Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't understand how ENTPs seem to have such a better grasp of their tangible world than INTPs do.

They seem more outwardly stylish and organized. Even though they might have similar challenges when it comes to the perception of time, they do expend more energy at making everything look like it's all together.

What do you think this is about?

Reactions: Dove_Eyes

·
Banned
109 Posts
I don't understand how ENTPs seem to have such a better grasp of their tangible world than INTPs do.

They seem more outwardly stylish and organized. Even though they might have similar challenges when it comes to the perception of time, they do expend more energy at making everything look like it's all together.

What do you think this is about?
IT IS BECAUSE THEY ARE PREDOMINANTLY "Ne", THEREFORE THEY CLASSIFY & CATEGORIZE EVERYTHING.

:dry:

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is because they are predominantly "Ne", therefore they classify & categorize everything.
That's a Ti trait, not an Ne trait.

Reactions: DAPHNE XO

·
Banned
1,556 Posts
My ex was epically ENTP. Outwardly she was a strong character and capable of doing anything. Inwardly - the girl I knew, and relating to her personal life - she was the most scatterbrained, hard to understand, convoluted, thinking-about-everything-at-once, flitting from one thought to the next, complaining about how her perfectionist ideas weren't reality (usually her perfections ideas for her image of me - became quite a gripe...), etc, etc, etc person I ever met. She was impossible to make head or tails of, and I didn't like that at all.

Some things that set us apart:

- Her room was an Aladdin's cave of things representing her personality. This mostly meant books she'd found that she thought she could learn from, but never finished reading. The books were all to do with personal growth, or biographical - ENTPs like to learn through the example of others, I find. In comparison, I'd say the INTP room is literally just full of junk that they have mostly no attachment to, and in no way represent their inner world.

- She was able to express herself exactly how she wanted in any given situation. This usually involved being overly happy or overly pissed off. She would have emotional outbursts then five minutes later not care about them at all. Seems like she was just highly reactive to her environment. She wasn't even properly emotional, it was just her method of dealing with the scenario. Whereas INTPs don't show no emotion fo' nobody! Which is quite a downfall for us really.

Mainly I learned that she was as scatterbrained as me. For all the awesomeness and ability she portrayed to everyday people, I was all too aware of how much she secretly worried about her absolute lack of control or direction. Compared to her, I felt cool and well-directed. Interestingly, I only became that kind of person because of her influence. She told me the sort of things that inspired her, so I tried to deliver. That might be related to how ENTPs appear to be quite capable. They kick people into action without even realising.

So, I guess it may be that ENTPs exude an image of this perfectly focussed, intelligent, quick-thinking, sharp human being to everyone they interact with, and it rubs off onto others who are sort of inspired by their style, but deep down, the ENTP doesn't see themselves like this at all. They don't realise it, I guess. It's part of their internal mission to be ever-improving, measured on a scale only they can understand. As much as she quite admirably always just wanted to make the world a better place, my ex would only ever talk about her life and how she wasn't doing what she wanted to do. ENTPs make everyone aware of their perfect vision of their personal universe, and that vision is often quite understandable or correct, so people assume the ENTP to also be of this perfect style, when the reality is that they're simply human, albeit a little more 'individual' than the rest.

I guess the main point is that ENTPs actively make people aware of this desired perfection, whereas INTPs just think about it without telling anyone. That might be the difference? A greater willingness to be vocal with opinions, because people attach a lot to the words of others.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Their Fe is decent. Fe is image-focused.
Okay. In addition to JPS' brain, I also want a clone of your programming.

This also makes sense now. Why all my life I've felt like if I could get my image in order then I could crack all kinds of things. It's Fe insecurity coming out.

(Enter 50+ pairs of shoes.)

Reactions: misstheground

·
Banned
109 Posts
Okay. In addition to JPS' brain, I also want a clone of your programming.

This also makes sense now. Why all my life I've felt like if I could get my image in order then I could crack all kinds of things. It's Fe insecurity coming out.

(Enter 50+ pairs of shoes.)
"Fe" DOES NOT EXPLAIN THE OVERT ORDERLINESS OF "ENTPs"; "Fe" WOULD ONLY EXPLAIN A CONCERN WITH APPEARING ORDERLY, OR WITH "PROJECTING AN "IMAGE".

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"Fe" DOES NOT EXPLAIN THE OVERT ORDERLINESS OF "ENTPs"; "Fe" WOULD ONLY EXPLAIN A CONCERN WITH APPEARING ORDERLY, OR WITH "PROJECTING AN "IMAGE".

If you're going to keep yelling at me, please don't quote me.

·
Banned
1,556 Posts
@RYZHKND- Genuinely interested - why the constant capitals? I thought you might not be natively English but your profile info says you're american. So why? Doesn't really bother me too much, but it is a bit odd. Did you learn to write that way? Or is this just an Internet thing? The 'Dry' face you put after each post is interesting too. Why dry? Also - another curiosity - Is there a meaning to your username? It doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, or the mind! Not saying it's bad, but I'm curious because it probably has meaning somewhere?

Hey @Ista, we finally agree on something, woohoo!

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
YOU ARE JUST IGNORANT, AND REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE WHAT I SAY --WHICH IS THE ACCURATE ANSWER TO YOUR ORIGINAL QUESTION-- BECAUSE YOU DISLIKE HOW I TYPE.

REMAIN IGNORANT & DELUDE YOURSELF THEN.

What you are saying is fundamentally inaccurate. I would have more patience discussing it with you if you stopped yelling.

You've been told by many people, but still keep up this "rebellion." :dry: indeed. The youthful need to look original.

:laughing: <-- Just pretend that's a *yawn*

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Heh? Since when are ENTPs more organized then INTPs?

My ENTP brother's room is a dump containing the following:
- several computers (only one of which is in use)
- heaps of clothes at least half a meter high (half of which he "found" or "was given" by a friend), some of the heaps will be on the floor, some on pieces of furniture, some in random nooks and crannies
- random bits of trash that he keeps to build things from (e.g. plywood, plastic etc.) & spray cans, buckets/tubes of colour etc
- artwork in various stages of completion (just one of his many hobbies)
- furniture that he found on the road
- books and CDs randomly strewn all around the room
- a mattress or two to sleep on somewhere in a corner..... nobody knows what happened to his bed

My ENTP boss's office is pretty much the same on a smaller scale:
- HEAPs of paper (he can never find anything; never reads anything that anyone gives him and if he does, he'll forget what it said)
- clothes
- a bag full of trash for some practical lesson he teaches (probably maths, although it looks more like orienteering); there isn't really any space in his office, so he chucks the bag into the shared cupboard for everyone to trip over.
- other trash that he keeps to re-use/build things from, e.g. biscuit tins to use as a tray for coffee
- he has never lifted a finger to tidy anything up; when he can't find things, he'll holler or whimper for others to get them for him; he complains about the state of his office, but doesn't like it when some well-meaning Fe- or Te-dom tidies up for him.
- he needs his ENTJ colleague to read his diary out to him and remind him of appointments, without her help (or interference), he'd end up making two appointments at the same time (I swear, it's true)

suspected ENTP teacher (female)
- her classroom is organized, but outside the classroom, she is almost as absentminded as an introvert .... acutally, she's better than introverts when it comes to walking along the corridor and ignoring everybody

Out of the 7-8 (!!!, yes I know, weird) INTPs I've known over the years:
3 Are tidy at work (Don't know about home; one of them tells the ENTP off for being messy)*
2 are tidy both at work and at home, one of them is even known to marshall others to get organized! 2
2 dunno
1 messy at work, don't know about home

*one is the little sister of the other one. She seems like an INTP to me, but she might be another introverted type and her sister might be rubbing off on her

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm usually tidy at work. Someone thought I was ISTJ. I nearly fell off my chair laughing. It was clear that my work was somewhat done at that point. I also dislike messy desks. Not to the point that I'd actually care much, or judge a person on it, it's just distracting, particularly if it's someone else's. I suppose work is a Ti-Te world for me.

Sometimes the mask cracks, but there's almost always a mask. It's very different if I'm left in my natural state to whether I'm around people (be they work, friends, relationships or home people).

I don't know that many ENTPs, but those I do know all are stylish. That's what they let me see. I'm told stories of total devastation, but I've never seen it. Also with the papers and lack of orderliness, but again, I've never seen it. They're probably like me, and try to cover it up as much as possible. The difference is, that when they're in a work context, they mostly seem very well put together on the outside. I can too, but it has taken a lot of practice, and the look is sometimes held together by duct tape (figuratively or otherwise).

I've glimpsed the storm beneath too. Oh that Ne. I do know that when I'm with ENTPs, the time disappears and there's noooooo space in between conversation. 3 hours feels like 5 minutes. I can only imagine that wreaks havoc on appointments.

That's why it didn't make sense to me. If anything, it seemed that Ne would be more consuming than Ti, but Fe must have a greater impact in this way than I gave it credit for. ENTPs also seem less attached to objects, which may be related to their inferior Si.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts

How come PerC allows you to hold onto CAPS LOCK?
It usually shifts it back to lowercase for me.

Reactions: DAPHNE XO

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
YEP.
THIS EXPLAINS HIS :dry: FACE.
THE SECRET LIFE OF CAPITAL LETTERS.
(or: HOW TO DERAIL A WHOLE INTP FORUM IN FIVE POSTS)

ANYONE CARE TO WAVE DOWN A MOD, MY ARM'S GETTING TIRED.

·
Registered
470 Posts
YOU ARE JUST IGNORANT, AND REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE WHAT I SAY --WHICH IS THE ACCURATE ANSWER TO YOUR ORIGINAL QUESTION-- BECAUSE YOU DISLIKE HOW I TYPE.

REMAIN IGNORANT & DELUDE YOURSELF THEN.

I have nothing personal against you, but it is annoying to read your comments because they are all caps with a light color; it is hard to read them.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts