Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Banned
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I'm an INFJ. Don't get me wrong. I love ENTPs, but aren't any of you upset that your natural partner is an INFJ?? Don't you think you mesh better with other types? Or just anyone who is attractive?

How many of you actually feel an actual magnetic attraction to INFJs? How many of you are sent running off by INFJs?

I'm asking this question, because I realized lately as an INFJ, I really value communication with people; I mean I want someone to answer my messages and return wall posts. love me or hate me, but I get angry if they don't and logically I think there is something wrong.

I read a book about type relationships and data shows that one of the best relationships are between two INFJs. They both work hard to communicate and further the relationship. It is one of the most strong and lasting relationships. ENTPs and INFJs really didn't match up as much.

So, I am concluding that I like ENTPs better as friends! How about you?

·
Registered
891 Posts
For me an INFJ is like a trap, because the only girl I was(am) attached to is one of your kind. It seems like a perfect match once there is communication channel - well developed tertiary functions Fe and Ti. I experienced a lack of it due to young age, but still there was this something awesome going on I loved her Ni insights into my Ne bursts and other way around. She has been able to make wonders with quite few of my ideas, which I truly envy her :)

I speak for myself but I do think it is a trait of ENTPs. Being physically attractive for a girl is definitely not enough. It is more like in my personal ranking girls score for brain, which was really hard for me to get for a long time. Other school might be to go for short relationship for pure sex (possibly one night stands), but in a long run I cannot stand stupidity and lack of dimensions.

I have sort of NFJ radar :) There is something in the way you look which gets my attention.

I don't think same types is a good idea for a relationship because it is boring and limiting unless there is a real huge age gap. For a younger one it would be a great way to absorb knowledge and older one have a fresh meat, but then again it would be like looking at the mirror to see your younger/older self.

Yeah fuck the friendships with opposite sex INFJs ;) In my case it turned out to be something more over time that I haven't really recovered from years after thanks to emotional attachment(that I couldn't even explain to myself for far too long), so thank you lesson learnt. Relationship straight away or see ya never. I don't think it could happen with other type as I could move on with any other one almost instantly.

·
Banned
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For me an INFJ is like a trap, because the only girl I was(am) attached to is one of your kind. It seems like a perfect match once there is communication channel - well developed tertiary functions Fe and Ti. I experienced a lack of it due to young age, but still there was this something awesome going on I loved her Ni insights into my Ne bursts and other way around. She has been able to make wonders with quite few of my ideas, which I truly envy her :)

I speak for myself but I do think it is a trait of ENTPs. Being physically attractive for a girl is definitely not enough. It is more like in my personal ranking girls score for brain, which was really hard for me to get for a long time. Other school might be to go for short relationship for pure sex (possibly one night stands), but in a long run I cannot stand stupidity and lack of dimensions.

I have sort of NFJ radar :) There is something in the way you look which gets my attention.

I don't think same types is a good idea for a relationship because it is boring and limiting unless there is a real huge age gap. For a younger one it would be a great way to absorb knowledge and older one have a fresh meat, but then again it would be like looking at the mirror to see your younger/older self.

Yeah fuck the friendships with opposite sex INFJs ;) In my case it turned out to be something more over time that I haven't really recovered from years after thanks to emotional attachment(that I couldn't even explain to myself for far too long), so thank you lesson learnt. Relationship straight away or see ya never. I don't think it could happen with other type as I could move on with any other one almost instantly.
LOL. I feel the same way about ENTPs. It's great on the exterior! Almost like a trap. The conversations are full of fun and zest especially because of the ENTP verbalizing skills. But, eventually I feel like I'm chasing them away. There is something deeper that just ruins the chances of a relationship for me. I don't really know what it is yet? lol. Maybe it has something to do with enneagram types. If they don't have the same basic desire, then it might make it harder to communicate. People always say that about INFJs and ideas and how they can make wonders with ideas. How? lol. Or, do you have an example. lol. Because I'm oblivious to it in myself :)

I think it's great you judge based on personality. You're one in a million. lol. I'm the same way, I can't stand the lack of emotion involved with night stands and stuff like that. I need something more. I need more emotions...haha, can't get enough emotions, right? I like attachment too. I like to be attached especially to friends. Not so attached that I'm clingy...but definitely attached enough that we respond to messages. If I show someone that I care about them, I will feel emotional about them not showing the same kind of respect back. Wouldn't you be upset if someone didn't respond?

haha, uh oh. No one ever told me about NFJ radar. lol. Where do you buy one of those? People, sometimes tell me that they can tell I'm nice and innocent from my smile. They tell me it's a little kid type smile, but I don't see it. haha, and I wonder if I'm fooling everyone around me with my smile....

It may be bland..but it depends. Do you prefer scattered conflicts and arguments OR harmony? I feel like whoever I end up with should be a feeler. or if they are a T, it should be mixed with a P. lol. I sound so nerdy right now. haha.

Alright, something tells me that you once were disappointed in being in the friend zone with an INFJ. She wanted to be friends, and you wanted to be more than that?? Why do you find it is hard to move on with INFJs?

Wow, you're lucky, you seem to meet a lot of INFJs in real time.

·
Banned
1,587 Posts
We have the same dynamic with intj's. In socionics it says they are relations of supervision. It's better to see each other in this light and get all the advice you need than to get involved in a romantic situation. The supervisee ends up feeling like they can't live up to the expectations of the other.

·
Banned
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We have the same dynamic with intj's. In socionics it says they are relations of supervision. It's better to see each other in this light and get all the advice you need than to get involved in a romantic situation. The supervisee ends up feeling like they can't live up to the expectations of the other.
I think your signature is so cute. lol. Do you have any relationships with INFJs?

·
Banned
1,587 Posts
I think your signature is so cute. lol. Do you have any relationships with INFJs?
My daughter is one. She's 12. She's actually the only other person I know who is as interested in personality type as me. She told me the other day how much it is wrecking her head, she just can't stop thinking about it. lol. It's a great thing to know your kids type actually. I can help guide her to avoid so many pitfalls. If she meets an estp when she's older he'll be frog marched out the door, I swear to God (no offence to estp's, you're just her opposite and no good can come of it)

My father is entp so I have a pretty good understanding of how these types are but I realise I still have a hell of a lot to learn.

·
Banned
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My daughter is one. She's 12. She's actually the only other person I know who is as interested in personality type as me. She told me the other day how much it is wrecking her head, she just can't stop thinking about it. lol. It's a great thing to know your kids type actually. I can help guide her to avoid so many pitfalls. If she meets an estp when she's older he'll be frog marched out the door, I swear to God (no offence to estp's, you're just her opposite and no good can come of it)

My father is entp so I have a pretty good understanding of how these types are but I realise I still have a hell of a lot to learn.
I literally laughed out loud when I read what you wrote about ESTPs. haha. I'm the same way about the MBTI. I feel like it's taking me over. lol. You have one daughter?

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
I've never really been attracted to an INFJ. I find that they are wonderful friends/companions, but there's something missing and I can't put my finger on it. Maybe I just haven't met the right one yet. My relationships seem to have almost nothing to do with type; everyone I've been interested in has been a completely different temperament, and in each we've developed a very unique system of communication. I think in general I enjoy the Ni-Fe combination, and similarly Ni-Te, because it can really help to generate new ideas between us and eventually see concepts as a whole from both angles.

·
Banned
1,587 Posts
I literally laughed out loud when I read what you wrote about ESTPs. haha. I'm the same way about the MBTI. I feel like it's taking me over. lol. You have one daughter?
I know, I can't talk to anyone without bringing it up, I'm actually starting to get on my own nerves.

Yes I have just the one. She's amazing. She's going to be a famous something some day, I just know it.

·
Banned
1,587 Posts
I know, I can't talk to anyone without bringing it up, I'm actually starting to get on my own nerves.

Yes I have just the one. She's amazing. She's going to be a famous something some day, I just know it.

·
Banned
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've never really been attracted to an INFJ. I find that they are wonderful friends/companions, but there's something missing and I can't put my finger on it. Maybe I just haven't met the right one yet. My relationships seem to have almost nothing to do with type; everyone I've been interested in has been a completely different temperament, and in each we've developed a very unique system of communication. I think in general I enjoy the Ni-Fe combination, and similarly Ni-Te, because it can really help to generate new ideas between us and eventually see concepts as a whole from both angles.

I really like that response! Me too, I feel like there is something missing. I can't tell what it is either!!!!

·
Banned
1,587 Posts
LOL. I am sure she will become famous one day :)
Well it was an entp who said in a thread earlier that you need to spend 10,000 hours at something in order to become good, she's well on her way there with her animations. They make me so proud. And with me and my knack for getting to know famous people I'll get her stuff into the right hands when the time comes and she creates her masterpiece!

You should check out duality in socionics. You'll never guess what type is perfect for you? The estj! You'd never think it but check out their forum, there's a few posts about that pairing there. My daughter can't see how it would be a good match but love isn't a logical thing. I've been with my dual for a few years and it has done everything it said on the tin.

Reactions: someonesane

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I'm dating an INFJ now, as a matter of fact, and I have to say, it's going better than any of relationship I've had before.

·
Registered
891 Posts
LOL. I feel the same way about ENTPs. It's great on the exterior! Almost like a trap. The conversations are full of fun and zest especially because of the ENTP verbalizing skills. But, eventually I feel like I'm chasing them away. There is something deeper that just ruins the chances of a relationship for me. I don't really know what it is yet? lol. Maybe it has something to do with enneagram types. If they don't have the same basic desire, then it might make it harder to communicate. People always say that about INFJs and ideas and how they can make wonders with ideas. How? lol. Or, do you have an example. lol. Because I'm oblivious to it in myself :)
I escaped because I was attached, I lost control, had to fuck this up.
An example could be going through philosophy in my Ne sessions just to see her being in the top on a national philosophy contest.

I think it's great you judge based on personality. You're one in a million. lol. I'm the same way, I can't stand the lack of emotion involved with night stands and stuff like that. I need something more. I need more emotions...haha, can't get enough emotions, right? I like attachment too. I like to be attached especially to friends. Not so attached that I'm clingy...but definitely attached enough that we respond to messages. If I show someone that I care about them, I will feel emotional about them not showing the same kind of respect back. Wouldn't you be upset if someone didn't respond?
I need more of intellectual connection. Not even emotional. Have to believe that I face in fact someone who is capable to expand my world map. I've seen that in her she turned nuts when I couldn't text back as I've been on hangover of my life ;) Personally I don't care about people responding. I tend to move on to someone/something else straight away. Sort of send and forget.

haha, uh oh. No one ever told me about NFJ radar. lol. Where do you buy one of those? People, sometimes tell me that they can tell I'm nice and innocent from my smile. They tell me it's a little kid type smile, but I don't see it. haha, and I wonder if I'm fooling everyone around me with my smile....
There is this looks that I'm catching instantly. Eyes + face expression. Hard to describe it just strikes me. Similar with other types.

It may be bland..but it depends. Do you prefer scattered conflicts and arguments OR harmony? I feel like whoever I end up with should be a feeler. or if they are a T, it should be mixed with a P. lol. I sound so nerdy right now. haha.
I found out that I would go for different things with different types. Conflict and arguments for example is a given with ESJs. I would say INFJ is in a flow group for me I prefer to exchange and expand ideas then striking some useless drama. In general with Introverts I'm more in peace or they run away :)

Alright, something tells me that you once were disappointed in being in the friend zone with an INFJ. She wanted to be friends, and you wanted to be more than that?? Why do you find it is hard to move on with INFJs?
Actually other way around :) But once the line has been crossed I went for my routine-sort-of-move-on-behavior that I have displayed back then. She was fully aware of that and projected the end to some extension. The only exception was that I was already attached. Couldn't run away that easily this time. I've even done simulations how it is to come back with other girls to make it "perfect". Rotfl.

Wow, you're lucky, you seem to meet a lot of INFJs in real time.
I wouldn't say that. Especially with the lucky part ;) I run away from traps haha.

·
Registered
224 Posts
someonesane, don't take this harshly, but allow me to cross in to the blunt side for a second.

Why does it upset you when an ENTP doesn't text/message you back? Is it because you are insecure and are worried that the reason he's not texting/messaging back is that he doesn't approve of what you said?

Would a similar personality be attractive because the would be equally vulnerable and emotional and (imaginatively) say/do the things you dreamed up (unfairly) in an ideal guy?

Does it have something to do with the fact that you may have had hard feelings towards an ENTP because the chemistry was there, but the situation didn't play itself out so you got defiant towards the "ENTP/INFJ Ideal" stereotype?

I guess my point here is that we put so much emphasis on personality types, but if that person isn't ok with themselves, (I know that sounds cliche) or is bringing baggage into the situation, then the whole "Ideal match" wouldn't make a difference and would only leave you pushing blame towards those predicting the ideal match.

Personally, I have crazy chemistry with INFJ's, but they take an ENTP who is patient towards the INFJ's feelings and emotions, and respectful and appreciative of the added order the INFJ brings to the ENTP's world. That's certainly not something you're born with...it's something you develop.

Likewise, it takes a self confident INFJ to realize that the lack of a reply message/text or seeming indifference was no reflection on them, as well as the understanding and patience towards the ENTP's wild heart and carefully guarded sensitive side.

I was fortunate to be the only "Ti" in a family full of feelers, so I know how to react to emotions and have learned to restrain my confrontational side. My family has also learned to appreciate my bluntness.

In the perfectionist world of the INFJ, sometimes it's difficult to see someone who stretches you to truly be what's best, but from my experience, I have no reason to doubt the "ideal pairing" logic thus far.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'm asking this question, because I realized lately as an INFJ, I really value communication with people; I mean I want someone to answer my messages and return wall posts. love me or hate me, but I get angry if they don't and logically I think there is something wrong.
haha some of your questions were too personal. If and when I know you better I will respond. I guess I could respond with "that's too personal" but I hadn't decided whether or not to respond at all. I could say "respond" a few more times too.

I don't know any INFJs personally. I think I would click with one very well but that just hasn't been a possibility. I'm more upset that they are so rare than I ended up matched with INFJs. I do well with NFs and I'll be honest...I get like this sometimes where I'm like ARGH EFFING NFs DRIVING ME UP A WALL! SO FLAKY! SO DISINGENIOUS! SO NEEDY! But I tend to get over it because everyone is different and truthfully I don't think it's possible to pick out the little pieces you don't like in a personality like raisins in bread; they are there to make that person the whole human being that they are---and if you took something out it would imbalance something else possibly taking away those things you liked so much in the first place! I have to remind myself of that when I'm screaming about the effing NFs ;)

Also just realize all types are different. We might not respond right away or at all but it's just how we are. If you're close to one of us we'll respond and enjoy conversing but sometimes it's just ...taxing...to be expected to act a certain way in the name of communication. Plus it feels like catering to me every once in awhile when I try to do what my NF needs and he doesn't seem to bother to think about what I need (though that is probably unfair, I'm sure he does, I just don't notice when I'm a grumpster).

By the age I am now I have figured out NFs are the best fit for me. They fulfill my needs better and I've finally kinda figured them out, kinda. At least I've figured out how to be a better partner to them. I think you may be getting upset again about things that none of us are really meaning to convey ;)

·
Banned
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
someonesane, don't take this harshly, but allow me to cross in to the blunt side for a second.

Why does it upset you when an ENTP doesn't text/message you back? Is it because you are insecure and are worried that the reason he's not texting/messaging back is that he doesn't approve of what you said?

Would a similar personality be attractive because the would be equally vulnerable and emotional and (imaginatively) say/do the things you dreamed up (unfairly) in an ideal guy?

Does it have something to do with the fact that you may have had hard feelings towards an ENTP because the chemistry was there, but the situation didn't play itself out so you got defiant towards the "ENTP/INFJ Ideal" stereotype?

I guess my point here is that we put so much emphasis on personality types, but if that person isn't ok with themselves, (I know that sounds cliche) or is bringing baggage into the situation, then the whole "Ideal match" wouldn't make a difference and would only leave you pushing blame towards those predicting the ideal match.

Personally, I have crazy chemistry with INFJ's, but they take an ENTP who is patient towards the INFJ's feelings and emotions, and respectful and appreciative of the added order the INFJ brings to the ENTP's world. That's certainly not something you're born with...it's something you develop.

Likewise, it takes a self confident INFJ to realize that the lack of a reply message/text or seeming indifference was no reflection on them, as well as the understanding and patience towards the ENTP's wild heart and carefully guarded sensitive side.

I was fortunate to be the only "Ti" in a family full of feelers, so I know how to react to emotions and have learned to restrain my confrontational side. My family has also learned to appreciate my bluntness.

In the perfectionist world of the INFJ, sometimes it's difficult to see someone who stretches you to truly be what's best, but from my experience, I have no reason to doubt the "ideal pairing" logic thus far.

LOL. That was deep, and I had to think for a couple of minutes of what I wanted to say. First isn't it normal to feel upset when someone doesn't respond. It's not that I'm completely insecure or think that they don't care about what I say, but I feel slighted. I feel slighted because I was willing to put in the energy in communicating with them and they didn't do the same in return. It's a polite thing to do--to respond to someone. I mean, I'm not going to say that I never feel insecure, and maybe subconsciously that has something to do with it. But, so many people feel the same way as I do. They hate when people don't write back especially when they expect an answer. In your head, you are expecting some kind of an answer that you may or not get. It messes with your expectations, if that makes sense. I'm not going to yell at someone if they don't respond. LOL. I won't judge someone because of it, but I feel like if I'm going to be in a relationship with someone, they better respond :)

My T is developed more than some would think. I'm not trying to live in a perfectionist fantasy world. I know that I'm a realist. I expect reality, and I know that no one is perfect. As I said before, I love ENTPs! I'm not trying to say that I would never be into one.

LOL. it seems like you put a lot of thought into this. I've had feelings for an ENTP as you know from my last thread :) Not anything severe, but it didn't play out the way I thought and that was because of me. I decided not to go through with things or go any further with it because I changed my mind about him. I definitely could have made more attempts. To be honest, I don't even know why I wanted to talk to him again. I was having one of those crazy impulsive days and then I impulsively made a thread and impulsively responded to things on the thread. :) I don't think that itself made me want to reject the ENTP/INFJ "stereotype". But would it be wrong if that had anything to do with it? Our experiences shape our opinions and after all this is my opinion ;) Others, by all means, are free to differ. I advise it.
haha, are you calling me unconfident and insecure? lol Just kidding! I do try to be understanding of other people. I'm not perfect either, and I know that I can help to develop my personality. It's a goal of mine actually. Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it :)
I'm the opposite. All T types in my family. I'm the only F type, but it has helped me A LOT!!!!!
I wish you best with any INFJ you meet.

·
Banned
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
haha some of your questions were too personal. If and when I know you better I will respond. I guess I could respond with "that's too personal" but I hadn't decided whether or not to respond at all. I could say "respond" a few more times too.

I don't know any INFJs personally. I think I would click with one very well but that just hasn't been a possibility. I'm more upset that they are so rare than I ended up matched with INFJs. I do well with NFs and I'll be honest...I get like this sometimes where I'm like ARGH EFFING NFs DRIVING ME UP A WALL! SO FLAKY! SO DISINGENIOUS! SO NEEDY! But I tend to get over it because everyone is different and truthfully I don't think it's possible to pick out the little pieces you don't like in a personality like raisins in bread; they are there to make that person the whole human being that they are---and if you took something out it would imbalance something else possibly taking away those things you liked so much in the first place! I have to remind myself of that when I'm screaming about the effing NFs ;)

Also just realize all types are different. We might not respond right away or at all but it's just how we are. If you're close to one of us we'll respond and enjoy conversing but sometimes it's just ...taxing...to be expected to act a certain way in the name of communication. Plus it feels like catering to me every once in awhile when I try to do what my NF needs and he doesn't seem to bother to think about what I need (though that is probably unfair, I'm sure he does, I just don't notice when I'm a grumpster).

By the age I am now I have figured out NFs are the best fit for me. They fulfill my needs better and I've finally kinda figured them out, kinda. At least I've figured out how to be a better partner to them. I think you may be getting upset again about things that none of us are really meaning to convey ;)
Lol. your opinions are so cute. I love them.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts