Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In comparison to the other NT types:
What things do ENTP's tend to be able to do, better than any other type?

I'm asking cause, while I feel like I'm pretty fucking smart, and can piece shit together better than anybody I know personally, I've read about other NT types being like, absolute geniuses and gurus. I feel like we've got the best social skills of the NT types, and are possibly a little more adaptable than any other NT (being both perceiving and extroverted)... but what else do we got?

·
Registered
4,134 Posts

I'm asking cause, while I feel like I'm pretty fucking smart, and can piece shit together better than anybody I know personally, I've read about other NT types being like, absolute geniuses and gurus. I feel like we've got the best social skills of the NT types, and are possibly a little more adaptable than any other NT (being both perceiving and extroverted)... but what else do we got?
Well, last time I checked we didn't need to identify with some group to feed our self-esteem. :bored:

Do not allow the label "ENTP" to become a part of your identity. This can seriously distort your self-image.

So instead of asking what are ENTP's or whatever personality types good at in general, it might be a good idea to ask various people of a certain type what they think that they are best at.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, last time I checked, that wasn't what I was doing, champ.

It's a question of curiousity, not identity seeking, or self-esteem boosting. I was just reading alot about the NT's in general, and seeing what the differences were, and noticed trends, such as the two introverted flavors of NT's basically being dubbed the most ridc intelligent (P's with time become known as "gurus" of their profession/life's work, J's being the scientists, doctors, mathematicians "most likely time to eventually cure cancer" type shit). The ENTJ's being the most corporately successful, even just generally successful. ENTP's sort of get a bad rep in comparison to the other NT's, being known as the biggest under-achievers and most likely to waste immense potential. So I thought, wait a minute, that's bullshit. There's gotta be SOMETHING we excel at more-so than the other NT counterparts.

That's why I asked. Cause it appears that, at least in most type descriptors, ENTP's sort of get underplayed in respect to other NT's.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I'd say we have a greater ability to filter through the bullshit and just focus on the things that matter or that we like.

We've got a great need for independence and we're overconfident in our abilities. Thips leads lots of experimentation and lots of failure. But we don't care about the failures because it makes sense to us that there will have to be some failures along the way to success.

If you look at the list of the world's most prolific entrepreneurs, a hefty portion could be argued as being ENTP. At the very least our type is over-represented among that crowd. This includes two of my favourite entrepreneurs; Sean Parker and Elon Musk.

It is true that a lot of ENTPs end up underachieving, although I think this can be explained by upbringing.

Personality type isn't the end all be all though.

Social skills, superior intellect, adaptability and innovativeness leads to our overconfidence. I know a lot of times I feel almost invincible like I'm on top of the world. Completely free. I love being in that mood. It's when I'm at my creative peak.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I personally think ENTP are 'ahead in terms of applicable innovative ideas. How successful the person is in implementing those ideas depends on the individual or his/her team.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I think we're one of the most open-minded of all types once we mature, and being open-minded opens a lot of doors.

We're extremely adaptable.

WE decide of people like us, not the other way around.

We're incredible at making connections.

We can be leaders and we can be followers.

Our brains are always going, so possibilities are endless

Unlike the INTP we have outstanding social skills.

Unlike INTJ we can accept things that we don't understand.

Unlike the ENTJ we don't feel the need to control everyone and everything.

This is all generally speaking, though.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Take a page out of david keirsey's please understand me 2

You guys are inventors i.e. Nikola Tesla, Thomas Edison, Leonardo Da Vinci etc etc

Although Keirsey threw out the cognitive functions they do apply to his description of the inventor

Ne: multiple possbilities, parallel in nature

Ni: sequential possibilities, how one thing leads to another, serial in nature

Ti: breaks down object be it a relationship, physical object, or theoretical system

Te: more about oragnising the environment around you, hence why INTJ's and ENTJ's are so prepared and adept at leading

ENTP:

Dominant Ne as opposed to Ni: so likes to brainstorm an endless amount of possibilities

Secondary Ti: breaks down the components of each possibility to see whether it's feasible or not

Dominant Ne + Secondary Ti = Inventor's brain

·
Registered
224 Posts
ENTP's are the best at debating, so wether or not we ARE the best, we are the best at convincing people we are.

That's got to account for something.

·
Registered
624 Posts

Biggest egos by far.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I feel like I spend more time than other people trying to understand people and situations rather than rushing to a decision and condemning them. I'm honest with myself about my shortcomings and try to improve myself constantly. I can think my way out of most problems. I don't avoid situations just because they make me uncomfortable. I'm resilient and have been able to go through a lot of life changing events without becoming a person I wouldn't like. Are these ENTP traits? I don't know; maybe. They are vague and not really measurable but they are definitely still things that make me stick out from other people, imo.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just thinking about it... I think we're the best at recognizing our flaws, and having a desire for self improvement. I could be wrong, but talking to my INTP buddy about his shit, he either doesn't recognize the flaw, or he recognizes it but doesn't see anything wrong with it, and has no desire to try to better himself. It's fucking frustrating lol

·
Registered
339 Posts
Just thinking about it... I think we're the best at recognizing our flaws, and having a desire for self improvement. I could be wrong, but talking to my INTP buddy about his shit, he either doesn't recognize the flaw, or he recognizes it but doesn't see anything wrong with it, and has no desire to try to better himself. It's fucking frustrating lol
It's almost as if we're self-aware and socialized enough to agree that making changes is important but not so sensitive that it blows our life apart with guilt and personal responsibility to realize there is something wrong with ourselves (I see this latter trait in my NF friends).

Reactions: fullofbull58

·
Registered
315 Posts
ENTPs:

1. The only NTs that have an obscure sense of humor that's ACTUALLY funny (INTPs are a distant 2nd. ENTJs' sense of humor is just either self flattering or making a mock of someone else. And INTJs are.....ok, I'll skip this).

2. Have the most multi-faceted personality among the other NTs.

3. Probably the most optimistic disposition.

4. The most SOCIABLE NT.

5. The NT that's most attached to his/her feelings, and the NT type that will most likely try to be politically correct.

6. Possibly the only NT type that can flirt competently.

7. The most broad-minded NT. (2nd would be INTP, though the difference is our secondary Ti doesn't filter as much).

8. The NT that's most attached to the dictates of his/her subconscious without acting so much in denial.

9. Possibly the most EMPATHIC NT.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Narccisim, multiple posts confirm this.

I will second the humor thing, we so funnay.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts