighs the bad.

I also have a tendency to get angry when I'm hurt and drive people away... rather more successfully than I should.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have many insecurities, but no one else knows. My friends think I have only one or two insecurities, and one of these is very obviously dancing. I can't dance, I don't enjoy dancing, I hate the way I dance, and want to avoid it at all costs. Of course, all my friends are dancers, which makes it difficult to completely avoid it. But one insecurity that isn't obvious is my feelings. I don't show loads compassion, and often times I seem uncaring and cold. But I actually care A LOT about others and my friends, but I feel showing this is a weakness. So my compassion and feelings are my biggest insecurity.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
I have many insecurities, but no one else knows. My friends think I have only one or two insecurities, and one of these is very obviously dancing. I can't dance, I don't enjoy dancing, I hate the way I dance, and want to avoid it at all costs. Of course, all my friends are dancers, which makes it difficult to completely avoid it.
Holy Shit... TOTALLY. That didn't even occur to me but wow... yeah I can relate to that so much!

I also agree with the lonliness thing, though I don't really thrive on it. I want to share my experiences with others, so I just get bummed out and worry about being alone the rest of my life. :dry:

Reactions: Jaclyn Bradley

·
Registered
134 Posts
knowing you're still in world which is too heavily based on unnecessary tradition. your friends thinking you're "a bit much" to hang around with too often, when really you need social interaction

·
Registered
60 Posts
I feel insecure when I feel lonely. If ive been isolated for too long then I start to go a little crazy and will literally run out the door and find something "good" to do. I call this my "escape complex" because when I was younger and got grounded I would always run out the door and hop on a bus just to escape haha

I guess my biggest insecurity is the fear that I'm not wanted, or a burden to someone else. If I suddenly feel unwanted (usually or probably almost always an illusion in my own mind) then you can be sure that I'll remove myself from that situation

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Agree with that. I hate thinking I might be any sort of burden. I also tend to think people don't like me very much, and if we agree to meet socially for some reason that they are only agreeing it because they don't know how to let me down without hurting my feelings. When I get stressed then I sometimes start to doubt my own decisions at work and develop a bit of an "impostor complex".
Bizarrely I can hold these ideas at the same time as believing I am awesome.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts