Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just wondering how you might sum up your current life motto in one sentence.

...okay.... a couple of sentences then.
I'm interested in your perspective of how best to live life.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Destroy then make somone else build. Then destroy again. Why destroy you ask? Well why do you build?

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I believe Stephen Colbert said it best: "Anyone who disagrees with me can gargle my man-sack!"

In all seriousness, the words by which I live are far too theoretical and complex to express concisely. Just understand that they're probably far superior to the words by which you live.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I believe Stephen Colbert said it best: "Anyone who disagrees with me can gargle my man-sack!"

In all seriousness, the words by which I live are far too theoretical and complex to express concisely. Just understand that they're probably far superior to the words by which you live.
Calling me unsuperior!
My world is way more complex. Try me.:bored:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Motto... hmm. Gonna think about that.

"Thing big" "Think fast" and "I think, therefore I am" come to mind.

Reactions: ShadowPlay

·
Banned
8,597 Posts
]In all seriousness, the words by which I live are far too theoretical and complex to express concisely. Just understand that they're probably far superior to the words by which you live.
I think you've just found your motto. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
"Possibilities are endless and each is just another scenario; play the one you have to the best of your ability, then prepare for the next, and never cease"

Reactions: ShadowPlay

·
Registered
147 Posts
It doesn't say I can't...
The ends justify the means
Of all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, 'it might have been'
In life we never have as much time as we think we do
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers and sitting by desolate streams,
World losers and world forsakers one whom the pale moon gleams,
Yet we are the movers and shakers of the world forever it seems."
...the last one is sort of a motto almost

·
Registered
147 Posts
If only I could write poetry that well. It's by one my favorite poets, Arthur O'Shaughnessy from his ode called... well Ode, it doesn't really have a title.
Oh! And speaking of poetry, here's another good one!
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
There's one heck of a motto, it's from 'Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night' by Dylan Thomas
full poem here Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night by Dylan Thomas at Old Poetry

·
Registered
303 Posts
I don't really have a motto, I like this line, though:
Oscar Wilde said:
Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.
It sounds almost like a joke, but it's been proven right many, many times through my life. :happy:

·
Banned
8,597 Posts
I find Oscar Wilde very quotable as well! :happy:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was just about to bring up wilde, you can't take anything he says without the standard grain of salt, partly because you know he's only saying it to push someone's buttons!!! True ENTP style.

"I always pass on good advice. It is the only thing to do with it. It is never of any use to oneself".

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying".

"I am the only person in the world I should like to know thoroughly".

- (you guessed it) Oscar Wilde

·
Registered
303 Posts
"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative."
Oscar Wilde, again.

(note how the fact that I love this quote fits so nicely with a post on the value of consistency I wrote about 10 minutes ago in another thread:crazy:)

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I don't know that you could call it a motto, per se, but I know, that whenever a loved one objects to a risky activity, that I'm going to partake in, my response has always been, "We all gotta die, sometime." It justifies it, logically, on my end, and pisses them off, so it's like ENTP heaven. lol

·
Registered
346 Posts
nothing, what's a motto with you? (lol, sorry I had too)

Anyway... If I were to chose my motto it would be one of the following

When ones body cannot walk and ones soul is broken, the mind must remake the two.
- It shows an inability to accept any defeat or setback, because nothing can truly destroy someone unless they allow themselves to think it can.

When love offers you a hand, take it, and fight as if you deserve it. If she asks for it back, know that it will make her happier. If you truly wish to keep it, just let go, it's your only chance to hold it again.
- This is pretty self explanatory.

Reactions: MOGwok and AgentSH

·
Registered
412 Posts
I don't know that you could call it a motto, per se, but I know, that whenever a loved one objects to a risky activity, that I'm going to partake in, my response has always been, "We all gotta die, sometime." It justifies it, logically, on my end, and pisses them off, so it's like ENTP heaven. lol
*high five* I don't know why, but that is indeed the most satisfying kind of win there is.

Hm, as for my motto. Really, I think that requires some examination of my goals and desires in life - for what do I really strive?
After some self-examination, I find that it's to travel the world, explore the universe, relentlessly pursue knowledge, achieve physical perfection, become truly enlightened, and die knowing that I've seen it all and done even more.
Now, if only there were some quick, snappy sentence to sum up that entire range of... oh. Oh, yeah.

"Gotta catch 'em all!"

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
"Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway."

Reactions: MOGwok
1 - 20 of 23 Posts