Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have made a few personality tests and they all give me the ENTP personality type. The descriptions seems to fit me almost 100 %, but with a few major exceptions. I do not feel entirely self-confident. I mean I feel pretty good on many points, but I do have a few insecurities and I do feel really sad if there are misunderstandings between me and a boyfriend. I feel sad to a point that I will go head over heels to make a conversation between us to hear the other persons views and explain my viewpoint in order to find a solution/understanding. This doesn't seem to fit with ENTPs.
My way of reacting might be due to bad experiences in my childhood though, because I don't even feel it is right to react like I do. I always try to explain things rationally, but it seems to clash if I feel misunderstood, not listened to and sort of abandoned.
Additionally, I get really self-conscious and sad if I feel that people are taking distance to me.

What do other ENTPs think about this? Does other ENTPs also feel like this?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I would really like to meet the person who feels entirely definitely self-confident all the goddam time. Does a person like that even exist?
I think we all have our insecurities or problems; we just differ in the way we face them.
For instance, I'm the type of person who's most likely to laugh them off and hide them. I only talk about my insecurities with my best friend or with my parents, but I hardly ever tell other people except them. I'm often the one who assures people that "everything will be fine" even if I myself am insecure.
There was a time back when I was really depressed that my insecurity was very noticeable and everyone could tell when I wasn't confident. But I was depressed, therefore incredibly out of balance. Ever since I got out of it, I got back to my natural state: as being who I am, a person who hides their insecurities, tries not to think about them or laughs them off. I don't think many people except those who know me well could tell that I have some insecurities. I appear fairly confident to people, and in fact I am in most things; but I'm not confident in everything.
I think it's pretty common for ENTPs to have some confidence issues on some things; they just try not to show it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.
The reason why I am asking is that I was advised to identify my feelings in difficult situations and by that let them go. However, I don't really know how to do that :S I mean, I don't really know what I should be looking for in doing that.
So if the problems I am facing within myself still means I may be an ENTP type, I can go on to work on my insecurities in an ENTP style :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts